• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Women NSX owners?

Do they exist? Since getting my car, I've met a lot of NSX owners (online and IRL), and none were women.

-Bob ('94 #496)

There was a Asian girl driving a silver NSX in my area few years ago, but I don't see her nowadays. I'll let my girlfriend drive my NSX if she knows how to drive stick
wink.gif

Acura has statistics on buyers of new NSX's that break down 98 percent male, 2 percent female.

There are some female members in the NSX Club. I would guess that for around 5 percent of the club members, the primary car owner is female. The percentage is about the same for those coming to NSXPO 2000 next week.

I know one... my wife. "Our" NSX is her daily driver and is titled in her name. I get to drive it when I'm lucky. Otherwise I have to drive our Porsche 996 Cabriolet. :-(

Seriously... I love both cars, and they are too different to compare. But, I _enjoy_ driving the NSX more.

EDR
91 Black/Ivory

It's also been called the "thinking man's Ferrari" and "a Ferrari that was designed by guys who went to college".

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
It's also been called the "thinking man's Ferrari" and "a Ferrari that was designed by guys who went to college".

Yeah, I wonder just how many Ferrari owners are women?! I would imagine a lot less than there are that own NSXs. I know a few women that drive Porsche 911s. I would imagine that an NSX would appeal to the right woman. I know my wife likes ours.
smile.gif
Maybe it is the lack of a lighted vanity mirror on the flip side of the drivers side sun visor that keeps so many women from owning one.
smile.gif

Sorry to bring this topic again....

It seems that there are a lot of female sports car owners nowadays (there are a lot of active female members in 350Z, S2000, BMW, Audi clubs)! I wonder whether it's because NSX may be too intimidating and unknown to them?

Now my wife and her friends are the biggest fan of NSX!! :D

David said:
There are a couple of titty dancers here in Austin that drive NSXs.
Yellow Rose? :D

There are some NSX women owners on this board. Maybe some of them are staying away because it seems nearly all the guys here get a little over enthusiastic. :p

Well, page 40 of the summer edition of Expressions, Inspired by Acura (Canadian edition) has a very nice picture of our own Ms. Pamela going hard into a right hand corner and smoking her left front tire at an Acura sponsored high performance drivers event. So not only are there women NSX drivers, some of them can drive...

not in our club in the silicon valley....we have two midnight pearl NSXs and both are female. our club president was one of them.

There is a nice lady that I've seen around the sw Houston area in a 91-91 Silver NSX with 16/17 oem wheels. Once I even saw her by my place when I was in my NSX and we rolled down our windows and said HI. I told her, "Nice car!" But the whole time I was thinking she should have gotten black!! :D j/k Her license plate read NSXSC I believe. Andy's wife maybe?
Regards
Z

Yep

When I get my hair cut in Campbell, I usually go for the 8:30 am timeslot and I see an asian girl driving an early model red about 50% of the time. I was surprised at first, but now when I go for my appointments, I keep an eye out for her.

Oh, and what about Fester??? Wow, so including the one's Blue Knight mentions, I guess I know of four!

Kevin

Yeah, I wonder just how many Ferrari owners are women?! I would imagine a lot less than there are that own NSXs.

thats funny...when I'm down in South Beach, I've seen ALOT of women driving 360's...by alot, I mean 3-4. But 3-4 is alot just to SEE a ferrari, none-the-less a women driving a ferrari.

**most were gorgeous...i'd say 3 out of 4.

LOL... about time this topic re-appeared. :)

There are four female NSX owners (not gf's/wives) on this site that I know of... Their identities & email addresses sell for $150+ each, and if you're thinking of getting "acquainted" with them, GET IN LINE! :D j/k

...sorry...couldn't resist... our NSX lady owners are held up with the HIGHEST respect here on prime. *salute*

<B>Dan H</B>: ROFL... how true!

nsxparts.com said:
There is a very nice lady in Canada who bought some parts for her NSX from mee via Ebay. She tracks the car at PIR/SIR.

...well??? we're still waiting for u to post her details... :D ;) :p ROFL

nsxparts.com said:
There is a very nice lady in Canada who bought some parts for her NSX from mee via Ebay. She tracks the car at PIR/SIR.

Sounds like "our own Ms. Pamela", as NSX Maven referred to her, and whom I had the pleasure of meeting at NSXPO 2002.

If you want to meet lots of NSX owners, from diverse backgrounds and yes, both genders, there's no better place in North America than NSXPO.

Don't forget about the really cute girl in the last NSX Driver :p
Aaron

Back