• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who is Interested? Upsized 94-2001 OE Style Wheels in 17"/18"

Hi Prime,

How many of you would be interested in an upsized version of the factory 7-spoke 1994-2001 NSX rims? I'm thinking specs would be 17"x8" +40 for the front and 18"x9.5" +40 rear. I am actually talking to one of the biggest wheel manufacturers in the world about this very situation and they have an engineer drawing up the designs right now. Not sure it's going to pan out to something they can produce on a large scale, if it will just be a one-off for my car, or if they can even do it all, but i figured it would be kinda cool to explore nonetheless. Maybe with enough of us NSX owners interested, they'd see enough market potential to make them.

that's interesting, but there are so many nice wheels out there. I am sure it won't be cheap and they'd still be 'after market' wheels.

Hi Prime,

How many of you would be interested in an upsized version of the factory 7-spoke 1994-2001 NSX rims? I'm thinking specs would be 17"x8" +40 for the front and 18"x9.5" +40 rear. I am actually talking to one of the biggest wheel manufacturers in the world about this very situation and they have an engineer drawing up the designs right now. Not sure it's going to pan out to something they can produce on a large scale, if it will just be a one-off for my car, or if they can even do it all, but i figured it would be kinda cool to explore nonetheless. Maybe with enough of us NSX owners interested, they'd see enough market potential to make them.

perhaps someone can do a photoshop of what it might look like?
Lookup Prodrives in 17/18 :)
7bfb9ad479e5b2b6cbf7193a13c874b2.jpg

Last edited:
If you are going to do that why don't you replicate the 2002+ style, seems to be more desirable and maybe you can do that in 17/18 sizes. Oem sets go for around $3000 now so I think there would be a good market if they were in $1000-1500 range. I would recommend 17x7.5+40 and 18x9.5+40 or even 17x7+45 and 18x9+45 this way they will still looks good on non lowered cars.

Why not 18" front and back? Personally I think it looks better.
If you are going to do that why don't you replicate the 2002+ style, seems to be more desirable and maybe you can do that in 17/18 sizes. Oem sets go for around $3000 now so I think there would be a good market if they were in $1000-1500 range. I would recommend 17x7.5+40 and 18x9.5+40 or even 17x7+45 and 18x9+45 this way they will still looks good on non lowered cars.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

I personally think 17/18 will look more balanced and OEM, but I know a lot of guys who prefer the 18/18 or 17/17 look. I guess everyone has a little different point of view on this.

I agree with Paul here, replicate the 2002+ wheels in 17/18 and you should have a real winner on your hands!

Yes, I too would like the 2002 wheels if they were going to be made into replica wheels.

That being said, I have a set of OEM wheels from a 1998 that I would let go for $3000.

All good thoughts here! I agree about the 2002+ wheels. I'll have to see what can be done. Again, i don't know if anything will ever come of this, just wanted to gauge other members' reactions and thoughts on the idea. Looks like Prodrive already made 17/18 options in the 94+ style, so maybe there is little to no point in pursuing this.

The Prodrives are no longer available though.

I had mine powder coated silver.

All good thoughts here! I agree about the 2002+ wheels. I'll have to see what can be done. Again, i don't know if anything will ever come of this, just wanted to gauge other members' reactions and thoughts on the idea. Looks like Prodrive already made 17/18 options in the 94+ style, so maybe there is little to no point in pursuing this.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk
036b0018033beba45ae102c459905414.jpg
af0f3edac85c517dcacc922b6c76c708.jpg

Last edited:
I think Dave “turbotogo” has a long thread years ago and it never picked up. There’s a few things to consider and really cautions.

Correct. I tried bumping it a couple times and nobody picked up on it.
I also believe 02+ in a little wider setup like Paul suggested on 17/18 would be fantastic. Hope this thread can take off this time.

I'd be interested in any oem lookalike wheels in the 17/18 combo since the prodrives are not available anymore in desired offsets

Someone just sold a set for $1000. Lol $3000 come on.
yeah, I agree, $3,000 is way out of my comfort zone for factory wheels. Especially considering I already have the same style wheels in chrome. But hey, to each their own. If he can find a buyer at $3k I say good for him. It just won’t be me. But, for what it’s worth, I know you can actually buy 94-01 wheels refurbished online for way less than that.

Back