• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who have you recruited into the NSX cult?

I thought I had my wife indoctrinated, we were looking for an NSX for her and everything, but she got cold feet and said no.

She likes my NSX, but she's not a True Believer and apparently will never be.

VBnsx got me hooked, and he doesn't even know it!!! I always liked his silver nsx more than my Supra when I had it. Even though the Supra was much quicker, it felt like a big boat and it just didn't have the look and feel that the nsx has...

Solid-X (Keoka) A glance a stall into my garage and he went NSX hunting and bought one.

New recruit next month Cousin Mike, tired of staring at mine, decided to buy one next month.

OG homeboy from HS times, still a bro to me Looking for one seriously (RED)

Doctor up the street from me. Black Ext/Red INT. Sold and regreting.

well for a couple of years the wife made the payments on the car so I could buy something else. she got to drive it whenever she wanted.
she doesn't like driving it much though due to lack of p/s.
she knows I really like them so i don't know if that counts or not.:confused:

Im a failed recruiter. :frown:

One bought a Porsche, other bought a Suzuki SX4 and fixing it up (hes a WRC fan and is getting his ride set up like the WRC Suzuki)

VBnsx got me hooked, and he doesn't even know it!!! I always liked his silver nsx more than my Supra when I had it. Even though the Supra was much quicker, it felt like a big boat and it just didn't have the look and feel that the nsx has...

:biggrin:

wahoo!!! go figure i started getting back into mine all over again.. :)

just don't fall down the slippery slope :tongue:

I must admit, General Motors recruited me into the NSX. After test driving a couple of late 90's Corvettes with very low mileage, they (GM) convinced me to look elsewhere. Glad I checked out Acura! No comparison. The price I paid for my '94 is pretty darn close to the '99 Corvette (very close to the same mileage too), but the similarities end there.

Thank you General Motors for building crap! (at least back then...I know the quality has improved greatly recently).

Looks like I've almost succeeded at getting one of my best friends to pick up an '05 Silverstone from his neighbor. He's working on having Honda extend the $799/mo lease another 2 years. Then when that runs out he'll most likely buy it. We shall see. I had him eye-to-eye with cloth doing 1g on and off ramps in Charlotte the other day. Why do they all scream and look for a silly hand hold? hehehehehe

If it happens I'll let everyone know.

One of my former high school students is now an owner and a member of this site. On slow days I would talk about driving techniques and show track-day videos! :biggrin:

Last year when I organized a Z gathering, I drove my NSX to the meet with three other Prime members. Several of the Z members were very interested in the NSX, and one actually purchased one with in 6 months. Of course they had to get only the best, 2005 model. It's great having their presence on Prime & NSXCA.:tongue:

Last edited:
i had an auto 91 and wanted a 5 speed stick with ctsc. Found a good deal and bought it....My brother is leasing the auto one from me...lol....

A guy I work with has a buddy with a '91 (see picture below). Let's just say EVERYTHING on the car was MacGyvered together by the previous owner. Console was "hand built" with plastic and black silicone, Tein coil-overs were adjusted to stiffest setting and the springs were compressed to lower the car - it rode like a gokart...Stereo was...well wasn't...etc,etc. I had the guy leave it at my house and I spent about a week and $1,500 on parts, CCU repair from BrianK, and it's slowly transforming into what it was originally built for. I've given him this forum for inspiration and how-to. I wouldn't take any money for the help I gave him... (he paid for the parts) I had too much fun. Last week I came home and all my landscaping had been trimmed and detailed!! Now if I could only talk him into changing those wheels!!

DSC00314.jpg

Last edited:
A guy I work with has a buddy with a '91 (see picture below). Let's just say EVERYTHING on the car was MacGyvered together by the previous owner. Console was "hand built" with plastic and black silicone, Tein coil-overs were adjusted to stiffest setting and the springs were compressed to lower the car - it rode like a gokart...Stereo was...well wasn't...etc,etc. I had the guy leave it at my house and I spent about a week and $1,500 on parts, CCU repair from BrianK, and it's slowly transforming into what it was originally built for. I've given him this forum for inspiration and how-to. I wouldn't take any money for the help I gave him...I had too much fun. Last week I came home and all my landscaping had been trimmed and detailed!! Now if I could only talk him into changing those wheels!!

DSC00314.jpg

I'll give you my car for a week and I'll mow your lawn.:biggrin:

I've got a new Corgi puppy that I'd like to hypnotize :biggrin:

Seriously, you seem like a great guy to help that owner out. Agree with you on the wheels.

I have a friend it IT dept. at my work. I had told him I had an NSX. As soon as he saw it, he wanted to buy mine. I told him I'll help him find one. I drove him to a shop in by Magic Mountain to take a look at an NSX. He was pretty disappointed after seeing it. He asked if I would sell mine. I said I'll keep looking for one that he would like. 3 months later, he bought a black one with real low miles and was a second or third car of the previous owner. That owner recently bought a P-car. Anyways, he's very happy with his car and tried to recruit others to buying NSX's as well. He was previously into Motorcycles.

GAR123:cool:

I've got a new Corgi puppy that I'd like to hypnotize :biggrin:

Mark, looking at your signature, we have a similar collection of vehicles. I have a '75 914 that I've been working on. How about I drop that off to you for a month and I'll come mow your lawn.

btw the Legend GS, is that a coupe also? I've seen specs on that model but have never seen one or know how to recognize if it's a GS or not. They have 240 hp compared to the regular 225 right?

I was damn close to being recruited by VegasNSX. He got me into wanting one. He also helped me check a car out and I made an offer but the person didn't budge. I recently bought a 335i coupe but after I get my larger garage I think I will get a 91' NSX. I also rode in a Factor X racing NSX. That sold me instantly. It was one of the coolest cars I have ever been in.

Mark, looking at your signature, we have a similar collection of vehicles. I have a '75 914 that I've been working on. How about I drop that off to you for a month and I'll come mow your lawn.

btw the Legend GS, is that a coupe also? I've seen specs on that model but have never seen one or know how to recognize if it's a GS or not. They have 240 hp compared to the regular 225 right?

The GS is the top of the line Legend. It is a sedan that came with an automatic or a 6-speed option as well. They were in the mid $40's offered in 1994-95. They all had the typeII engine 230hp....same as the Coupe.

Those are the worst wheels I have seen on an NSX. To each their own I guess..

His car came with really nice BBS wheels...but they didn't have enough lip for him - so these. I am working on him everytime I see him to change. I almost got him some Roja's here on Prime...but they had been sold. By the way - the car was re-painted...and it's one of the best jobs I've seen.

You're bucking the magazines, it's not worth it. The way to recruit is to let them drive your car for a week, and I'm sure not going to do that. I personally don't want it to get out how good the car is, thats the only upside to it being the most misunderstood supercar. Eventually the NOPI crowd is going to buy all the older cars up and it will be impossible to find good cars or parts. Honda is not going to keep making parts for long. They loved us in the beginning, it's probably all about the bean counters now.

Back