• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yellow wide body NSX in San Jose

Saw a yellow wide body NSX, asian guy driving it, looked great, sounded great. Was in Santana Row on Thursday. Did not have a difflow diffuser :(

:p

Glenn

Mr. Yawwn, perhaps?

Attachments

• IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 166
Hi Glenn and Ben,
Yes, that is my car, but it is not me driving it.
I've let a buddy of mine drive it around for the past 1-1/2 months. I think I'll be getting it back from him in a couple of weeks (as he is expecting his first son to be born this month), and get it prepared to sell.

I don't know if you remember me Glenn, but I was the one at the Santana Row difflow meet with the daughter and the purplish blue Porsche 911 Turbo with the Gemballa treatment. It's nice to hear that you're spending some time out here.

See you guys around soon,
J.

Okay, friends, a newbie question: What exactly is a wide body NSX? Is it simply an NSX with aftermarket side skirts and/or fender flares?

Thx, -A

Okay, friends, a newbie question: What exactly is a wide body NSX? Is it simply an NSX with aftermarket side skirts and/or fender flares?

As I understand it, it's any NSX with a widened wheelbase - this is usually accomplished with aftermarket body parts and spacers on the axles. On account of the deeper wheel wells these can also accommodate wider wheels and tires.

The ride and the grip (from my 20 minutes behind the wheel) are pretty unbelievable.

Ben is correct, but oftentimes wheels with different offsets rather than wheel spacers are purchased. I do have forged rear wheels with offsets that match the wider rear fenders, but had to get spacers for the front wheels to be flush with the wider front fenders.

The components which were part of my widebody are:
Front bumper
All four quarterpanels
Side skirts
Rear bumper
Rear wing

Plus the need for non-stock offset wheels. I decided to go +4 in the rears from OEM and +3 in the fronts (18" in the front and 20" in the back).

I'll post some more pics of my car shortly.

Last edited:
As I understand it, it's any NSX with a widened wheelbase - this is usually accomplished with aftermarket body parts and spacers on the axles. On account of the deeper wheel wells these can also accommodate wider wheels and tires.

The ride and the grip (from my 20 minutes behind the wheel) are pretty unbelievable.
wheelbase is not something that one can "widen".
Steve

Back