• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Youngest NSX driver here?

I'm not sure if this topic has been posted before or not, but it seems there're many 20 something NSX drivers here. I for one, 21 years old and I got my NSX when I was 20. Anyone else?

i'm gunna be the youngest NSX owner damn it! at 16
smile.gif
(15 now, praying to god that i get a good job over the summer and the NASDAQ goes up!).......just 1-2 more years.......

[This message has been edited by M5150 (edited 23 November 2000).]

Holy sh!t! We got some really young NSX owners here. I found out many kids at age 16 or 17 drive Supras from the Supra forum.
Now I'm impressed that we have some teenagers drive NSX here! Not too shabby!

Damn...and I thought I was young getting my NSX at 27. Now I feel old! Thanks a lot!

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 23 November 2000).]

I'm 24. However, this is my 5th car that is worth over 40K. I'd like to know what some of yall do for a living?

I'm in software. I've been selling and managing since I was about 18.

Got my money from the stock market when you could make ridiculous money from any internet or tech stock. Luckily, I pulled out at the right time and still never got back in.

I'm 22 ... bought my first NSX this past summer...

I'm a UNIX administrator for an internet provider...Taught myself everything I know about computers.. I'm the only one i know that owns a car that comes anywhere near the quality of the NSX... and also just bought a house in august! My friends keep asking me "What kind of car is nexT? You have an ultimate car already!" I told them a newer NSX then a Ferrari!

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
I bought mine when I was 29 and would've bet that I was the youngest to earn the money and buy the car on my own with my own credit, etc.... Apparently, I would have lost the bet
smile.gif
Unless, there are some story tellers
smile.gif

You are way off, I know a guy in the NSX club and earn all his money. at age of 24-25, he has the following cars within 18 months: a new 1999 NSXT, a 1994 SC NSX (30K in mods), a 1992 SC NSX (45K in mods), 98 F355 F1, 97 M3 with mods, 01 S2000, 2000 Lexus RX300, 00 Celica GTS, 01 M3 coming. Also 3 sets of 17" F x 18" R rims in that time frame. This guy earns my respect big time, very private, no need to be showing off to others. This guy is a car nut for sure. After knowing, I learned alot able being humble. BTW, When I accused him of being crazy about cars his answer was, " I am under control, I bought a used NSX but I could buy a McLaren F1 or F50 if I wanted to by writing a check". Anyway, he would have alot more cars if he was not getting an ear full from his significant other. Also he thinks he is a small fish in a big pond.

If he is a small fish in a big pond, I must be outside the pond trying to get in. Also trust me, there are some bigger fish than him on the list, they are older but also very private and humble.

There was a guy in my area driving NSX when he was 16 (got the car right after he got his driver's license) and he crashed it after few months driving. When he turned 17, his dad bought him a yellow Lotus Esprit V8 turbo. This guy installed an Apexi boost controller to the Lotus and he fuvked up the turbo on the Lotus TWICE. As a result, he sold the Lotus and planned to get a Ferrari 355. I don't know if he got the 355 or not, but I do know he got a Yamaha R1 for sure.

I can thank the success of the Crash Bandicoot video games for helping make my '00 NSX purchase a possibility.

I've been working professionally in the game industry since graduating high school in 1990, but it took a few hit games and a lot of savings to turn my dream into a reality. In fact, when I purchased my NSX (in March) I was still driving the '88 Celica that was handed-down to me as a college graduation gift.

To think, there are NSX owners who were born AFTER Star Wars came out...scary!

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 24 November 2000).]

23 here...work in the microprocessor industry, got my NSX in July, Graduated from college in May.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

Bought and paid off my 92 this year at the age of 26 working as a mechanical engineering consultant. My next car will be an F355 coupe. I hope to buy & pay that off by the age of 90.. House is next!

[This message has been edited by Lee (edited 24 November 2000).]

I bought my NSX last May just 2 months after I turned 20. And as with 19InchNSx MY DAD DID NOT PAY FOR THE CAR. That irritates the CRAP out of me. #1 Everyone thinks my parents bought me the dang car. Some of you younger guys might know "The Look". And #2 What really bothers me is guys who are my age who own NSX/Ferrari's/Lotus' that DIDNT pay for them. They dont seem to appreciate the cars for what they are, Beautiful handcrafted works of art. In any case, sorry for blathering so much. Some things really pull the trigger for me..

I am 28 and paid cash. I thought I was a fairly young owner until looking at some of these other posts. I work for Level One Communications, a communications semiconductor company, which was bought by Intel. BTW, have never vested a stock option, so I did not even have to leaverage the upside of the Intel purchase to get my NSX.

NormRD, do you work for AMD? Private me if you are interested in the comm space!

[This message has been edited by '98 NSX-T (edited 25 November 2000).]

I bought my 1997 Yellow NSX-T about 17 months ago.I was 25 years old(and I thought I was young). But now I'm thinking about selling it for something else.I don't drive this car enough-only 9,100 miles.

I got my NSX last week... I am 50.

It seems I saved up for it for as long as you are old.

The only redeeming factor I can think of is that my NSX is younger than yours
smile.gif

------------------
nsx1
2000 Yellow/Black/6-sp #172
http://www.nsx1.com

[This message has been edited by nsx1 (edited 25 November 2000).]

I'm 19 with no job, a $2,500 car, and a deep, deep, desire for an NSX.

Can I have a $50k no-interest loan with 20 years to pay it off?
wink.gif

I bought myself a Silver NSX for my 25th birthday recently, and it was the nicest thing I have ever gotten myself for my birthday
wink.gif

I bought mine for myself when I turned 24.

I am a founder/partner of a multimedia Internet services firm: www.choiceinternet.com.

I only make a decent living so I financed mine. I'll buy a 360 the day I become a multimillionaire.
smile.gif
I have another car that I race which is pretty heavily modified. I also had a truck at one point but having three vehicles was a useless hassle.

I got my NSX when I was 22. Just turned 23 this month.

I have been working as a web developer writing code for about 4 1/2 years now. I moved to Silicon Valley with $500, but the industry has been good to me since then. I'm just following my dreams.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by kenjiMR (edited 27 November 2000).]

Back