• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yet another NSX accident..

At least it wasn't this bad...
Owner incorrectly downshifted to 2nd on I94 :confused: and hit the side of a truck. Both driver and passenger ended up ok.

Attachments

• nsxmeet07.jpg
    nsxmeet07.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Picture_20001.jpg
    Picture_20001.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 184
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Remember the car can be fixed/replaced, as long as the passengers were okay that is what matters.

Yes, I have plenty of experience on car insurance in CA. On both ends of the process.

And yes you are entitled to a "like car". I have personally taken advantage of this.

Drew

The "Drive In Claim Centers" should be avoided wherever possible. It is a much wiser decision to make the other carrier's adjuster go to YOUR body shop of choice to inspect the car. I declined the request to have the rental company see my car anywhere other than at Vince's Auto Body (shameless plug inserted here) who was then able to use the lift and explain to the uninformed adjuster about the difficulties of working with aluminum. My "minor" dent that the other adjuster thought should have been worth $1200 ended up costing approximately $4500.
Yer right, they should be avoided. However, the shop that I am using is very familiar with Allstate and their adjustors. They also have repaired many NSXs and can explain to the ignorant adjustor what it takes to replace and weld aluminum. I merely went to the Drive in service because I was curious to see what they would write. Plus the location was right down the street from my condo. I knew they would need to meet us at the shop at a later date, too.

I can't stand insurance companies. They are only there to collect money. Like Chris Rock says... "isn't insurance for 'incase' shit happens? and if shit never happens, shouldn't I get my money BACK?".

Those pics make me sick to my stomach. Even so, sounds like your excellent defensive driving saved the car from much worse damage...

+1... Go through Allstate. If they have issues giving the supplement check, then go through your insurance company. It will make it easy because they already admit fault and pay your claim.

Let the body shop deal with the rest. It will take 3 weeks. Get a rental through All State.

Glad it didn't look worse!!!

The NSX is one of the few cars where the rear fender can be easily unbolted right off the car. Trying to patch up the rear fender is about as silly as trying to patch up a front fender on one of these cars.

This has happened twice to me now. I hated dealing with the other party's commercial insurance co. I spent weeks of arguing with them. I almost gave up. They did not cover my shop's (The Last Detail) bill. I called my insurance co (Allstate) and they said they would cover the bill if I file a claim but I couldn’t at that point since some work had begun on my car.

I told my shop the insurance situation and they said Allstate wouldn’t cover the bill either based on their past experiences with them so I was in a lose-lose situation. I would have to cover the difference no matter whom I went through since I elected to go to a shop that charges a higher hourly rate. (worth it though IMO).

BTW, even if Allstate recovers the money from the at-fault other party’s insurance co, it’s still considered a claim against me. I’ve been told this repeatedly by Allstate.

Jim- This is exactly my point that some others don't understand. Your rates will go up, regardless of fault. That's how they make their money.

I too called The Last Detail in North Chicago. Their work is excellent, but their prices are astronomical. They don't work well with ins. companies, especially Allstate. That's one of the reasons that I went to Schaumburg Auto Body: They are good at dealing with Allstate and have experience in repairing the NSX.

I appreciate the concern on everyone's part. I'll keep you posted on new developments, as I'm sure their will be a few wrinkles:wink:

Jim- This is exactly my point that some others don't understand. Your rates will go up, regardless of fault. That's how they make their money.

It may be different in IL.

In CA your rates don't go up. Well, at least my rates haven't gone up for making comprehensive claims on my cars due to damage done by others (I'm not sure, but the CA Insurance Commission may have made it illegal for Ins co's to raise rates on comprehensive claims). When someone else does damage to my car, I claim comprehensive, not collision, since I didn't cause the accident/damage. That was the advice my insurance company gave to me. I just pay my $250 comprehensive deductible and its fixed. Rates haven't gone up.

---------------------------

Again, sorry to hear about the accident. Please keep us posted and hope all works out well for you.

yeah, but they can (and sometimes do) raise your premiums for comp claims. don't be surprsied if it does happen one day. hell, they can raise the rates for no reason.

i hate insurance companies. it's not really "insurance" if you have to think about making a claim.

haha,

djdrock is simply saying all insurance companies are rip off, non of them are reputable...I happen to completely agree with him.

I hope you understand the definition of an oxymoron. He isn't calling you a moron.

Re: Yet another NSX accident....UPDATE

Update: Allstate is paying for everything. It will be done correctly by experienced NSX folks. Cost to Allstate will be around $4-$5k. Car will be done by Wed.

djdrock: Looks like you were incorrect with your assesment of Allstate not being reputable.

vsy05: Thanks for the education on what the term "oxymoron" means. Turns out they are reputable, at least from the standpoint of paying for a claim that their insured was 100% responsible for.

Thanks to all for the input. I can't wait to get out of the Kia Rio that I'm driving....:wink:

Back