• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WHY won't you drive your NSX in rain?

Would you rather polish and stare at your car or do this:

At Laguna Seca with a bit of rain
PDC15.JPG

Last edited:
I'd rather do that!
biggrin.gif
Great pic...

Originally posted by NeoNSX:
i can understand owners of dark cars complaining, and not driving in snow.

Jeez, now I'm going to have to start a thread about why won't you drive your car in the snow! As it turns out, a black NSX is very visible against snow (check the avatar) unlike the many posts about Silver being essentially invisible.

------------------
- Ian
91 Blk/Blk daily driver; 100K+ miles & still going strong

[This message has been edited by NSX2398 (edited 17 March 2003).]

[This message has been edited by NSX2398 (edited 17 March 2003).]

Originally posted by NSX2398:
Jeez, now I'm going to have to start a thread about why won't you drive your car in the snow! As it turns out, a black NSX is very visible against snow (check the avatar) unlike the many posts about Silver being essentially invisible.

yeah... i love some of the black NSX photos in snow that have been posted on this site. Black & White photography at it's finest.
biggrin.gif

I know i sound like a n00bie but why don't you drive in the snow?
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Because we don't get snow!!
wink.gif

Actually I live in Fl. where a heavy rain can sprout up in minutes.
You either want to drive the car or you leave it home for that perfect day when it won't rain. Owners choice...
Several cars in this state also run the Bridgestone S03's for their great water handling. (Of course many don't but I'm sold on them now.)
Also, the Silver is quite visible with it's
headlights on which is Fl law when it rains.
Happy driving!

I drove mine over 500 miles this weekend (Miami to Daytona and back), almost all in the rain! At one point it was raining so hard, at 30mph I couldn't see the car in front of me. She still held the road.
smile.gif

It wasn't meant to be my daily driver, but anytime I say that, I end up using it just for that...lol

SR

Wow guys! I drive mine in the rain, snow, sleet, sun--you name it I take it out. I also have a few other cars but its in the rain and snow that I have most fun. This car handles like a dream in the rain as well. I also drive my f-cars in the rain. No problem with me---free car wash

While quickly scanning the replies to this question, I didn't catch my main reason for rain-free driving: hail. On rare occasions, hail is the precursor to a thunderstorm in our Florida climate, and on even rarer occasions, the hailstones are the size of golfballs, or even larger. The body damage can be dramatic and heartbreaking after one of these car crushers. I saw a hail victim that looked like the target of a mob of angry sledgehammer-wielders. The memory of that sight keeps my NSX garaged if the weather report is predicting thunderstorms.

JMHO,

Bill

WHY won't you drive your NSX in rain?
I do drive my car in the rain!

I didn't work hard to have the cool car I've wanted for almost a decade just to leave it in the garage half the year.

"It gets dirty" - I DON'T CARE, IT'S A DIRTY NSX! :)

"It loses resale value" - RE-WHAT?!? I'M NOT SELLING THIS! :)

"It's hard to drive" - NOT AS HARD AS LEARNING TO DRIVE A RWD BEATER WITH BALD TIRES IN WINTER IN SASKATCHEWAN! :)

"I have a daily driver" - SO DO I! IT'S MY NSX! :D

Back