• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window roll up/down feedback.

My '95 has always had slow window roll up response. Not horrible, but just seems to work harder than necessary. I have used the Turtle Wax Liquid polish, on the glass, and it does help reduce the friction....I am looking for responses from people who have done things recently(in the last year), to improve this situation...
Thanks to all in advance,
Regards,
Dennis

Save yourself some time and grief and buy some new window regulators. Lots of so called mod's to fix the situation however nothing is as painless and time saving as new oem regulators for double the cost of modifying which comes with a crap load of headaches.

Dennis, there is a mod by hugabuga that works very well. Angus has some kits, if Hugo doesn't respond. Search for it

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

There is a company that rebuilds the window regulators. Should be a lot better than the hugabuga kit.

I would first check lubrication of the rails. Eliminate the old grease and put fresh one.

Check the windows guides bushings. Change for Teflon.

And only if it doesn't change anything, you can incriminate your regulators.

a lot of the time its because the rail is physically bent out of shape which there is no fix for, except to replace.

Save yourself some time and grief and buy some new window regulators. Lots of so called mod's to fix the situation however nothing is as painless and time saving as new oem regulators for double the cost of modifying which comes with a crap load of headaches.

Yep, I gotta agree here.

a lot of the time its because the rail is physically bent out of shape which there is no fix for, except to replace.
Bingo!

Thank you all for your input!
I will go the oem route, as I don't want to deal with invisible vendors....btw, I did have both sides re-greased.

I cant believe these are $600 each, good thing mine came with brand new one for replacement when I bought mine

Back