• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which side skirt would you choose if you had my NSX?

Can we get pix of all the skirts people are talking about? Some of us noobs would appreciate it. :biggrin:

GT-One FTW!

87.jpg

88.jpg

http://gt-rom.net/

The only thing I don't like about Stacy's is the bulge where the skirt meets the body (underneath the stock intake vent). It messes up the line around the fender.

The best sideskirt IMHO is the one-of-a-kind K3000 skirt on Hong_NSX's car. It is by far the cleanest and matches the NSX lines to the T.
dsc06958.jpg

hhr18.jpg

4786933101_6cb2905e26.jpg

4703823.dd261651.jpg

I agree I wish someone would recreate these side skirts....Hong probably likes it that way though...:biggrin:

+1

i think that stacy's looks great if you are sporting large aggressive wheels but sometimes i feel that they can make the nsx look a tad too ferrari testarosa'ish.

gt-one == oem 02+ look and shape but with a smaller more mild vent with no bulge. they dont seem to be too popular from what i see on the forums.

all in all caroline-nsx you cant go wrong. your car is clean + tasteful and whether you go oem 02+, stacy's, or gt-one; all will be a modern upgrade over the 1991 side skirts and will compliment your ride nicely.

you still need to take that front on shot of the car showing off the DF wide fenders :)

(im asking since i am HEAVILY considering buying a set. hehe)

Last edited:
keep it as is but mount your tweeters or heck some subs just in front of the rear wheel well ......:wink:

I have also seriously been considering the Downforce 02+ skirts and 3M tape on door inserts.

for those of you who have done this, how has the fitment of the DF 02+ been? Does the stick on door inserts look "stuck on" or do they fit well?

Also, were they primed upon arrival, or do they need some sanding, prepping, priming before painting?

I also like the Hong and GT 1...I'm not a huge fan of the big vents, as I want to keep things fairly subtle....just slightly more aggressive in stance....are these styles still available? if so, where?

Thanks

PS- sorry guys, just saw the SOS link for pricing....still curious about fitment and prepping needed

Last edited:
im pretty sure they can fit/look perfect. i think gil is one of many primers here sporting the DF oem 02+ replicas.

20120311_193830.jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124252&page=14

I have also seriously been considering the Downforce 02+ skirts and 3M tape on door inserts.

for those of you who have done this, how has the fitment of the DF 02+ been? Does the stick on door inserts look "stuck on" or do they fit well?

Also, were they primed upon arrival, or do they need some sanding, prepping, priming before painting?

I also like the Hong and GT 1...I'm not a huge fan of the big vents, as I want to keep things fairly subtle....just slightly more aggressive in stance....are these styles still available? if so, where?

Thanks

Thanks

PS- sorry guys, just saw the SOS link for pricing....still curious about fitment and prepping needed

02+ OEM Downforce Side skirts will need to be prepped completely IE: Sanding, Priming, and corrections to fitment.

-WIll need to correct minor imperfections from mold release

-ensure mounting OEM tabs fit over rear of Sideskirt tabs. Dremel becomes useful.

-The gap between the door frame and the skirt is annoying. I will have to dismount the skirts this month and re-section this flush to the body. The middle portion of the Jam area is covered by your Door Sill but leaves the gap exposed on the front towards your fender and the rear about 5 inches from your quarter panel jam. This is not visible from when the door is closed. MVW posted a picture of the car right after tab correction, flushness and gap improvement. You will notice the blue tape I had to use. I also included 1/4 weather door stripping to prevent unwanted scratches on my beautiful awesome stupendous paint. :wink: while bolting them to the OEM locations with the wheel well liners.

-door caps, you will need to test fit the caps for evenness against the door and correct imperfections. They will be minor since this part is largely glass with a few layers of FRP matting. Easy to work with.

-Door cap tape comes with the side skirts in a larger roll more than you need for later corrections. Pretty much a straight forward application.

Downforce stacy side skirts:

-These will need to be fitted the same manner as the 02+ downforce.

-Correction of the gapping will have to come by way of re-sectioning-glassing and applying proper ounce weight matting.

-Door jam gapping was about 1/4 inch showing the inner OEM tabs which if this bothers you requires you to section this portion again exposing as the same mentioned above.

If you are looking for perfection without having to go through the above I would of course recommend OEM. I wish I had purchased MikeC in the for sale section. He is offering a few hundred off. Thank me later Chelu' (Mike knows)

:smile:

oem honda 02+ with door plates

Will need to confirm on the door caps if they have tabs sticking out as the newer style has manufactured little squares in the doors. I know they are in the fenders as I have updated fenders on my car and it shows these as pre 02 does not.

I vote OEM side for Caroline nsx only because the factory front lip isnt aggressive enough to run the stacey's side skirts. if you plan on changing the front lip to something more aggressive then i would vote for the stacey's sides.

The ideal for the front lip is the Wing West, it fits very well with Stacy's skirts :smile:

If we could get someone to make these:eek:. I'd be in for sure, best looking skirt I have seen.

I am going to say in my opinion they are simple (maybe a bit much) and a little boxy.

It fits well on his ride due to the other mods done to the exterior but may not look so bright on a car without those mods only wanting the skirts.

+1!

i am going to say in my opinion they are simple (maybe a bit much) and a little boxy.

It fits well on his ride due to the other mods done to the exterior but may not look so bright on a car without those mods only wanting the skirts.

interesting offerings...

I've always liked the Gruppe-M side-skirts, which would pair well w/ an after-market front-lip & '02+ rear-valance w/ NSX-R diffuser. I believe Erebuni & VIS (among others) offer replicas of this side-skirt design.

Otherwise, the Sorcery side-skirt caps are also rather neat looking w/o being too tuner'ish. But, of-course paired w/ the aforementioned bits (after-market front lip + updated valance & diffuser).

And then, there's Custom Vented OEM side skirts which are also rather appealing, understated yet different for the purists.

1) OEM 02+ with door sills???

2) DF Stacey side skirts with door sills???

3) OR keep it the way it is???

I am having a hard time deciding if i should just keep it the way it is or upgrade my side skirts to an aftermarket ones.

What would you do if you own this NSX?

Do you want the car to be fast or look fast?

Why add the weight? Leave it stock....

Back