• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yemen men taking photos of GW bridge from a raft!!

There is an interresting ? you raise as to why the families of 9/11 were given special renumeration.This is only my opinion but I think there was a feeling of failure to adequately protect those citizens from harm.Meaning there is a state and federal duty to reasonably protect our ciizens from acts of war or terrorism.That and the catastrophic nature of the event created those unique sets of circumstances.Does anyone else know what other countries do with famillies of bombing victims such as Israel or now England,or Spain.As far as this racial profiling thing goes it will not stop,and shouldn't be imho, as long as these attacks continue to be commited by young Middle Eastern/Arabic looking men.Anyone who is harrased or detained falsely under this policy has my sympathy.

docjohn said:
There is an interresting ? you raise as to why the families of 9/11 were given special renumeration.This is only my opinion but I think there was a feeling of failure to adequately protect those citizens from harm.Meaning there is a state and federal duty to reasonably protect our ciizens from acts of war or terrorism.

I see. Was anyone fired or impeached?

I guess that "protecting" doesn't extend up to and including locking cockpit doors on airplanes, which would have prevented 9/11. Or maybe they'd have rented their own planes to do it with.

That and the catastrophic nature of the event created those unique sets of circumstances.

And unique circumstances = "large cash award" payola now?

Does anyone else know what other countries do with famillies of bombing victims such as Israel or now England,or Spain.

say, "sorry"?

As far as this racial profiling thing goes it will not stop,and shouldn't be imho, as long as these attacks continue to be commited by young Middle Eastern/Arabic looking men.Anyone who is harrased or detained falsely under this policy has my sympathy.

Obviously, not very much of your sympathy. I mean, not enough to actually do anything about it. It's very easy to be sympathetic when you know that you will never be so detained.

Racial profiling is obviously a valid science. However, at the point things cross into mass detention, it is no longer a precision tool, it is a drift net.

A recent computer model funded by the government, effectively a Terrorism Quotient, had 2 of the 9/11 hijackers in its top 10 of completely analytically-predicted terrorist threats.

Yes, the government is pathetic, incompetent, and laughable. However, the government does not have its own source of income. The rest of We the People paid those large cash awards to the 911 survivors and to the airlines. And, nobody got fired, censured, or impeached.

Insofar as profiling goes, I am all for computer models, which can be vetted by professional statisticians and analysts. This removes as much human bias from the loop as possible and lets the computers crunch the data. Had our government even consulted the top 20 of its list for interviews or additional non-invasive scrutiny, 911 would have been thwarted.

The SOLUTION to these problems is not to swoop down on men in rafts with paramilitary hardware, it is to demand competence and valid reasoning. Our government set upon these Yemenis to make a public statement to us that they are "in charge" and have the situation under control. It is bullshit. When/if the next major attack comes, they will again plead utter ignorance and that "nobody could have predicted this." And, again, they will either be stupid or lying.

I have to agree with Liftshard on most of this, especially the government payoffs to 911 victims/families. While these people have my utmost sympathy, no way in hell should tax dollars go to pay them off. Sorry, no life insurance? Too bad. Many of the people paid off aren't even citizens. IMHO this was nothing more than a vote buying scheme, and a way to try and get Govt failure off of the public's mind.Just like no way in hell tax dollars should go to victims of any other natural or manmade disaster. Low/no interest govt loans - yes, definately. Simple payouts - No Fng way.

liftshard said:
Are you some kind of racist?!? Were these Yemenis up to anything? Or should every Yemeni or person of color expect to be subject to paranoia-induced harassment because of this Brave New World you say we are living in?
The only thing I find offensive about you (other than your tone) is that you are hung up on the racism term. Racism has nothing to do with anything.
4 guys ok!!!! 4 white guys, 4 purpule guys. There was an activity some viewed as possibly suspicious and they reported it. I would do the same thing. If I'm mistaken - then my appologies.

I don't mind listening to someone's point of view - maybe I'll learn something i didn't know or understand before. But your posts (to me anyway) are coming thru too heated and hostile. Good luck - good bye.

Last edited:
Back