• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Window cleaning

Hrmm...I use household windex on my windows and it always comes out smudge free...thats on an eclipse though.

I also always make sure and do mine indoors, where the sun isn't beating down on the windshield/windows. Heated glass isn't fun to clean....

Originally posted by tabasco:
I like Stoner's Invisible Glass. You need to use a lint free cloth.

Stoner's Invisible Glass used with scrunched up newspaper is the best combo I have ever found and I've tried them all.
Rain-X Glass Polish is good for removing hard water spots, tree sap, etc.
PS: I knew of the newspaper trick for years but was reluctant to try it - knowing what a mess newspaper ink makes of your hands made it difficult to accept using it on the car. All I can say is try it - it works!

------------------
The NSX Model List Page

Originally posted by lemansnsx:
scrunched up newspaper is the best
[/B]

Go buy packing paper used by the moving companies. It's cleaner and works the same.
wink.gif

In a test, scrunched up labels from Zymol products worked better than scrunched up labels from Zaino products.

My favorite cleaning product is the foam aerosol spray cans. Work 10x better than windex. I think they are environmentally unfriendly though...

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
In a test, scrunched up labels from Zymol products worked better than scrunched up labels from Zaino products.

You think we can get a test. I have some crunched Zaino labels, can someone send me some crunched Zymol labels. I will post pictures.

------------------
'00 Candy Apple Blue / Black

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
My favorite cleaning product is the foam aerosol spray cans. Work 10x better than windex. I think they are environmentally unfriendly though...

-- Chris

You know I tried that stuff from honda the glass cleaner and I think it works like crap.. all it does is smear the dirt all over the window when you wipe down.

------------------
'92 Sebring Silver NSX #181

You know I tried that stuff from honda the glass cleaner and I think it works like crap.. all it does is smear the dirt all over the window when you wipe down.

Maybe you should sue them.

hey guys I am having a lot of trouble cleaning the rear window hatch. I always seem to get like a film on the inside. The rest of my windows look crystal clean, but the rear hatch is kicking my...(You what). Any help?

sorry from bringing this 10 year old thread back...(what was I doing in 2001...hmmmm)

Hrmm...I use household windex on my windows and it always comes out smudge free...thats on an eclipse though.

I also always make sure and do mine indoors, where the sun isn't beating down on the windshield/windows. Heated glass isn't fun to clean....

Windex is hard on factory tint. I would not use anything with ammonia in it. Most automotive window cleaners do not have ammonia.
I use rain-X window cleaner when they are really dirty, but just water and a microfiber cloth for window cleaner takes away the dirt and streaks.

Windex is hard on factory tint. I would not use anything with ammonia in it. Most automotive window cleaners do not have ammonia.
I use rain-X window cleaner when they are really dirty, but just water and a microfiber cloth for window cleaner takes away the dirt and streaks.

just one microfiber cloth? I was just told by my neighbor like 2 minutes ago. to try using 2 one to get most of the water/cleaner off and the 2nd to get any remnants

I use this product, best one I've found, slightly thicker than the Invisible Glass, so it doesn't run down vertical glass as quick and no streaks....
John Deere Glass Cleaner, I also use the scrunched up newspaper method....although my wife uses microfiber inside the house and swears by it.

http://www.greenfarmparts.com/John_Deere_Glass_Cleaner_p/ty26562.htm

I like Stoner's Invisible Glass. You need to use a lint free cloth.

------------------
'00 Candy Apple Blue / Black

This is what I use. Is this newspaper method really serious? I thought it was a big joke with the first couple posts about it but Im begining to wonder. Its a joke right???

I use Sprayway foam from Amway. No ammonia and does not streak. The most important thing is to use the proper towel like microfiber suedes and to not use newspaper or paper towels. This is explained in the 2011 #1 NSX Driver Magazine issue on detailing your NSX.

I use denatured alcohol. I buy it by the gallon from Home Depot in the paint section. Much cheaper than any glass cleaner. That and a couple microfiber towels, and it comes out perfect every time. No streaks or residue.

Back