• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

why asians can't drive

whiteNSXs said:
Somehow I find it very hard to believe that you speak Mandarin fluently. For someone who actually put in so much effort to learn a language to become "fluent", one must have had quite decent understanding of that culture and perhaps are somewhat of an intellect. Your absurd statement clearly tells me that you are clueless regarding the Chinese culture and vision. In school, I've learned that certain ethnic groups have much higher prevalence of certain diseases such as cystic fibrosis, sickle cells, Tay-Sach, and etc. But never in my entire education and career that had I heard that Asian had poor eye sights. Maybe your 3 Asian girlfriend were totally blinded by your stunning good look and charming personality?:tongue:
Steve

Doubtful, I'd probably still have all three if that were the case!

I do have a decent understanding. I'm living in Shanghai in 9 months from now and have read a lot in preperation besides what you learn by being surrounded by it in college. Just because I make an odd post that someone created made in an effort to explain 'why Asian people can't drive' doesn't mean your assumptions of my personal criteria are correct. Of course the post is ridiculous, but the guy's intentions were to try to explain it, just a college assignment, not to be taken as 100% text book fact. I think it's understood there is no cut and dry explanation for it. Perhaps that's where you get the wrong idea.

I will not take offense to you insulting my Chinese knowledge. I did spend 3 hours a day Mon-Fri and 5 hours a day sat/sun in the library writing characters over and over again for the first year I took the class to make the ability to absorb the characters finally stick. That was the most dedication I ever put forth towards one subject, school or not. The remaining years were not quite as demanding, but still took the majority of my time. Most would probably get angry considering all that extremely hard work I put in, but I'm not that sensitive.

"uh, your "dui bu qi" and 3 years of college may work with you Asian ex-girlfriends, but that doesn't make you fluent in 'Mandarin'."

OK, would you like to call me and we can chat? Would that make some sort of difference? Do you want me to spend 20 minutes going through the windows character map and put 'please like me I can speak chinese' here to get your blessing? Here you go pal. Excuse my grammer Psychobiology, it's even more tedious in this context.

我给你中国人nu朋友上床了.

"Mandarin is the official Chinese spoken language, and when you say asian friends and asian ex-girlfriends, it does not only include Chinese."

That is correct. Not news to me. Most are cambodian and viet.

"For all I know, maybe out of the 90% of your friends that are asian are Vietnamese, Cambodian, Korean, and you speak fluent Mandarin with them and it make perfect sense."

Since you are the expert, you should know those countries do not speak mandarin [sarcasm]. Though I can read a lot of older Korean text. I only have a couple Chinese friends I actually speak Chinese with, the rest speak Cantonese. Almost half of China doesn't even speak Mandarin anyways.

Fluent means you can read and write a language at a 'general level of use', as different countries have different qualifications for being fluent. I can read and write in simplified and traditional at an 8th or 9th grade level. Speaking wise is very hard to determine since most 8 year olds speak their native language 'better' than anyone else who learned it at a later age depending on what you consider 'better'.

Anyhow, wtf are we talking about.

Joel said:
From middle-aged Asian women who really can't drive for @#$%#.

Very good, grasshopper!...the stereotype that Asians cannot drive well is IMO mostly due to the middle aged Asian women and men that are driving down the street at 10mph below the speed limit and have the seat moved up so close to the steering wheel that their chest is rubbing on it and they have completely terrified looks on their faces!!....anyone Asian or otherwise that fits that description should not be driving a car..

I however see middle aged Asian women that drive like this almost everyday:frown:

But to be honest I do see some white chicks driving that way too...they all scare the crap outta me:eek:

Last edited:
Back