• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Windy City School May 1-2 at RA.

Just wondering if anyone is planning on doing this one I just sent my app in...cant wait.

Yeah a great event, but BMW and RA obviously don't know the state of the economy, the inflation rate etc. They raised the fee up 4 times the yearly cost of living index!!!! The fee went up $100 in the last 5 years!! It is now $395 to just over $400 depending if you are a member or not. Still a top-notch event. Last year was the first year I believe there was not a waiting list, and it did not sell out. If they keep raising the cost, they won't sell out ever again. I guess that means more room on the track! :D

The big costs for the event organizers are the track rental, and the insurance. Those costs have been rising dramatically. If the track and the insurance companies would stop raising their prices, the price of the event registration would stop rising, too.

I'll be at this event.

NSX 3.0 said:
Just wondering if anyone is planning on doing this one I just sent my app in...cant wait.

Hey Guys,
The price shocked me too, but that's where I'm starting the season off at. I haven't done the May event at RA before. Can't wait for spring to show up :D

Well as soon as I open my big mouth I may have to back out of this one. I hope to get there one of those days to check it out if I dont do the actual school.

I am sitting on the application. I might be in Vegas for a bachelor party, but those plans are still in the works. If I end up missing the school and the bachelor party is scheduled for another weekend, I will be less than pleased.

Bachelor party is a go for the same weekend, so count me out. :(

Don't feel too sorry for me though, I will be in Vegas . . .;)

If anyone is in need of a killer room for the weekend, please pm me. I have a room at the 52 Stafford bed and breakfast in Plymouth available.

Aaron

Bachelor party here too... but I am going to be in Mexico.

captnem said:
Could you guys give me some more infomation about this event? I would love to watch. I live in the chicago land area. I would really like to see some nsx's in action.
I'm not sure whether spectators are allowed at this event. You might be better off going to one of the CGI events at GingerMan if you're interested in watching a few NSXs on the track. (And GingerMan is also closer to you than Road America.)

captnem said:
Could you guys give me some more infomation about this event? I would love to watch. I live in the chicago land area. I would really like to see some nsx's in action. Thanks!

Contact the Windy City chapter of the BMW CCA.

http://www.windycitybmw.com/home/contactUs.asp

IIRC, they allow spectators who are either BMW CCA members or driving a BMW.

Those planning to attend this event are encouraged to keep an eye on the weather forecast and to pack a warm jacket and rain gear.

Here's the latest forecast from the National Weather Forecast:

Friday: A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.

Friday Night: Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.

Saturday: Showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low near 35.

Sunday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53.

Sunday Night: A chance of showers, mainly before 7pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.

nsxtasy said:
Those planning to attend this event are encouraged to keep an eye on the weather forecast and to pack a warm jacket and rain gear.

Here's the latest forecast from the National Weather Forecast:

Friday: A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.

Friday Night: Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.

Saturday: Showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low near 35.

Sunday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53.

Sunday Night: A chance of showers, mainly before 7pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.

Ken,
I'm sure you know the old saying in Wisconsin if you don't like the weather just wait a hour. :D

I have done track events in dense fog (Alpha)
in snow (Speedtrial) and rain (BMW) and all are just as fun as in the dry, and you learn just as much.

The fast guys will have fun running at the limit of traction, while the newbies can still learn the lines as well as learn some serious valuable wet weather driving skills that can be applied to everyday driving life.

MarkB said:
Ken, are you going?
Yes, I will be instructing at this event, and will be bringing the yellow car shown in my avatar. Maybe you will be one of my vict... I mean, one of my students. :D

Here's the latest. In addition to the chance of rain, note the low Saturday night of 34. It's going to be quite chilly Sunday morning!

Today: Showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Chance for precipitation is 70%. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. North wind around 16 mph.

Tonight: Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Chance for precipitation is 60%. Cloudy, with a low around 40. North wind between 10 and 16 mph.

Saturday: A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a high around 51. North wind between 11 and 14 mph.

Saturday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low near 34. North wind between 8 and 13 mph.

Sunday: A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 45. North wind between 10 and 14 mph.

Back