• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

why don't you guys just give up.

What about the next HSC? :biggrin:

I will LOL @ the guys that spend too much $$$ for a NA2 and watch it depreciate at a faster rate if this NSX part 2 comes out............

I won't be with you laughing!!!! I'll be crying in the corner....... with my credit card burning in my hand because the LoveFab charges will be all over it!!!!!
:biggrin::eek::biggrin::eek::biggrin:

Until then it's just another piece in the "art" collection

come on 2011 NSX!!!

Yeah, I have to agree with peiserg.

There's so much talk and speculation surrounding the NSX and Honda's next move. When some art student does a rendering of a new Honda, everyone freaks out and thinks it came straight from Honda.

People need to relax and understand there wont be a new NSX for some time.

The HSC has already been released (considering the looks and projected direction of the HP/liter ratios):

tumblr_l057r9ULR01qa6a4t.jpg

2003-honda-hsc-concept-fa-1280x960.jpg

I gave up long time @ Honda, about those cute Italias, they are nice, but they are all burning up al over the place, the new NSX is the McLaren M4P .,,,

Looking @ the future, in 20 years, i';; be 53, I'll have a Mp4 and NA2 NSX, ....

They have been talking about a new 5 liter V8 engine to be shoehorned into the already outstanding Hyundai Genesis coupe. The car will have 429 hps and will be between $35k to $39k. When that happens, ALL Japanese sport cars are f@#%&d. Honda's whatever sport cars will be irrelevant.
Steve

Last edited:
If you don't mind me saying so, I think you guys are looking at it all wrong.

About 9 years of ownership in, I am considering this a license to look at other cars on my list in supplement. So, with my limited budget maybe I can have my NSX and a 993TT/Supra/Exige in place of a new NSX. More variety, less depreciation.

Now, if you have a Zanardi that would be different. Dump it ASAP as I hear a new one is right around the corner with an 8L V16. (PM me first)

Now, if you have a Zanardi that would be different. Dump it ASAP as I hear a new one is right around the corner with an 8L V16. (PM me first)

Great advice, PM ME for payment instructions :tongue:

I gave up long time @ Honda, about those cute Italias, they are nice, but they are all burning up al over the place, the new NSX is the McLaren M4P .,,,

Looking @ the future, in 20 years, i';; be 53, I'll have a Mp4 and NA2 NSX, ....

+1

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zvjEQDNXlhU&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zvjEQDNXlhU&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That McLaren is amazing and that video is truely awe inspiring. Any idea what the MSRP will be? Specs?

A stroker 3.5 - 3.8 NSX with the TT or SOS blower at 15psi should make a coupe (or the much superior car Targa) NSX right about dead even with this car.

Fixed :biggrin:

When the HSC was shown in 2003, some critics indicate it has many styling elements from the Enzo and ironically, now the 458 has many styling elements of the HSC. But one will never get Ferrari or Pinnafarina to admit that.

Too bad the HSC never came to be.

That McLaren is amazing and that video is truely awe inspiring. Any idea what the MSRP will be? Specs?

The website is pretty barren of real hard info right now, but rumor has it...

The 12C is powered by a bespoke McLaren 'M838T' 3.8 litre, V8 twin-turbo engine producing around 600bhp, driving through a McLaren seven speed Seamless Shift dual clutch gearbox (SSG).

"We have created ground-breaking new technology, lightweight engineering solutions, and harnessed real-world motor racing applications. It brings new levels of performance, fuel efficiency and practicality to the 12C's segment. And it will be more exclusive than its principal competition with a price that reflects its lack of ubiquity"

http://www.rsportscars.com/mclaren/2011-mclaren-mp4-12c/

125-175K UK Pounds

bar-none, the car to get... period!

Park Place in Dallas will get a McLaren showroom. Rumored MSRP has been stated as ~$240k, and some popular publications in the past have stated ~$265k, whereas others have stated $225-$250k. FWIW, I believe Consumer Reports magazine or an analog/equivalent has stated the MP4-12C as a "best buy" (as absurd as it sounds, they even admitted to such) as it's going to be unrivaled in performance & handling (easily outgunning & outlapping the F458 Italia, Gallardo 560-4, 911 GT2, and others) while offering technology & materials unfound [sic] in a sub-$500k MR-exotic for 1/2 the price. Deliveries are slated for mid '11, supposedly.

Last edited:
I remember around 14 yrs ago when R&T or C&D did a full comparsion between the McLaren F1 and the F40, the reviews pretty much stated the McLaren cannot seemingly handle normal street driving. Engine overheated in street driving with some quality/performance issue that Chevy Cavaliers can handle with aplomb. I'm not talking about stiff ride and peaky powertrain. Many things we take for granted in a street car just didn't operate well. Of course, all their gripes went away when the car was on the track.

McLaren's strength continues to be in building race cars. When it comes to street car functionality, they have less experience than Hyundai or Ferrari for that matter. I know it sounds good on paper and pics looks great, but until one has wintered and summered with the car, we can only use history as a gauge of how great this car is. And if one use the McLaren F1 is a gauge, expect it to be another race car adopted for the street with sub par reliability & street functionality compared to a Ferrari, which isn't saying much to begin with.

Last edited:
FWIW, just came back from talking to the McLaren folks who are down in Pebble Beach for the North American introduction of the MP4-12C.

The concerns about McLaren not having experience with street cars is indeed valid, that being said their experience with the Mercedes SLR should not be taken lightly.

After having the opportunity to see and sit inside their 4th generation prototype of the MP4-12C all I can say is that I am impressed. They seem to be taking their foray into the high end car market very seriously. They are beating the hell out of their prototypes in hot weather as well as winter condition. They are also running their cars for many days straight around the clock to simulate long term wear and tear of the car. With a planned run of 6000 cars total they are taking all the necessary steps to cover as much as they can so that they can build a brand new franchise.

As much as I liked my NSX the differences between the NSX and the new McLaren are pretty much night and day. Can't really compare the 2. Anyone who does so is not being realistic.

With a planned dealership openning in Palo Alto in March of 2011 it might make it easier to put a deposit for one to be delivered in 2012 :cool:

Last edited:
Back