• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Which wheel do you like for my 05 NSX?

Which Wheel for my 2005 Red NSX in 18" and 19"?

• Total voters
I am thinking about putting new wheels on my Red 2005 NSX.

I am going with 18" and 19" tires.

Let me know which wheel you think would look best!

Please click on each photo so they are enlarged. It is difficult to get a good look at either wheel without enlarging the photo!

Your comments would be greatly appreciated as well! Do you like either wheel for my NSX?

Thanks!

Attachments

• TSW Nurburgring Wheel.jpg
    TSW Nurburgring Wheel.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 166
  • TSW Vortex Wheel.jpg
    TSW Vortex Wheel.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
neither.

advan rs.

RS-wheel-on-Red.jpg

sorry but not feeling about your two wheel choices either. they look too "old- style" for my taste. if i have to pick one, the left will be it.

the HRE 5-spoke shallow concave wheel couple thread below looks sweet.

Isn't the wheel on the right similar to the ones that came with your (Yojack's) car? I think they look good, but if you want to change, I prefer the one on the left.

Last edited:
Yes they are close but not the same.

+1. wheels looking too old school/earlier generation wheels. they would look great in the volk av3, racing hart c2/m5 fast and furious era of late 90s early 2000s.

if i had to choose, left wheel setup but like others i feel its not nsx calibre. imho of course.

sorry but not feeling about your two wheel choices either. they look too "old- style" for my taste. if i have to pick one, the left will be it.

the HRE 5-spoke shallow concave wheel couple thread below looks sweet.

Here's the TSW Nurburgring on the NSX.
It's very lightweight and pretty inexpensive. However because they don't offer a concave rear face, I think the wheel looks a little funny on the NSX IMHO.

7.jpg

file-32.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a million for the photos! Just wondering as I am not a wheel guy, what do you mean by "concave rear face?" Thanks!

Here's the TSW Nurburgring on the NSX.
It's very lightweight and pretty inexpensive. However because they don't offer a concave rear face, I think the wheel looks a little funny on the NSX IMHO.

7.jpg

file-32.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

I think your choice is easy. You should go with the TSW Vortex (wheel on the right). Another member has this set up on his red car and WOW! I think this in the silver finish is perfect for the NSX. I would put this combo in the top five wheel choices. For a red NSX, I would put this in the top three. They are not the lightest wheels, but also they are not too bad. Please see this picture:

IMG_8555.jpg

GL

Jacob

Just wondering as I am not a wheel guy, what do you mean by "concave rear face?" Thanks!

The concave face is usually more 3 dimensional in that the center part is sunken in (caves inward) and the spokes kind of come out toward the edge.

Here's a more extreme example of my old XXR 522s. Front wheel is sort of flatter looking and the rear wheel is more 3 dimensional.
CIMG0142.jpg

Jacob...you are not going to beleive this but that is my car! I am thinking of selling these wheels and going with the others. I really appreciate you comments!

I love this forum! It is so great to reach out to my friends to learn from their experiences and comments!

Anyone else have suggestions???

I think your choice is easy. You should go with the TSW Vortex (wheel on the right). Another member has this set up on his red car and WOW! I think this in the silver finish is perfect for the NSX. I would put this combo in the top five wheel choices. For a red NSX, I would put this in the top three. They are not the lightest wheels, but also they are not too bad. Please see this picture:

View attachment 85948

GL

Jacob

I suggest to wait for 2002+ replicas in 17/18 combo.

When it comes to NSXs, nothing looks more elegant than oem 02+ wheels.

Hi,

Not liking either for an NSX ... the left would suit a Civic, the right screams Prelude.

You dont mention the colour of your NSX. I ask as I think this is a key consideration when moving away from OEM 02 rims. It impacts on style as well as color of rim. The red of tbnsxt above looks great, and you should should check out Synth19's NIOP.

If you like a clean rim then check out Brylek's stunning Silverstone http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1415487&postcount=26

Good luck and HTH

regards, Paul

Those are some gorgeous wheels! I PM'd Brylek to get info on them. Thanks for the lead!

BTW...my NSX is red.

If you want to stick with the TSW, I like my interlargos a lot. It's one of the cheapest rotating forged wheels. (similar to Enkei's MAT) bascially a spun cast wheel that's slightly lighter yet stronger than traditional casting.

311873_10150392821534363_509914362_10147164_1051350721_n.jpg

311240_10150392819794363_509914362_10147131_633081372_n.jpg

Last edited:
If you want to stick with the TSW, I like my interlargos a lot. It's one of the cheapest rotating forged wheels. (similar to Enkei's MAT) bascially a spun cast wheel that's slightly lighter yet stronger than traditional forging.

I think you meant "slightly lighter and stronger than traditional casting".

I really like those on your car.
Are they 17x7.5 +45, 18x9.5 +40? I've been going back and forth between these and the Nurburgrings for track wheels.

I think you meant "slightly lighter and stronger than traditional casting".

I really like those on your car.
Are they 17x7.5 +45, 18x9.5 +40? I've been going back and forth between these and the Nurburgrings for track wheels.

mine is 17*8 with 35et. (i have to check, it maybe a 30et) those were specifically ordered and test fitted for my stoptech.

I also had a set of DF front fenders.. again, just to fit the stoptech with my track tire setup. 235/40.

just to give you an idea, i ran 215 with 17*7.5 with 40et. but also ran a 15mm spacer.

Choose what makes you happy, not what necessarily makes the community happy. But since you asked, I voted for the one on the right. And clearly I am in the minority based on the results. :redface::biggrin:

Back