• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why I am selling my cherished NSX

Holy C@$*
Ken, I haven't logged on for over a year now, and this is the shock I get!?! :eek: For no better occasion than this, I just want to thank you for all the great wisdoms about this car (yes, just about this car, nothing else:biggrin:) that has saved my rear end many many times over in the past few years. And I'm sure glad to know you'll be staying on the forum.
I just want to say after driving a boxster for weeks(I know, there's no comparison....) while my nsx was in the shop getting the clutch replaced, there's nothing like getting back in my nsx and listening to the fine music from my honda engine as the rpm goes up, I think you're gonna miss that...
thanks again Ken

I came here to post about trading my NSX, and I see your post.

Sorry to see you letting go without another car to cherish.

Hope it is the right decision for you.

Ken, it was a pleasure meeting you in AZ an NSXPO a few yrs ago.
As Tino mentioned, its not easy owning a car for this long and selling.
I sold a car I had owned for 20 yrs.
A 1965 I owned from 1984-2004, with 71k actual miles.
Its since been through 4 owners now and last sold for 3x what I sold it for.
(I know)
Its not an easy decision, and should not be taken lightly.
But am still enjoying Tino's 94 and can only hope someone will appreciate yours as I do mine. I have only logged about 5k on the 94 since I purchased it but really enjoy it when I do drive it.
The reality is times change, interests change, and even communities change.
As a side note, I hope you car is priced high enough that it never sells!
You really do make this forum.

Mark

Woah...hadn't been paying close attention to Prime lately...can't believe what I am reading. No chance you are going to change your mind?

No, no chance of changing my mind. I still want to sell it, even though it's a fantastic car; I just haven't been driving it! I haven't sold it yet, and I think it's for sale at a fair price.

Holy Crap Ken!! Dave and I are saddened by the news of you selling your beloved NSX. Good luck with the sale. Still hope to see you at the annual Spring dinner. You will always be the commissioner to us.

The NSX has to be the sports car bargain of the century!

Every so often when I toyed with the idea of selling mine (a very clean 92 with 22K miles) it just doesn't seem worth it. Even if I didn't drive it that often, for the amount of money I'd get in return it seems ludicrous to sell it.

In other words, for a measly $30K-$40K, it just wouldn't be worth it to sell and to risk the chance of a nasty bout of seller's remorse.

And to sell it for what? What other car could I get for that kind of money?

Well Ken, you may not change your mind but the NSX community has bonded together and all agreed to do the best thing for you by not buying your car. :biggrin:

Much like parents who over protect their children, this is for your own good Ken. :biggrin: What if something happens to your Integra Type R one day, what sports car will you have in your garage to sweep you away. You are quite the Honda loyalist. Unfortunately, Honda has bailed on the enthusiasts hence there is nothing exciting on the Honda pipeline. So hold on tight to what you got.

I'll be there. I'd bring some Lou Malnati's deep-dish with me, except the other people on the plane would probably kill me if I didn't share it with them. :biggrin:

Hi

I will be seeing you in Vegas too. I am very happy that you will be there and that I get a chance to meet you. Damn you almost made cry here. I understand your decision. Sad to not be using it as it should.

Winterhibernation is soon here for my NSX. But the memories from my NSXPO 2010 trip will last a lifetime I'm sure.

What you did for me when I was down and out I will never forget. Damn now the tears are back again.

Looking forward to shake your hand. Wow what a feeling I got reading the subject and seeing it was from you.:eek::eek:

Regards

NO COOKIES for Ken.

Actually Ken, I think I know more about your car than anyone else. I certainly would not buy it. '-) (hope no one else does either)

woodwork

(Actually I know Ken very well. I've known him since before the 1997 NSXPO. I don’t think there is a better maintained car out there.)

Well, Maybe oatmeal,

Last edited:
Well Ken, you may not change your mind but the NSX community has bonded together and all agreed to do the best thing for you by not buying your car.

Hey, it's kinda like an intervention....we only want what's best for you Ken...you just can't see it right now! Seriously, good luck in selling your jem, hopefully it will go to someone who appreciates the TLC you put into it.

Last edited:
Okay Ken, I haven't driven my car for almost 2 years either - does't matter the reason, I'm right there with you, but say what? Dude, you are the linchpin of the NSX community here in Chitown. Hmmmm, do I need another?

Hi

Whoever buys Mr.Prime's NSX will get a NSX which have been cared for by the best owner there is.

Not only that, but the new owner will have Honda badges on the front and on the wheels which came from another NSX owner which is kind of obsessed of the NSX=me :-D

Regards

Martin

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

My NSX has Acura badges, and I am selling it with the stock 15"/16" wheels with Acura center caps. I will sell my 16"/17" wheels with the Honda-badged center caps separately, after I sell the car.

Take my NSX. Please.

Ken, do you really think these young whippersnappers know who that is?

I worked for him MANY times. I have a poster of him from many years ago when he performed at the local Jewish Community Center where my trio backed him up and did a couple of dance sets. He signed: "Take my Poster...please".:biggrin:

Classic:
My doctor told me I had six months to live. I told him I didn't have the money to pay him.
He gave me another six months.

My doctor told me to takes off all my clothes, stand in front of the window and stick my tougue out.
I asked:"Why?"
He said: I'm mad at my neighbor.

My NSX has Acura badges, and I am selling it with the stock 15"/16" wheels with Acura center caps. I will sell my 16"/17" wheels with the Honda-badged center caps separately, after I sell the car.

Hi

Yes my error. The Acura badge center caps that I had on the 16"/17" before I sold them was the ones you had at one time I believe. You did a exchange with Gheba in Switzerland before I bought the silver princess.

I checked a mail I sent to you 27.07.07 when I just got out of the hospital after my head banging where I write about the badges.

The Acura badges I have on the front and rear may been bought new by Gheba and not exchanged with anybody. I have the same badge on the front as I have on the back. My center at the rear has been painted silver and that badge is on there.

Again good luck with selling the NSX. I need a winterbeater. But yet another "project" car would not be smart. So I'm not buying it. Sorry.

Regards

Strange - I have not been out here looking at posts in MANY years and out of the blue saw this.

Guess it was intuition I stumbled out here and saw this.

Anyway - Ken - I wish the best for you whatever you decide/happens. You were there in 96 when I was on the list servers, you were there when my 1st was born (and you all came to St. Louis in 98), you were there when NSXca started (I had a top 10 ID), and there at my first track event in @ NSXpo Mid Ohio.

I haven't tracked or even driven my car in so long it is sad. It sits on my lift and there are months when I don't even notice it up there - let alone drive it so I know where you are coming from.

Anyway - thank you for all the great memories, advice, and for all you do for so many.

PS: If I was looking for a used NSX I would buy yours sight unseen. I believe the owner would drive that thing for 30k miles with little more than gas money.

Take care

Nick M.

I just realized ken had 24,000 posts.

If one spent 5 minutes surfing prime and 2 minutes replying... on average... they'd have spent close to 3000 hours on prime. Realistically it's probably more.

That's 75 work weeks at 40 hours per week, for 1.44 years of his life.

Pretty incredible...

Last edited:
Back