• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's up UK

The UK guys have their own website, as the German speaking guys too. :wink:

Well at least there are two of you alive in the UK forum... i thought it was too good to be true - no poms on the prime. :D joking, joking! :D :D

That's the problem of Europe, different languages, different websites. It's much easier in Canada, the US or Australia with basically one language.

Judging by the stats, no-one ever looks at this section anyway....they're too busy choosing chrome wheels and obsessing about swirl marks;-)

Cheers,

James.

Its true the UK site is mainly for organising tea parties between exisiting members...take a look at the welcome foreigners get like new member Thunder....but its just the British way I guess! One or two members are exceptionally helpful with data and feedback but sadly many others use the site as an extension of their personal diary or an alternative to SMS text messaging.

I think the welcome new member get depends on how they treat existing members. But that's true anywhere; If you purposely piss people off you're bound to encounter problems, especially when you're new because nobody knows where you're coming from or whether you're joking or not.
The UK community is pretty good, with occassional exceptions but that's normally after work posting which isn't always a good idea.
the only thing that frustrates me about the UK site is the lack of NSX meetings in my area, but that's hardly surprising when most of the owners live in the southeast.
If I was going to bitch it would be about new members slagging off targas and autos or trying to find a black car or a type R, or existing members obsessing about their NSX model collection or debating the pros and cons of sodding test pipes!;-) However none of these truly bother me.

Cheers,

James.

I think the welcome new member get depends on how they treat existing members. But that's true anywhere; If you purposely piss people off you're bound to encounter problems, especially when you're new because nobody knows where you're coming from or whether you're joking or not.
The UK community is pretty good, with occassional exceptions but that's normally after work posting which isn't always a good idea.
the only thing that frustrates me about the UK site is the lack of NSX meetings in my area, but that's hardly surprising when most of the owners live in the southeast.
If I was going to bitch it would be about new members slagging off targas and autos or trying to find a black car or a type R, or existing members obsessing about their NSX model collection or debating the pros and cons of sodding test pipes!;-) However none of these truly bother me.

Cheers,

James.

You left out the how can I make my NSX faster threads, who can give me a ride in their NSX and the why so much money for a 3.0 NSX!

Back