• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's your daily driver?

My 2023 Model Y has really terrific build quality. I couldn't find anything to complain about - better than my 2018 Model S and the CRV that it replaced. Personally I think that the more automated the factories become the better the cars become. The parts problem is real and needs to be addressed. Tesla is so focused on pushing cars out the factory doors that sometimes the current owners don't feel the love - that won't work in the long run. Buttons seem so 20th century now that we are all so screen-centric and the OTA updates of the functions ( basically everything ) controlled by the screen have made my Model S a much better car than when I bought it.

Last edited:
My current Daily is a leased 2022 Kia Niro EV and it just turned 30k miles. I didn't know if I will like the EV platform thus I lease it to try out, and so far I love the EV platform.

My lease ends Sep 2023 and buy out price is $23.5. I was going to buy it but the new tesla 3 price is making me think twice because tesla does have better autopilot. Also, this might be a con for some, but I like that I can drive it under the radar here in California, because almost every other car is a while tesla. You can blend in so easily.

Glad you like your car, but I'm not buying that it has better build quality than a CRV, even though they probably aren't screwed together the way they used to be unfortunately.

Glad you like your car, but I'm not buying that it has better build quality than a CRV, even though they probably aren't screwed together the way they used to be unfortunately.
I owned them both so that is a sample of 2 but the Tesla fit and finish is better - as far as the mechanical package time will tell but the Model S has been bullet proof so far. For what it’s worth it’s an Austin build and the CRV was a Japan build.

I might have gone for the base 3 if they had the full 7.5k tax incentive when i purchased my daily. Very economical and fast for its price. Insurance was slightly higher than of a $28k car. But, build quality, potential lack of parts/mechanics after an accident, and lack of buttons are what concerned me. Still, very competitive now as a commuting car option for many people.
I'm waiting to see what the battery chemistry does in later cars (hopefully lighter batteries?), but the cars now are quite good if you ignore the build quality. I need one with better ground clearance to get up my driveway, as I can't park in the street in the winter. Otherwise I may have done an EV for this car. The trucks are too big, so we'll see if someone does a car about the size of the CRV with the same clearance...

I'm waiting to see what the battery chemistry does in later cars (hopefully lighter batteries?), but the cars now are quite good if you ignore the build quality. I need one with better ground clearance to get up my driveway, as I can't park in the street in the winter. Otherwise I may have done an EV for this car. The trucks are too big, so we'll see if someone does a car about the size of the CRV with the same clearance...

I think the next prologue or something is supposed to be EV and CrV size, but is a CUV though..

I might have gone for the base 3 if they had the full 7.5k tax incentive when i purchased my daily. Very economical and fast for its price. Insurance was slightly higher than of a $28k car. But, build quality, potential lack of parts/mechanics after an accident, and lack of buttons are what concerned me. Still, very competitive now as a commuting car option for many people.
Yeah Im still waiting for something similar to come out that doesn't have the minimalist feel of the Tesla. Even the VW EVs still have all the gloss black haptic stuff. I'll likely end up in an Ionic 5 sometime next year if they still have good reviews by then.

I think the next prologue or something is supposed to be EV and CrV size, but is a CUV though..
I think that's more Pilot sized. Its a joint venture with GM and I think they are badging it as a Blazer or Equinox?

Edit: I forgot how big the CRV is now, actually I think it's in that category.

I think a Prolouge might be in Mrs. Honcho's future. We have recently been enamored with Ford, but the Explorer EV is taking forever...

Both the Honda and Acura EVs will utilize the GM Ultium drivetrains and presumably management systems. The battery system, motor and charging system is modular from what I’ve read, 2 wheel/ r wheel; 100 kWh capacity, etc.
I saw the Lyric, a little smaller than my wife’s QX-60, but a nice looking ride.
The future is EV.

I think that's more Pilot sized. Its a joint venture with GM and I think they are badging it as a Blazer or Equinox?

Edit: I forgot how big the CRV is now, actually I think it's in that category.
Hopefully that will turn out better than the Honda Passport. Some buyers were less than delighted to discover that they had just bought an Isuzu with a Peugeot transmission. The General's Ultium battery with pouch cells worries me.

Hopefully that will turn out better than the Honda Passport. Some buyers were less than delighted to discover that they had just bought an Isuzu with a Peugeot transmission. The General's Ultium battery with pouch cells worries me.
Same. GM doing the EV tech portion of Honda's first EV offering isn't what I was hoping for, but even with the China-only models they are rolling out they are both joint ventures with in-country companies.

Honda and Toyota both dragged their feet with full EVs and I think the only way they can get to market now is with joint ventures, which kinda sucks.

Starting Saturday when I get it out of storage my daily will be this
Camaro New Milford.jpg
Squantz Pond original.jpg
1969 Camaro Super Sport. It's missing the side markers as the restorer wanted to keep the fenders clean, and in the old days you didn't want folks to know what you were running if it was for $$. Car is running a 1970 LT1 350 motor with lots of good stuff (Edelbrock intake and carb, high flow 2" exhaust, Champion 4 core radiator, high flow water pump, hand wound 100 AMP alternator, MSD ignition, turbo 350 trans rebuilt last year, etc). Currently getting about 400 HP at the crank and about 350 to the tires. It's a beast and sounds like 70s NASCAR. It also matches my NSX so good stuff :cool:

'69 makes a noise

Last edited:
for daily driver i have 5 options

FORD F250 2006 KING RANCH 6.0 DIESEL
BMW X3 2006 3.0
VOLVO S40 R DESING 2010 T5
JDM MITSUBHISI EVOLUTION 3 1995 AWD TURBO
JDM SUBARU LEGACY GTB 1996 AWD TURBO

and i miss my nsx 1991 i hope buy another one in the future

Attachments

• IMG_9295.JPG
    IMG_9295.JPG