• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi #29 JH4NA212XXT000156

So someone buys a zanardi for $70k and turns around and sells it on ebay for $75k?! Wow that person doesnt care about the gem he/she just bought, and only wants to make a quick profit. That's kinda sad actually, i wish i could afford it...:frown:

Nope its the same dealership now wishing to capitalize on its rarity...:wink:

Ok so here is the story

I called yesterday to purchase the car and i was told it was sold. I requested that they call me if the buyer did not complete the transaction

I received a call this am from the owner of the dealership that the buyer had until 11:00 central today to wire the deposit ( one hour to go or would lose the car).

At 11:10 central today I was told that the buyer had completed the transfer and the car was sold.

I would like to be the first to congratulate whoever purchased this car. If you are reading this, I would love just for grins sake to hear youn account of th last 24 hours to see if what I was told matches what you were told

Regardless congrats and merry Christmas

It's just sad to see how few miles this car has. As a car lover, it's just heart breaking to see a garage queen like this not being used for it's intended purpose.

And for what? The owner kept this vehicle locked away driving less then one mile a day on average only to sell it for a substantial loss (staggering including inflation) ten years later.

It just goes to show you, never, never, ever treat cars as investments. By the time your car has any reasonable and worthwhile appreciate in value, we will all probably be six feet under. Enjoy the cars while they are here and you are healthy.

Fixin' for a (new) ~$75k ride?

For shizz-&-gigglez...

Here's what ~$75k pre-TTL will buy you here-&-now:

2011 Porsche Cayman S/R/Black-Edition (moderate/well equipped)

2011 Lotus Evora (light/moderate equipped)

2011 Lotus Exige S240/S260 (light/moderate equipped)

2011 Chevrolet C6 Corvette (moderate/well equipped)

2011 Audi S5 coupe (well equipped)

2011 BMW M3 coupe/convertible (moderate/well equipped)

2011 BMW 640i 3.0L coupe (base-model/no-options)

2011 Mercedes E-class E350/E550 convertible (light/moderate equipped)

[2011: Dodge Viper, Nissan GT-R, Jaguar XK-coupe, Mercedes Benz SL, etc all cost significantly more than ~$75k, thus omitted from above list]

1999 NSX-coupe, Zanardi-edition, ~3.8k miles

This Zanardi seems to be in a league of it's own, if looked upon this way ("I have ~$75k pre-TTL to spend, and I want a new high-performance sports car/coupe!").

Obvious intangibles going for the Zanardi not mentioned but self-evident relative to others listed above: incomparable level of reliability/dependability, Honda-like running costs for maintenance/service & repair/replacement, miniscule depreciation relative to selling-price even if driven/used, high demand/desirability for years-to-come.

What I'm truly curious about - what this/similar Zanardi w/ would be going for in 5 years w/ 5k-6k miles -or- 25k-30k miles -or- 45k-50k miles (driven 500 miles/year or 5k miles/year or 10k miles/year, starting off w/ <5k miles presently & a current "worth" of ~$75k)!

Last edited:
75k would easily buy you a used GTR. Just sold my 2010 for a few k under 70k with 8800 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I am surprised how many NSX owners do not feel that the Zanardi is the Holy Grail of NSXs here in the USA. We can't get Type R's or S's here so this is the one to own if you have the financial ability. You won't lose on this car if you hold onto it and don't mod it or rack up too many miles.

I would definately put a clear bra on it to reduce the stone chips and also put some different seats and floor mats in it so I didn't wear out the originals. IMHO that is all I would do with this car besides drive and enjoy it on special occasions.

Anil's build is the holy grail of nsx's for most of us. True 02 coupe with a stroker motor. Add itb's and good bbk + lighter wheels and you have reached the pinnacle- at least for me. Bit more than even this zanardi though. ;) zanardis can easily be outperformed by mild mods but they are definitely collectibles.

Ok so here is the story

I called yesterday to purchase the car and i was told it was sold. I requested that they call me if the buyer did not complete the transaction

I received a call this am from the owner of the dealership that the buyer had until 11:00 central today to wire the deposit ( one hour to go or would lose the car).

At 11:10 central today I was told that the buyer had completed the transfer and the car was sold.

I would like to be the first to congratulate whoever purchased this car. If you are reading this, I would love just for grins sake to hear youn account of th last 24 hours to see if what I was told matches what you were told

Regardless congrats and merry Christmas

I wanted to buy it also. I was given the same details as you were and they would call me after 1100. So the way I see it, at least three people were willing to buy it within 24 hours. Based on supply and demand, the car was under-priced!

Bob

I went and took a look at it today. It looked to be in great condition. FYI, it sold to the first caller within the first hour or two it was listed.

Although, it would out perform my '05, I would not trade my Imola for it. Even though the Zanardi is rare, the red is just too common for me.

I wanted to buy it also. I was given the same details as you were and they would call me after 1100. So the way I see it, at least three people were willing to buy it within 24 hours. Based on supply and demand, the car was under-priced!

Bob

Agreed. I've been away from Prime for a bit but was kinda following this tread. To me, $85k to Original MSRP seemed like a fair deal. This is the last and only oppurtunity to purchase the holy grail of NSX's, IMO of course. A true collector car and an awesome addition to any collection. Nice buy for someone.

Back