where to buy bbs LM outer lips? anyone know?

i have the option of purchasing some bbs lm's for a very low amount. they are 18x7.5 with a 45offset front and back. what i plan on doing is purchasing rear outer lips to make them.. thats if anyone can tell me where to find them

Forget it.
BBS only replaced them by themselfs, they are not for sale.
AFAIK BBS went out of business, dont know what happened to it.
There has been more people with this issue (including moi), and the final solution was taking the rims apart, ditch the old lip, then polish whats under the lip.
One member did it, and it came out pretty well. Maybe you find the thread here with the search.

Did a quick search... here it is:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74385&highlight=rsii+polish

Last edited:
I have a modified 58 Porsche Speedster (in addition to the NSX) that has 3 piece BBS from the mid 1980's that had bent lips and many frozen allen-wrench nuts/lugs (connecting the centers to the outer halves). I went in circles until someone put me in touch with BBS's racing division at or near Road Atlanta. I emailed them the designation on the wheel and they said this model wheel is "guaranteed for life" and so I sent them out to be taken apart and the lips/halves replaced. This was a few years ago but may be worth a try,

actually, the reason i needed new outer lips was because i wanted to widen the lm's i currently have. I found out that the bbs lm's are a 2 piece design and is impossible to widen just the outer lip. I would have to get a whole new barrel

I briefly recall reading about a European company that would take BBS LM's and modify the lips to give them way more aggresive offsets. I don't remember the company name, though.

Check on some Beemer or Benz forums. I'm sure they would know what I'm talking about.

Good luck.

actually, the reason i needed new outer lips was because i wanted to widen the lm's i currently have. I found out that the bbs lm's are a 2 piece design and is impossible to widen just the outer lip. I would have to get a whole new barrel
Yeah, i was trying to do the exact same thing, ans they told me the same thing.

I briefly recall reading about a European company that would take BBS LM's and modify the lips to give them way more aggresive offsets. I don't remember the company name, though.

Check on some Beemer or Benz forums. I'm sure they would know what I'm talking about.

Good luck.

the wheels that they were speaking of are the bbs RS. not the lm..

the rs wheels are 3 piece whereas the lm's are a 2 piece config. it is almost impossible to widen an lm. you would have to CUT around the outer lip and then weld in an extension piece.. far better off purchasing them new..

basically, if the bbs arent staggered to begin with, good luck trying to make them staggered.

the wheels that they were speaking of are the bbs RS. not the lm..

the rs wheels are 3 piece whereas the lm's are a 2 piece config. it is almost impossible to widen an lm. you would have to CUT around the outer lip and then weld in an extension piece.. far better off purchasing them new..

basically, if the bbs arent staggered to begin with, good luck trying to make them staggered.
Well I don't know, but in this thread they are talking about Inden Design "extreme offset" BBS LM's.
http://mymbonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5111&highlight=inden+design+bbs

Last edited:
Back