• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

wiered sound!

HI everyone. My 98 nsx is making a strange sound every time i change lanes and go through those little bumpes (lane change indicators on the road). Seems like its coming from the rear wheel or rear drivers side wheels area. Its been doing this for some time and i thought it might be the wheels but it wasnt beacuse i changed them with nice volk wheels. The sound is like a clicking metal sound, not too loud but as if a peace of the shock absorber or CV boot going bad or loose. Its really hard to discribe but its definitly a rattling sound. I went under the car and checked everything. Nothings loose any where, no leaks or fluids iether. You can only hear it if ur going over those small road indicators, it does not rattle if i go over big bumps or road cracks. I also had a master tech at the acura dealer look at it and he couldnt find out iether. I did has spacers on and he suggested that i should take those off wich i did. The sounds still there. Anyways sorry for the long story if any one can help be nice and preciated thanks Sid.

Last edited:
tire pressure? also check to make sure the wheel is not bent or scraping on something ...... jack up the car and spin each wheel to make sure its not hitting anything...

i had a flat tire and had no idea until i was going over some of those road indicators which was louder than the rest....

+1

been through that too lol. If I wasn't so in tune with my car, it could of been REALLY bad.

yea! I was driving on a completely flat tire... on my 19" rim for 2-3 days... come to find out, I ran over a pad lock and the 1/4" pin from the lock was stuck in my tire.. :confused::rolleyes:

yea! I was driving on a completely flat tire... on my 19" rim for 2-3 days... come to find out, I ran over a pad lock and the 1/4" pin from the lock was stuck in my tire.. :confused::rolleyes:

Mine was just as weird. It help air for the days that I had the wheel sitting in the garage uninstalled. Even held air when it was sitting there installed on the car. But would go flat after a few minutes of driving. Apparently a chunk of rubber from the tire during install got wedged between the rim and tire bead. So it'd hold air perfect sitting in one spot on the car or off. But everytime the wheel would roll and the spot would be on at 6 o clock, it'd leak massively. I could air it up to 60 psi and it'd hold air, no bubbles. But then I aired it up to 80 psi, saw almost unnoticeable bubbles from the bead. Almost missed it, it so tiny, like sub pin hole. Then I'd gently press on the tire at bead where the leak was and it'd spew air horribly.

I even brought it to the tire shop who dunk tested it and they saw NO problems. Good thing I do my own wrenching.

Thanks guys, no its not a bent wheel, and no i dont have a flat tire. I did go underneath it and we checked everything out. Seems like no one can figure it out. If any one wants to check it for me in seattle area feel free to contact me and i'll come show it to you. I just dono what other options i have :)

Thanks guys i'll check those two places tomorrow and let u know. thanks.

Back