• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who has access to CARFAX?

I'd like to see my CARFAX...

So I bought it to not piss anyone off..

If I read every rule for every forum I go on, I'd have to quit work just to collect all that..

Last edited:
1 owner / 2005/ last odo reading was 92 miles / no accidents:smile:

Re: Was asking about CARFAX= DELETE POST

I'd like to see my CARFAX...

So I bought it to not piss anyone off..

If I read every rule for every forum I go on, I'd have to quit work just to collect all that..

Carfax patrols the forums looking for requests for freebies and will suspend accounts of anyone "doing favors". Posting the vin is the quickest way to cause someone to lose their carfax account.

Carfax patrols the forums looking for requests for freebies and will suspend accounts of anyone "doing favors". Posting the vin is the quickest way to cause someone to lose their carfax account.

really lol that sucks

really lol that sucks

As far as Carfax is concerned, that is "theft of services" and they do search forums to ensure that this does not occur. It is very easy for them to identify carfax account holders who do these "favors" by checking the forums for posted vins and then seeing who runs the reports.

what about autocheck?

if you know about cars, body work and paint you should be able to touch panels and edges and be able to tell if its been painted. No need for a gauge. VERY rarely does someone do a factory spec job where you cant tell at all that its been painted.

if you know about cars, body work and paint you should be able to touch panels and edges and be able to tell if its been painted. No need for a gauge. VERY rarely does someone do a factory spec job where you cant tell at all that its been painted.

You would be surprised. But yes if you know what to look for its easy. People are funny about paintwork I couldn't care less if the job is done right. You can tell if a car has been wrecked bad and put back together if you know what to look for. I have a friend that specializes in repairing bumpers on new cars right in their lot. The truck drivers park them two close so the bumpers get all scuffed up or the test ride people hit things. $100 hear $100 there its back on the lot and you buy it with a clean "Car Fax". Hell I saw one car that was welded together. Front half of one car, rear half of another with a clean "Car Fax" lol it looked good. I spend a lot of time looking at cars and can pick up almost 90% of the time but there are some that do a very good job that the average person would never pick up on.

I love the paint meter especially when Im at the Auction its quick easy and fits in the pocket. I bring my pocket scan tool as well, Its trick and works off the Iphone.

My point is a monkey can use a paint meter and determine if a car has had any paint work. (for the cost of 3 car faxes)

1 owner / 2005/ last odo reading was 92 miles / no accidents:smile:

I did some research on this 2005 NSX, which was originally sold in Spokane Washington and I am told it has been in an accident and title may have been savage. It was like 4 years ago when I was looking for my NSX.

Warm regards,
Dat

Back