• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yahoo online poll

Just goes to show you how so very few people have any "real time" experience with the NSX. I bet most of those pollsters reaped most of their "experience" from auto magazines performance guides, rather than hands on experience with any of those cars....
Those of us who do have the "hands on" have already placed their votes where they count the most,in the checkbook! Certainly there are those whose particular tastes or style is more suited towards some of the other cars listed,and by all means, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.But the TRUE beauty of the NSX is not listed in the performance guides, it is in the driving experience. And since there are so comparativly few NSX's, not many people have had that experience.Its only natural then that they would base their votes on what they knew,1/4 times, 0-60 and skidpad #'s.....the NSX will always lose in a broad-based vote such as this, straight line performance is not its strong suit.

But as we all know, driving this car is an experience in and of itself.The first time I drove one it BLEW ME AWAY,both my NSX's were trade ups (IMO)from 911's.
And those of you who track your NSX's know that It can run with or beat any or all of those other cars given a tracks particularitys(straights, curves,etc....)

In a way, this "public unawarness"which hurts the NSX in general polls is just another part of what makes owning the NSX special,its rareness.As opposed to general polls,any time Auto magazines have their "best sports car"polls (based on hands on experience) the NSX ALWAYS ranks at or near the top, and trust me, they are aware of the #'s....just goes to show you......theres nothing like experience.

Goldy

I got it to 769....we're getting crushed and I love it!!!!!! Tells me that we are still 'sleepers' after 10 yrs. Gee, I really wish that I'd pass over 15 NSXs on my 4 mile ride to work.......ahem. (ie. Corvette).......Did you detect the sarcasm?

------------------
Pls. visit my site w/ lots of info and pics. It may take a bit to download but it's worth it, I hope @
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

I suppose we can spike the counter to increase the nsx's numbers... however, what's the point. It's a bogus poll. Why, for instance, do they show a picture of the NSX-T when the other three are hardtops? Why does Yahoo bias the poll with a recommendation from Edmunds (Viper)? The Viper? Give me a break. Clearly, it is technologically inferior to the other three. It principally delivers straighline acceleration. It requires a very skilled driver to pilot it through slaloms and in the wet. Edmunds obviously has no more appreciation for sophisticated engineering than a Neanderthal would have of the lingerie at Victoria's Secret.

Maybe Edmunds thinks the NSX is just another Honda?

Originally posted by Jay:
Looks like it's going to be:
1. C5
2. 911
3. Viper
4. NSX

Now, you can see what happens when the government wires all the Middle Schools to the Internet. The Yahoo vote is likely inclunced by all the 14 year olds out there that don't even drive, who just happen to see the recent write-ups on the new C6 vette and wouldn't know a C6 from a C5 if it knocked the off their tricycle.

The 911 is not a bad match in some ways for the NSX in braking and handling. The Viper is good as long as you don't need to do anything but go straight... but in overall balance and performance we all know who the real winner is.
smile.gif
US!

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51 Yellow/Black

Back