• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what's the weather like around Boston this time of the year?

In Boston, per the NOAA:

Average high in February: 38.7 degrees F
Average low in February: 24.2 degrees F
Record high in February: 70 degrees F
Record low in February: -4 degrees F
Average snowfall in February: 11.9 inches

There really isn't much in Lexington. If this is for a vacation, why would you want to go to Lexington? If you want a nice place to visit during the cold either stay closer to Boston than Lexington, or if you want to go small town feel, I would suggest Burlington, VT. Burlington is a great city with stuff to do, as well as having skiiing close by. I'm bias though... anyone else???

THE4TH said:
There really isn't much in Lexington. If this is for a vacation, why would you want to go to Lexington? If you want a nice place to visit during the cold either stay closer to Boston than Lexington, or if you want to go small town feel, I would suggest Burlington, VT. Burlington is a great city with stuff to do, as well as having skiiing close by. I'm bias though... anyone else???
well, let's call it a "paid" working vacation. ;)

or a reverse "snowbird" vacation.

Someone feels that since I'm enjoying the lovely weather in LA, San Diego, and AZ all the time, that it's time for me to pay the piper.

I don't mind. It'll make me appreciate being back in the Southwest that much more once I have gone through the suffering. :D

I guess I'm weird like the reverse snowbird

I grew up in the Boston area and used to vacation in San Diego. Now I live in San Diego and vacation there. I like the cold. I'm glad I had the four season experience as a kid. As much as I love socal I don't think I'll be purchasing property and staying for the long haul. Half because it's too expensive and half because the rest of my family is still on the east coast. But if you do end up in Lexington be sure to check out the green to see where revolutionary war started. History can be cool sometimes.
Linkage : Lexington To Do

In case you've never been... try the Freedom Trail.

I've been on it a few times, but never in winter. It's more of a self-tour, but there are tour guides and such. But again, not sure if they would run in winter.

Enjoy :smile:

Even if it does snow, I'm sure you can imagine that there are a number of Irish bars you can warm up in :wink:

Back