• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

where $$$ coming from

We rob banks. The NSX makes a great getaway vehicle. :)

Actually, I am fortunate enough to work in the software business, and rounded up the money to buy a 1991 model last year through gains in my employer's stock that I purchase through work. Routine maintenance on the NSX isn't much more than any other Honda, except tires. And it drinks a bit more gas.

EDR
91 Black/Ivory #3012

ley
Originally posted by eyedrj:
Just wondering where all of you are getting the vast amount of $$$ required to purchase and upkeep the beautiful NSX.

Work for an investment bank. About the only job outside of the software industry or owning your own company that someone in the mid to early twenties is going to be able to afford one of these beauties easily.

Brian Bailey
97 BMW 328iS - work
91 NSX - play
87 Porsche 944 Turbo - racecar

It's very easy. Go to school, get a good education, and start to earn a modest income. Within a few years you'll be able to buy a nice car. That's exactly how I bought my '94 NSX.

Hmmm...this type of thread has surfaced a lot over the past few months.

I'll just say that my $$$ comes from playin-er-making video games
wink.gif

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Right now i'm doing UNIX administration.. i LOVE it... but my true love is computer graphics and 3d animation...

akira3d, watch out for my video game... we're due to get funding within a few months and start production of our badass game... just you guys wait... its history in the making
wink.gif
our mod for UT is what we've done so far... this is what we've done with the UnrealTournament engine without having the source code (a license for the engine has a $500k price tag): http://www.planetunreal.com/teamorbit

So as soon as I strike it rich with this game, i'll buy a new NSX - I'll just have to settle for my good ol' black on black 91
smile.gif

Later guyz -Electro

[This message has been edited by Electro (edited 12 February 2001).]

Hey Electro, when you get a shiny new one I have something to keep in mind. This goes for all the rest of you too. I have started a new "business". I will come to you, and pick up and dispose of any unwanted, running, working NSX's, regardless of modifications and upgrades. No NSX too new or old, Just call good ol Dave.
smile.gif

Back