• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who is best NSX mechanic near Fairfax Virginia?

I would take it to Honda of Chantilly, about 10 minutes from Fairfax. The NSX tech from Pohanka Acura moved from that shop to the Honda extension; his name is Mike Shafer and he is very knowledgeable. You could also get a PPI from Rosenthal Acura in Maryland; Xavier is also an NSX tech and owns one himself so he knows what to look for.

+2 Ben from Daisy is who you want for the best PPI. I'm from NY and he did my PPI at the owner's garage at Arlington. Went out of his way to take care of me. Very, very knowledgeable on NSX and very fair price.

Mike Urick at Pohanka Acura - I worked with him for 8 years at that store. Pretty much the only tech I would take my NSX to. Hands down the fastest, most efficient tech I know personally. Extremely quick and reliable.
Mike Schaeffer at Honda of Chantilly as Fred (FF Drifter) stated above. I worked with him for 8 years also at Acura and currently at Honda. He is also very thorough and reliable with the work on an NSX.

-greg

Not that I know of. Mike Schaeffer can be contacted easily via the service department at Honda of Chantilly though (call up Chris Durbin in service, he is often point for NSXers coming into the shop and is also in our NoVA NSX FB group). I assume Mike Urick can be contacted the same way.

Back