• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who's turbo'd NSX killed this GTO?

Poster is in Salt River, AZ

"On a boring night, with no action at all. My cousin and i head home. Hop on the freeway and just cruise it. Then out of nowhere i stumble upon this white with black race stripes NSX. i wanted a peice of this thing so i did the usual 'pull up draw back' deal and then i hear him downshift. So i popped it into 4th at about 85mph and i take him till about 95 and he shifts next me with a Psshh and pulls like i hit the brakes...i was sayin "is that thing turboed? so i came up to him again and wanted another run. This time i pull about 2 cars ahead of him and as soon as i see his lights jump i floor it, same 4th gear 85mph pull and he flys past me like nothing..i had no chance of catching him. i gotta say that Acura sounded so amazing, and i couldnt sleep for a few hours.."

From another poster from Charleston, SC:

"Nice run, and I have xperienced the Turbo NSX's first hand.

There is a place I used to go to in Vegas called Factor X performance. A guy there named Mike Angel does some amazing things with the NSX's. Many putting down over 500rwhp and running 11's all day long at the track. People would bring in a $25,000 used NSX and drop another $15,000 and get a whole new suspension, completely forged motor, twin turbo's, and too much more to list. Basically real supercar performance and cheaper than a Vette.

Incidentally, I met him one day while driving the Cobra. He was in a 450rwhp Red NSX and I pulled him when the Cobra had the Whipple."

Poster is in Salt River, AZ

"On a boring night, with no action at all. My cousin and i head home. Hop on the freeway and just cruise it. Then out of nowhere i stumble upon this white with black race stripes NSX. i wanted a peice of this thing so i did the usual 'pull up draw back' deal and then i hear him downshift. So i popped it into 4th at about 85mph and i take him till about 95 and he shifts next me with a Psshh and pulls like i hit the brakes...i was sayin "is that thing turboed? so i came up to him again and wanted another run. This time i pull about 2 cars ahead of him and as soon as i see his lights jump i floor it, same 4th gear 85mph pull and he flys past me like nothing..i had no chance of catching him. i gotta say that Acura sounded so amazing, and i couldnt sleep for a few hours.."

From another poster from Charleston, SC:

"Nice run, and I have xperienced the Turbo NSX's first hand.

There is a place I used to go to in Vegas called Factor X performance. A guy there named Mike Angel does some amazing things with the NSX's. Many putting down over 500rwhp and running 11's all day long at the track. People would bring in a $25,000 used NSX and drop another $15,000 and get a whole new suspension, completely forged motor, twin turbo's, and too much more to list. Basically real supercar performance and cheaper than a Vette.

Incidentally, I met him one day while driving the Cobra. He was in a 450rwhp Red NSX and I pulled him when the Cobra had the Whipple."

I wish I could have done all that for $15k

That sounds about right, and he might even be talking about me. I bought my NSX for $20K, and my Factor X install wasn't too far off from his estimate (I paid a bit more) except mine is a single turbo instead of twin and mine didn't include suspension. I have about 450 rwhp and can crack into the 11's up at the Strip in North Las Vegas.

How much is a nice install at Factor X now? I had the money saved up 2-3 months after I bought my NSX to do the $15k install but I ended up having to live off of the money instead.

Back