• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

who wants HSC/NSX?

I don't know enough about it to answer.

If it's 400 hp for $60,000 then yes.
If it's 320 hp for $120,000 then no.

Does that help you?

Yes, I will buy it with 350hp!

I will probably wait two years and buy it used. I particularly like the idea that it is not me to lose the 30% of the paid price.

If something is GOOD in the NSX is that the car keeps quite well the "new car" quality and reliability even when bought used from a good owner...

If the HSC has >300 hp and is $60 K and is around 2800 lbs., I will definately buy one!

I would consider it in a few years (used) if it was 350HP and 2800lbs and 65K new.

If it is 89K, 300HP and 3000lbs, I will just supercharge my 10 year old car and smoke it :)

Oh, i also want to know what the trunk is like..

Not enough information.

There's not enough information yet to make a purchasing decision. I really like the looks of the car, but if it's underpowered, or even a slight increase over the current NSX, I'll probably pass. Like nsxtasy said, 400 hp is definitely in the ballpark.

Deciding between a new HSC of 320 hp @ 3000 lbs and the first gen NSX is not that simple because even if the new car has a small increase of power, it will certainly be lighter.

And with a presumably 7 speed shiftpaddle gearbox and with improved aerodynamic and braking this new car will be considerably funnier to drive, IMO.

What I am saying is we will have to wait until a few test drive before concluding now.

But IMVVHO, looking what's happening with the latest TL, I just can't believe less than 400 hp for the next NSX/HSC.

In fact, the only way for Honda to shake the sportscar world again, à la Honda way, is to offer for less than 70K$ a less than 2,8 kg/hp sportscar like this:

V6 3,5 to 3,8 L @ more than 110 hp/liter for less than 2800 lb curb weight.

Best scenario for Honda:

125 hp/L with a 3,8 L V6 engine for 1250 kg

But I am sure that the new HSC will be addictive to drive even at 290 hp @ 3000 lbs...

If will wait for a 6 years and get an HSC that is about 3-4 years old.

I hate depreciation!!!!!

i'm just going with the worst scenario....

3.5liter V6 300ps $89k

YES! i will still buy....for the image, reputation and legacy of honda.....and as a big supporter, of course.

:)

The innovations of the first generation NSX like individual coils for each cylinder, VTEC, aluminum construction, etc. were not only ground breaking but have stood the test of time and have been adopted by other manufacturers. None of the innovations have been proven to be goofy gimmicks that faded from the scene as much of the other new technology of the late 80s has( remember Nissan's Super HICAS and Infiniti's active suspension Q45 - I guarantee you the people who owned those cars and went through the dealership grind repairing those delightfull systems haven't forgotten them; the rest of us thankfully have ).

My feeling is that the new HSC will rock the automotive world just as much - so of course I'll have to have one ( without selling my NSX - the continuation of the lineage should do wonders for the value of the cars 20 years down the road ) - I just hope that I don't have wait 10 years until I can afford it.

Back