• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's your daily driver?

My old daily was a 2005 tsx with full euro r kit, genesis brembo's and revel(tanabe) coilovers.
sold that and picked up a GLC63 - love the v8 with twin turbo's

I've been on the EV daily driver since 2013. I'm currently waiting on the upgrade plan for the big pen1s to Mars

230413112851-spacex-starship-launchpad-file.jpg

For those of you who daily your NSX, I'm envious of you. The car is as much a car as it is an investment, so I can't daily it into the city for work or use it as a family hauler (for obvious reasons). For those of you whose NSX is not their main car, what is your daily driver?

I am looking for ideas and am in the market for a daily.
I drive a 22 TLX Type S in blue. All in all, a very nice DD.

I've been on the EV daily driver since 2013. I'm currently waiting on the upgrade plan for the big pen1s to Mars

230413112851-spacex-starship-launchpad-file.jpg
Ha that looks like a very large Honcho MCS damper setup..

Just picked up a new daily. 2007 Civic Si

I've always loved the look of this car, and have completely fallen in love with it over this first week of ownership. My wife and I rented a 2023 Accord and drove from WI to Cali to pick it up and this 2007 Civic Si is as quiet on the freeway as the Accord was. The interior has a similar dash forward design as the NSX and the seats are great. K20Z3 is 180/130 to the wheels roughly and although i/h/e + tune will get you a dyno of 210/150 I'm planning on keeping it stock. Stock mechanical LSD and really short gearing. If you keep it in vtec it feels really quick. It's got some sun fade, and I'll be putting on Eibach pro kit/Koni yellows, but otherwise solid.

Redline is 8300 and it pulls all the way there happily. Wish I had gotten one earlier.

signal-2023-06-01-145956_011.jpegsignal-2023-06-01-145956_021.jpeg

OP here. Awesome seeing all of your daily drivers! I finally pulled the trigger on a daily. I got the cheapest new car with a manual that I was willing to drive. 43 MPG highway. My first VW, so we'll see how reliable it is!

20230516_075939.jpg

First thing I did was add a small lip.

20230518_163135.jpg

My Allroad Transmission went at 298k miles. 190k of them with the 2.7TT turned up to 11. So it was time for an upgrade. Got a killer deal on this Q5 like it meant to be.

Attachments

• IMG_3176.jpeg
    IMG_3176.jpeg
    476.1 KB · Views: 7
None of my cars is under the age of 30! But I LOVE them all …lol
Golden-Bird-1.png

Golden-Bird-2.png

The one on the left is my daily driver car for summertime, the one on right for wintertime. The NSX is just for the weekends & free time in summer.
The winged ‘89 MK3 model Ford Fiesta (“Golden Bird”) is an artwork & monument in Cologne, Germany, created by German artist HA Schult in 1991 …
https://www.cologne-tourism.com/see-experience/poi/winged-car/

Golden-Bird-3.png

Oh, I can confirm the marked part! Lol …

2017 Honda civic! amazing how far these "basic" sedans have come. Does everything so well and makes me wonder why one would need anymore of a car for daily driver duties..

now that tesla Model 3 dropped to $37k, I am thinking about one now. With $7500 Federal + $2500 credit, it brings the cost to to less than $30k, please convince me otherwise.
It's a laptop on wheels. Don't do it!

For those of you who daily your NSX, I'm envious of you. The car is as much a car as it is an investment, so I can't daily it into the city for work or use it as a family hauler (for obvious reasons). For those of you whose NSX is not their main car, what is your daily driver?

I am looking for ideas and am in the market for a daily.
Really Bad weather... Toyota Tacoma
Bad weather... Subaru Crosstrek
so so weather (no snow)... NC1 NSX
Sunny weather... S2000
Really great weather, when the NC1 isn't available... NA1 NSX

now that tesla Model 3 dropped to $37k, I am thinking about one now. With $7500 Federal + $2500 credit, it brings the cost to to less than $30k, please convince me otherwise.
I have a Model S and a Model Y. I’m keeping the NSX because it is too good not to keep but for daily driving I have no more interest in all the noise, vibration, endless gear shifting, maintenance, etc of ICE cars. It’s easy to rent a Tesla for a few days now so you can do that and see if it’s for you.

What can I say, I'm into Hondas (this is my 5th). Got this one used last year with 7K miles on it. Bought certified used with a 120K warranty, so didn't suffer the instant depreciation of a new car, and I prefer these wheels to the new ones anyway :)
2019-Honda-CR-V.jpg

I have a couple friends who have all flavors of them and they have convinced me that our next daily will be EV. Power seems effortless, super quiet driving, leaving each day with a full tank of gas, basically no maintenance besides tires. It's really hard to say no, especially if you have a fun car on the side.

I might have gone for the base 3 if they had the full 7.5k tax incentive when i purchased my daily. Very economical and fast for its price. Insurance was slightly higher than of a $28k car. But, build quality, potential lack of parts/mechanics after an accident, and lack of buttons are what concerned me. Still, very competitive now as a commuting car option for many people.

Back