• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wrecked 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO

Ouch!!!!! I would like to see the pics too... I wonder how long it will take to restore than car?

I was in Paris during the 25th Anniversary reunion of these cars. The event was covered in one of Road & Track's Exotic Cars series magazines. Standing on the Champs-Elysees (sp?), then all the traffic disappeared. I remember wondering why so quiet when a low rumble started getting louder. Eventually, all 39 cars passed slowly, having the entire street to themselves. What a sight, and what a sound. I may never forget that moment.

As for the news of the wreck, I hope the owners heal quickly, and that the car is restored to its rightful perfection.

it was wrecked before in the 70's i think and restored
they will do it again

I think the guy wants to cash it in before the French government go after him with that upcoming 75% income tax if he ever decide to sell it...lol Smart guy.

Here's one from 2008..

250gto_20050701_001.jpg

Hat's off to them for driving something so expensive. Every time you take your car out of the garage you take risk. They have the bank to take a $30M risk. How bad does the guy feel that hit them...:frown:

IF I owned that and had that type of money I'd buy a 2005 NSX to drive, not that car :biggrin:

+1
with that kind of money I would have every year, every color, and 1 automatic LOL

then my full time job would be waxing them daily and drive each one everyday just to keep them alive.

Back