• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wings West fiasco, need advice

Well, I ordered side skirts for my 2003 NSX from Wings West, and they don't fit. Because I had them paint the parts before shipping (I wanted them painted right), they won't take them back now :mad: ! I mean, that is their policy not to take back painted parts, and it is plainly posted on the webste, but...

here's the problem. My car is a 2003 which is identical to a 2002, which is the year they changed the body style, right? So, if you go to Wings West's site and search for 2002 NSX parts, they claim the side skirts fit the 2002 model year. But they don't.

Isn't this a tad misleading? Shouldn't the site specify '91 - '01 instead of '91 - '02? My local shop here had no luck convincing them to do a special return, and I can't seem to get through on the phone. I will keep trying to contact them, but I have a feeling they are not going to help me out. What should I do? Do I have any recourse here?

If you do a search on '03 NXSs on the WW site, it does come up empty. But thinking that the parts were good for 2002 models led me to believe the skirts would fit my car. In any case, they need to change their site because it is false information.

If you have a '02 or '03 NSX... DO NOT buy the body kit or side skirts from Wings West until they offer the right parts (if they ever do).

Any advice would be appreciated. If anyone is looking for side skirts painted in Berlina Black for '91 - '01 fitment, please let me know. I paid over $600 for parts, shipping, and installation labor, but I'd be willing to sell these for less than that (buyer pays shipping). They are still packed in original box/shipping wrap and only one was taken out for attempted installation.

Thanks for any guidance or advice!

Ryan

Last edited:
if you have noticed.. the 02+ model got new side skirt and a stick on door molding... if you dont mind sell I would wanna buy those ( OE 02 03 ) skirts and door mod form you

This might be a dumb question, but shouldn't the kit still fit the 02+ on the sides at least after you remove the 02+ OEM side skirts? I figure the skirt design is different but I don't think they changed the body where it mounts to.

Boston, you think like me. :D I wanted to get the 02+ OEM side skirts and door insterts, but the price is really high compared to the WW.

rrhea said:
Well, I ordered side skirts for my 2003 NSX from Wings West, and they don't fit.

here's the problem. My car is a 2003 which is identical to a 2002,

Thanks for any guidance or advice!

Ryan
Did you take the Original side skirt off before trying to fit the WW side skirt?

I would agree with the above.If you remove the 02 skirt the basic 91-01 contours are there,the door garnish may have some screws into the doors that the older cars don't.I was able to get all the 02 bits to fit on my 96,good luck,and yes the color is berlina.

when i looked up the '02 side skirts on the computer at the parts counter of my local acura dealer, it showed there being holes in the door for mounting the garnish.
why on earth would you want to replace the very clean (and never going to fall off) oem skirts with the ww skirts???
makes no sense to me... but to each his own.

Original message from ChrisK

This might be a dumb question, but shouldn't the kit still fit the 02+ on the sides at least after you remove the 02+ OEM side skirts? I figure the skirt design is different but I don't think they changed the body where it mounts to.

Well, the design actually did change quite a bit from 2001 to 2002+. My FTP and server are jacked right now, but I can show you via websites what the difference is.

A pre 2002 model:
NSX Prime gallery pic of Leonard's '95 NSX

A '02 model, which is identical to the '03s:

2002 NSX review close up shot

If you pay close attention to the sideskirt area right behind the front wheel well, you'll see that the older models do not have the extension that goes upward along the wheel well.

The Wings West skirt leaves a square hole where that part of the new sideskirt would be.

Original message from AKUDOU

Did you take the Original side skirt off before trying to fit the WW side skirt?

Yes, my local dealer put the new one on, called me and told me it did not fit. He called WW and they asked him to photograph it and send it to them. Which he did.

When I called them, they admitted their mistake on the website and flat out said that I was right... the '02+ models cannot use these skirts. But they still would not refund me or take back the product. I am hoping my local dealer and the pics he took will help them change their minds. Who knows? :confused:

Original Message from supergreen125

why on earth would you want to replace the very clean (and never going to fall off) oem skirts with the ww skirts???

Well, I like the look of the extra scoops... but I also scraped up my passenger-side skirt by hitting a curb in a parking lot just a month after getting the car. :eek: After deciding not to kill myself I reasoned that I could just replace the skirts with AM parts and be done with it, and get some cool extra scoops in the process. Oh well, the NSX gods are still angry with me, I guess. :eek:

Ryan

Chris@SoS said:
Ryan -- Ask them what is not fitting, and tell them to give us a call (877-863-4520). I'm sure we can get them to fit.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Well, I am now looking for an alternative to replace my skirts. What can you guys do for me? Which skirts do you sell that will fit '02+ models?

Thanks Chris,

Ryan

BostonNSX said:
if you have noticed.. the 02+ model got new side skirt and a stick on door molding... if you dont mind sell I would wanna buy those ( OE 02 03 ) skirts and door mod form you

Well, if I do ever get some skirts that work with my '03, the passenger side OEM skirt is scratched to sh1t. I don't think it is beyond repair, but the scratches are pretty deep.

Probably not something you'd want to pay for. I might check into getting that one fixed when I do get some new skirts just so I can go back to OEM if I ever want to.

Thanks for inquiring, though.

Ryan

Brian2by2 said:
well the 91s were considered berlina black right? if so, how much you selling them for?

If WW does not take these thing back, I will definitely sell them to you. I saw them and the paint job they did was beautiful. They do excellent work and put in all the flex additives in the primers, paint and clear. Plus, all their parts are urethene, which is good. (you probably already know all that).

Hit me on the PM with your email address, and I'll let you know if WW decides to anally violate me... in which case they are yours if you like the price.

Thanks!

RR

Back