• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Woman jumps into polar bear zoo, gets attacked

Why do we prevent people from winning darwin awards??? It's a dis-service to the human race... :mad:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/04/11/polar.bear.attack/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

A polar bear attacked a woman at Berlin Zoo Friday afternoon after she climbed a fence and jumped into its habitat during feeding time, police said Saturday.

..."They saved her life," Gebhard told CNN. The woman was severely injured and was being treated at a hospital, police said. ...
she should have been left as a free meal to the polar bear. Talk about free delivery.

Last edited:
WHY SAVE HER? What an idiot. Lawsuit time. "There was clearly NO sign present that stated do NOT climb into the habitat during feeding time".

WHY SAVE HER? What an idiot. Lawsuit time. "There was clearly NO sign present that stated do NOT climb into the habitat during feeding time".

She may have missed the sign that read "do not feed the bears" :biggrin:

She got what she deserved and I bet she will sue and win because the zoo failed to provide adequate protection so the public could not gain access :mad:

NB! this occurred in germany / outside the u.s. so i'm not sure a lawsuit will be received as expected in the u.s. ....

On a more practical note, you don't want the bears to think that it's okay to eat people. I've never tried it myself, but what if it's habit forming? Where do you find a twelve step program that accepts bears?

Nick

It was a strange event. Wouldn't the bear have killed her if it wanted to kill her? It doesn't seem natural that the bear only bit her. The bear has paws that could have struck her and killed her instantly. I think those were love bites.

On a more practical note, you don't want the bears to think that it's okay to eat people. I've never tried it myself, but what if it's habit forming? Where do you find a twelve step program that accepts bears?

Nick

It's been awhile, but I read something awhile back that stated that polar bears will always see a human and a roast chicken in the same light.

man steps in to obstruct social darwinsim... :rolleyes:

It was a strange event. Wouldn't the bear have killed her if it wanted to kill her? It doesn't seem natural that the bear only bit her. The bear has paws that could have struck her and killed her instantly. I think those were love bites.

Yeah, if that bear's intent was to kill, she wouldn't have made it out alive. Perhaps the bites were territorial in nature.

Still, this woman is a moron.

Back