• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to sell my NSX

Since I am selling my X, I am looking for good locations to post it. I currently have it listed on ebay and on here. I also plan to post it on autotrader.com. Any other ideas?

I need to sell it soon so I don't change my mind.:(

cars.com also. The overlap between autotrader and cars.com traffic is very small, so you are getting a lot more audience exposure using both.

Sounds fair

I remember a few years ago you couldn't touch a nice NSX under 30K

Now their values have plummeted! Unfortunately there are an abundance of NSX's for that price.

Hate to say it but you might have to drop the price if you want it to go away fast!

Don't feel to bad, I have over $38K in my car and I doubt in this market I could over 25K

Best of luck!

A quick search on cars.com shows only 5 91-92's available within 500 miles of Chicago with an average asking price of $30,700. One is an automatic (yuk) and one has high mileage. When I was looking for my car, I had a hell of a time finding the right one. I would think if your car is clean you should have no problem selling it for only $26,500. Be patient.

nsxexotic said:
is ur car in snap ring range and has the clutch been replaced?

It is in snap ring range, however it is running fine. I only have service records back to 1997. So I don't know if anything was done before then.

I also don't know if the clutch was replaced before 97 or not. It engages nicely so I believe there is a good amount of life left.

Snap Ring

You should contact your locale Acura dealer. They can check and see if had been fixed on the alert and re-call list.

Snap ring failure

There were only a select number of NSX built with bad snap rings. Not all of 5 speeds have that issue.

Re: Snap Ring

vintagecarman said:
You should contact your locale Acura dealer. They can check and see if had been fixed on the alert and re-call list.

Say it wasn't fixed...would acura goodwill the repair?

I'll have to call on Monday to find out if it was done or not.

Sorry!

If I can remember, they were for the NSX's that had under 60K or with in five years.

Your pretty much on your own at this point however, all the NSX's owners who's cars in the range had been notified. There is a good chance that your was repaired. If not, It would be a good idea to get it fixed.

If it breaks while your driving it will cause major problems and will be very expensive.

Check out the thread

Need Help: Transmission issues. It’s about half way down the page

Well, actually it didn't sell on ebay. However, it is sold pending bank transfer later today. :(

A dealer in Tempe, AZ wants it (Elite Automotive Group)

When I called Acura on Tuesday about the snap ring, they told me that it was not fixed and if it was going to happen it would have done it by now.

Just for my knowledge I asked the guy about their policy regarding fixing something like this via "good will" and he just laughed at me over the phone. Boy that irritated me to no end!!:mad:

I don't quite understand why some people have such a problem with the snap ring thing. I bought a car in snap ring range and didn't think twice about it. The chances of it going now if it hasn't in the last ten years are slim. If it does, big deal, get it fixed. Its only $1,000 or so job and not like its a cosmetic problem that can't be fixed. Its difficult to find one of these cars in perfect condition given the fact that they are 12 years old. I think the overall condition of the car is much, much more important than the remote risk a snap ring may fail.

kenallwine said:
Just for my knowledge I asked the guy about their policy regarding fixing something like this via "good will" and he just laughed at me over the phone. Boy that irritated me to no end!!:mad:
Car dealers are a scream.

A newspaper ad for an Acura dealer said that they gave price quotes over the phone. I called for a quote once, the guy asked me my name, I told him; he laughed and said "that sounds like a name another dealer would make up when they're calling me to see what my prices are!"

Another (non-Acura) dealer once told me I shouldn't care much about what price I paid for the car he was trying to sell me, because I what I did for a living (software engineering) paid well.

We could have a nice thread about fun experiences people have had with dealers.

kenallwine said:
Well, actually it didn't sell on ebay. However, it is sold pending bank transfer later today. :(

A dealer in Tempe, AZ wants it (Elite Automotive Group)

When I called Acura on Tuesday about the snap ring, they told me that it was not fixed and if it was going to happen it would have done it by now.

I would laugh right back at him since Acura goodwilled me a brand new $8,300 trannie due to snap ring less than 9 months ago.!

Sounds like someone got a good deal on your car.

:( Well....the car is sold. I just got the bank transfer and made the final payment on the car.:(

It will be leaving PA on its way to AZ next week. I'll miss her....

I hope to get another one in a few year though!!:)

I'm in the processing of selling and I paid $40 for a listing on cars.com and $75 for 4 weeks in Luxury Trader (same company as auto trader, but all the cars are priced at $10k or above and tend to be European). So far, I've only had about 6 calls and everyone says the same thing 'Is the price negotiable?' They don't even ask about the car first... they go straight to the haggling, which seems silly. Wouldn't you want to know about the car first before you get into the wheeling and dealing?

ISONSX said:
I would laugh right back at him since Acura goodwilled me a brand new $8,300 trannie due to snap ring less than 9 months ago.!

Sounds like someone got a good deal on your car.

Then you should feel EXTREMELY lucky. I got nowhere two years ago. I went round and round, contacted supervisors, etc. With a car of this age, the manufacturer feels they should be off the hook. Once you get it fixed, no future worries.

I remember a few years ago you couldn't touch a nice NSX under 30K

Now their values have plummeted! Unfortunately there are an abundance of NSX's for that price.

Hate to say it but you might have to drop the price if you want it to go away fast!

Don't feel to bad, I have over $38K in my car and I doubt in this market I could over 25K

Plemmeted, I think not. I have seen the values go down a little, but not that much. If you can't sell your car for 26000 with a little patience, then there is something wrong with the car. Well maintained vehicles (mechanically and cosmetically) still bring in the 30's.

Back