• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's my NSX worth?

Hey Chicago gang! I need a little advice: I'm going to be putting my NSX up for sale very soon and although I can consult KBB's figures, I'd like to get opinions on real market value for my car. Here's the details:
2002 Silverstone/Onyx, 31k miles, ARK DTS exhaust, Cantrell air intake. Nothing else to note of significant value (like tint, '05 shift knob, etc). No damage, garage kept, blah, blah, blah. I have pics posted at http://gallery.mac.com/rocbeat#100073.

I'll probably list it on Prime first to give fellow members first crack at her. There doesn't seem to be much buy/sell activity going on though there. Thanks in advance guys, looking forward to some good weather and seeing everyone soon!

All original?

$55k if its in top shape.

Going to need a TB next year.

Not even close, I think its worth more.

if it was my car i would list it for $65,000 as long as it what you say it is.

Last edited:

if it was my cat i would list it for $65,000 as long as it what you say it is.

ROC, you should sell to this guy!!

I have been following the market CLOSELY the past 9 months. I can get one of several nice 04s with half your mileage for that price.

You can ask whatever you want! Good luck with the sale. I hope you get a bunch for it.

$65K would be great! I've been watching closely too and it seems prices are ALL over the place. I've seen a '99 with 70k miles for over $60K! My dad always said that you can determine the value of an item by what TWO people will pay for it. Thanks for input guys.

if it was my cat i would list it for $65,000 as long as it what you say it is.

You could be right LISTING it for that knowing that maybe $56K-$58K would be a good sell price. :cool:

You could be right LISTING it for that knowing that maybe $56K-$58K would be a good sell price. :cool:

You are going to scare away a lot of people listing it as $7-9k over what you would take. Just my $0.02

Correct OSU, I don't want to make a killin here, just get it sold for a decent price and get my new ride. KBB shows $53K but I think it could go for more as well.

ROC, you should sell to this guy!!

I have been following the market CLOSELY the past 9 months. I can get one of several nice 04s with half your mileage for that price.

You can ask whatever you want! Good luck with the sale. I hope you get a bunch for it.

You been watching an not buying. If your looking and found several and not pulled the trigger in nine months? Each NSX has it own value. No two are alike. (since no more are being made) No more new ones. I guess your looking for the perfect NSX but not willing to pay for your perfect NSX.

back on topic:If you know the history of your car and not in a rush then why not hold out for top value. I have bought and sold many cars all using the world wide web. Every car i have sold the buyer always wants a discount.
every car i have bought i wanted a discount. everyone wants a discount.
You need room to negotiate. I would list it for 65 with mods and work from there. If you get no hits then move down.

Well, as another person who has also been “watching” and taking notes for several months, let me give you my two cents. Asking for 65k a bit too much for that year, color, and mileage. You can go ahead and list it at that price …but realistically, it will be sitting for awhile. Perhaps you can scan through the “NSX’s for sale” section and PM those who are still trying to sell their SS NSX’s or ask the ones who have been successful, and ask how long it took to sell their vehicle. The link in post # 7 has been listed at least 6 months plus as I’ve seen it first on cars.com or autotrader.

If you are serious about the sale and want to move it, I would suggest you sell the car at a more realistic price, based on the market, rather then arbitrary opinions of a few ppl. There are plenty of resources out there to help you determine the value of your car. Take a look at the classifieds here, KBB, cars.com, autotrader, and ebay. These sites will at least give you a reference point.

I think osugrad97 is in position to give you good advice since he has been researching and studying the market for awhile. Just because he hasn’t picked up an NSX after 9 months, doesn’t necessarily mean that he is “looking for the perfect NSX but not willing to pay for your perfect NSX.” On a personal note, I have also been looking for several months, but would rather sell one of my cars first before I picked up an NSX. However, that doesn’t mean I would hesitate in buying an NSX today if the “perfect” one came along as far as the color/condition/mileage/etc. is concerned. On the other hand, if I do sell the car listed in my sig, then I would be more willing to purchase something more of a "compromise" or 2nd/
3rd choice color, as my patience would be tested. :)

ROC

Why are you sell the x.

Brian

ROC

Why are you sell the x.

Brian

Hey Brian! Honestly, I was longing for a little something I've had my eye on since the 2006 Chicago Auto Show. I just purchased a 2008 Aston Martin Vantage that I'll be taking delivery on next week. I've loved the NSX for a very long time and worked hard to finally own one, and although I thought I'd own the NSX forever, I'm ready for a change.

As for selling the NSX, it's gone. Last Fall a salesman at Lamborghini Chicago (who happened to know my family by coincidence!) offered to buy it. I was contemplating a Gallardo at the time. So I gave him a call and he made me an offer. Now he sends my Aston dealer a check for our agreed amount, I get that as a trade-in value and he takes the car! You can even do this with a private buyer. Never knew they could do that! It was a bit of a hit relatively speaking, but since I bought the NSX for $13K under retail in '05, and with the sales tax savings I was not too far off from what I paid for it 2 1/2 yrs. ago. And that's that.

I have to say, the hardest part was trying to cope with not having the NSX anymore. I was too afraid I would regret giving it up. But after seeing the NSX parked last Saturday among Ferraris, Maseratis and Astons - and driving the Aston, I'm 100% sure that I will not regret it - BUT I WILL MISS IT.

Back