• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Which springs should I get to lower my NSX?

I have the Eibachs with stock shocks. They lowered the car about an inch (looks much better IMO) and the ride is just as soft if not softer.
Did this in conjunction with RM sway bars and love it.

You can also wait around for deals. I paid $150 for the springs and $100 for the bars.
Do the bars during the spring install and save money that way as well. Since everything is apart for the spring install, I wasn't charged for swapping out the bars.

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 15 August 2001).]

I have Eibach springs, Koni shocks, and the Dali Street Bars. I absolutely love them!! The car went down an inch in the front, and a half inch in the rear. I had H&R springs in my Integra GS-R, and they were okay for that car, but it really went down a little more than I would have preferred. (Probably more than 2 inches.)

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Oh, and here's a pic:

nsx_zr11.jpg

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

The NSX really looks a lot better, IMHO, when it gets lowered at least 1" in the front and rears. I've seen up to 3" (which I didn't really like), so I'd say the 1"-1.5" drop is the best looking.

From what most people have been saying on the forums, the Eibach's are the way to go...the H&R's are too stiff right?

The H&Rs are stiffer. I wouldn't say too stiff, but it depends on your taste. Compared to some coilovers it's like a waterbed!
biggrin.gif

Sam purchased HKS coilovers and he had to get some type of special Eibachs made for them after 2 weeks. He said it felt like his car was about to fall apart on the freeway it was so harsh.

Kevin,
good movie last night and the guys were cool. enjoy the video and keep me updated.

Do you guys have the specs to have the car re-aligned? I take it that a re-alignment is needed after lowering the car. I will be using the car for street driving only.

TIA

The options were cover pretty well in this forum about two months ago. I encourage you to seek out those threads before you decide.

But in short, what is your motivation for the change? The H&R is definitely not too stiff if combined with the correct shock, but will "pogo" with stock or Bilsteins. I know, I tried it recently. If your shocks are stock and old, you may even experience that with Eibachs over large bumps. Some (including me) feel that progressive rate springs (such as Eibachs) are a compromise. Very soft at first to reduce harshness but at the expense of crisper flatter turn-in. But in your case, probably a good choice.

Alignment is an important issue. Anything more than about 7/8 inch drop keeps you from returning to stock settings for rear camber, which increases tire wear.

This past week end I was at an NSX club rally with 20 NSX's. Two cars had H&R and three had Eibach's and I noticed that the Eibach cars, including mine (picture below) looked lower in the front and higher in the rear. The H&R cars looked level. Has anyone else noticed this?

nsx03.jpg

Originally posted by dswartz:
This past week end I was at an NSX club rally with 20 NSX's. Two cars had H&R and three had Eibach's and I noticed that the Eibach cars, including mine (picture below) looked lower in the front and higher in the rear. The H&R cars looked level. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes! It's the only thing I don't like about my H&R springs. They are at best dead level with equal tread front/rear (which doesn't last long!). I'm considering small spacer rings to raise the rear spring perch about 1/4 inch, for aerodynamic reasons more than esthetics. But, if I'm going to pull them off (again), I may just go to a full set of adjustable coil-overs instead. Want some like-new H&R + Konis?

Back