• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which Gentex mirror?

I want to add temp/compass to my NSX. Maybe even the map lights.

I'm confused - which Gentex mirror is the one to buy? I see two with these features on the GENK30 and the GENK31. They seem to differ in the wiring harness.

Also - the listings I found said these mirrors are not compatible with Acura at all. Is compatibility just related to use of the factory mounting?

It looks like either should work. This link says the difference is the wire harness. Honestly, for an NSX-T I would choose the smaller harness. The thicker gauge wires are overkill IMO. It's just LEDs, temp, and a small display.

I'd imagine the incompatibility issue being because of the button. It's not rocket science to wire these up and I'm sure they don't plug and play into other cars.

The mount is the only thing that makes this a little work. You need to adapt the original Honda "button" mount or remove it, very gently!! and then glue on the supplied mount.
I bought the one that has the Homelink option built into it along with all the other features and it is one of the best mods i have ever done.

Back