• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who's into Koi?

I always loved raising koi, been a hoppie of mine for long time, here's some of my koi in my 30,000 gallon pond in the backyard. Let's see your pond and koi
attachment.php

That's gorgeous pond and very nice looking koi Gleibig, sorry to hear you lost all those kois, hopefully it's not KHV, I myself have lost many kois not to disease or anything but the blue heron. I don't have any filter it's a natural pond with fresh stream water flowing through all the time, I have a pump that pumps water to waterfall and jets for water flow.

Last edited:
We have herons here too. That's the main reason why I rebuilt the pond. It's now almost six feet deep.
Yours looks incredible for not having a filter. I need a filters and uv to keep mine clear.

Wow, 6 feet that's pretty nice, mine is only around 4 feet deep
i have a lot of plants to help with clarity and the constant water turn over from stream.
Here is another angle.
attachment.php

Very nice.

Mine is 4 feet deep with an upside down black milk crate at the bottom. Two arched openings cut into the crate at each end and a flat stone on top to keep it in place at the bottom of the water garden. I too use filter and UV for clarity and algae control. I also use aerator and floating heater to keep opening in the ice in the winter instead of filter and UV. Black nylon mesh screening on top during Blue Heron seasons. Fall feeding has slowed down to almost nothing now and I am getting ready to winterize for the ice.

Nice ponds guys!

Back