• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Powertrain WTB: Manual Transmission

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking on this site since October last year. When i was finally able to purchase my high school dream car. A Berlina Black NA1.
There is so much info available on here, and so many inspirational pictures, will definitely hang around!

I'm trying to track down a manual gearbox.

Would like to see whats out there, In case someone is wrecking a damaged car, or has a spare gearbox under the bench that they could part with.
I am exploring the 2nd hand route first. And if i can't get any leads, i'll likely have to go new 6 speed route.

Is anyone able to help?
Would consider something that needs a rebuild too.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks everyone for the offers and PMs.

Will flick you an email [MENTION=9710]austrian type-R[/MENTION].
[MENTION=31854]furinax[/MENTION] - Am keen to explore all options. However i think that my account is too new for PM permissions. Can you PM me and i'll email you back?

Thanks Again!

Checking in from NZ. Yes, ATR sent me a MT kit and it all showed up nicely.*

Awesome service and after support. Thanks.

GP where are you located in NZ?

*To be precise the shipping address was marked "Neuseeland", but it showed up in New Zealand all the same ;)

I have a 5 speed that I will be removing later this year.
in perfect working condition. Just upgrading to 6 speed

Thanks [MENTION=27486]DreamPowered[/MENTION].
And thankyou everyone that has commented and messaged me. Looks like I have found a 5 speed to use after giving it a bit of a refresh.
Just what I was after!

Will pop up a project thread when I start the conversion.
[MENTION=5430]drew[/MENTION] Im down in Wellington. Have only seen one other NSX on the road down here. I take it you're in Auckland?

Back