• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zaino application question

I used Zaino for the first time about 1 month ago, did the whole dawn, z7, claybar, z7, polish loc, z5, z5, z2. It was my first try so it didn't come out as well as I would have liked. I have swirl marks that I never got out. I'd like to use Mcguires swirl remover, but I'm not sure what order to do stuff in. Do I need to use dawn again? Do I need to use polish loc again?
Thanks
Mike

------------------
1994 Red/Black NSX #418
Forums Nazi Groupie

Mike,

You didn't say if the swirl marks were there before you used the Zaino or not.

If they were there prior to Zainoing I would say to either keep using the Z5 for awhile. I used the Z5 on my black NSX for about a year before switching over to Z2.

If the swirls are too stubborn you might need to move to something more aggressive like 3M scratch and swirl remover. I would do that and then use the Z5 until it gleams.

Of course if the swirls only appeared AFTER you applied the Zaino then.....

You used too much product.

The trickiest part of applying Zaino is figuring out where you've applied it because you've applied so little of it.

If this is the case, then do not use Dawn again. It will not remove Zaino.

I would use try the following...

Use the Z6 spray gloss enhancer per instructions and see if that helps. If it does (and it should) then you might want to try another application of the Z6 the next time you wash the car.

The next time you Zaino the car I would stick with the Z5 for awhile (like I mentioned above), until you're happy with the shine. Then move on to the Z2.

You only need to use the Z1 Polish Lok once or twice a year. However if I were you, I'd switch over to the ZFX. It's amazing stuff and then you forget about the Z1 entirely. You just mix a few drops of ZFX with either Z2 or Z5 and that's it.

Hope this helps!

Happy Zainoing.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

I agree with Jimbo 100%... it depends fully on weither the swirls are in the clearcoat, or in the zaino. If they are in the zaino then Jimbo's advice is what you should follow, if they were there before you put the zaino on read this http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004973.html it should have the info you need to get a general idea on how to get rid of them. let me know if you have questions

Thanks guys, I'll give z5 a shot, but lets say it in the clear coat. Will the Mcguires swirl remover work straight away or do I need to get the zaino off? Once I use the swirl remover can I put z5 right back on again or do I need to do something else first.
Thanks
Mike

Back