• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

WRC / Rally Thread

a few shots from the rally...more to come

02s.jpg

05s.jpg

click for more shots from the rally

The Rally Event for X Games 14 was insane this weekend. The 70 ft jump made all the difference. The NOS Evo flipped over when his rear end clipped the bank when landing. Cars were losing pieces of the front bumper, cracking radiators, and everything jsut becomes loose after trying to land that jump. In the end it came down to about the same identical 2 from 2007, Pastrana and Foust. Pastrana took gold because Foust scraped the wall and lost a few seconds when exitting the stadium.

Click here for more pics and details

ken block with team subaru will be running in P-WRC (production class of WRC) at the upcoming New Zealand rallye.

after Block's DNF in Rally America's Pjibwe Forest Rally and his teammate Travis Pastrana taking the win. lets hope block does good

Ford imploded going into the last day with both Hirvonen and Latvala getting into some trouble. Of course Sebastien "the Machine" Loeb took advantage of this and along with Dani Sordo they took home 1st and 2nd place for Citroen. I guess those are the breaks.

Click for More Photos.

Here's an odd question. Being that this is an NSX forum. Any thoughts or does anyone know why Honda isn't involved with WRC? Seems like they have pretty much run the gamut on every racing series known to man at one time or another. Yet I don't remember them ever doing anything with WRC. They have had 4wd systems for a few years now, you'd think they'd have come up with a scaled down version and dropped into a Civic Si hatchback or even a Jazz/Fit.

Here's an odd question. Being that this is an NSX forum. Any thoughts or does anyone know why Honda isn't involved with WRC? Seems like they have pretty much run the gamut on every racing series known to man at one time or another. Yet I don't remember them ever doing anything with WRC. They have had 4wd systems for a few years now, you'd think they'd have come up with a scaled down version and dropped into a Civic Si hatchback or even a Jazz/Fit.

theres a civic type r out there.

http://www.rallymadness.com/article.php?id=2081

We were looking through some images for artwork to use on upcoming WRC dvds and wanted to create some wallpapers.

This first set of wallpapers feature the Citroen Total team that's been kicking everyone's ass in the points race. Loeb is a machine and has such a smooth and steady driving style, not sure if anyone can touch him in the next few years. Images are linked to full-sized versions.

A few more here.

Saw this on the WRC website. This may provide some joy for Subaru fans after the announcement that they are pulling out of the WRC for '09.

Chris Atkinson is relishing the chance to compete on level terms with Sebastien Loeb and Dani Sordo when he takes the wheel of a factory spec Citroen C4 WRC on January's Rally Ireland.

Atkinson was left out in the cold after Subaru's shock withdrawal from the series on 16 December but was thrown a lifeline by Citroen a week later when the French firm signed him up to its new Citroen Junior Team.

For now the 29-year-old Australian is only confirmed as a part of the team for Rally Ireland, but Citroen Sport Technologies Manager Benoit Nogier said he believes the association will go beyond this event - the first of the 2009 season.

Speaking to the Sydney Morning Herald Atkinson said: "This is a wonderful opportunity for me as I will be able to compete against Sebastien Loeb in a similar car and obviously my aim is to be as competitive with him and Dani Sordo as soon as possible."

Back