• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

zymol carbon????

i have a container of zymol carbon and a spa yellow nsx.i read carbon is good on yellow but not sure of procedure.can someone please explain in detail how to use this stuff i know its good but definatly not a normal wax....thanks!!

------------------

First of all, Carbon is not Zymol's best wax product for a yellow NSX. Carbon is designed for dark-colored American and European cars. A better choice would be either their NSX wax (designed for the NSX, but not very easy to work with) or their Japon wax (designed for Japanese cars). Carbon will work, but if you ever run out, you might want to consider getting Japon instead. (It may take a long time to run out because you use so little each time you do the car.)

The following instructions appear on Zymol's website for their waxes:

"1. Wash and dry the car using Zymöl Clear Auto Bathe.

2. HD-Cleanse the surface to assure 100% wax bonding.

3. Using the Zymöl Wax Applicator, apply a small amount of wax onto a 2’x2’ surface in an even coat with side-to-side motions.

4. Using a Zymöl Towel or Micro-Wipe™, slowly wipe the wax in the opposite direction once with light pressure to assure a uniform coverage. Wait 20-30 seconds.

5. Turn your towel and, with no pressure, dust the surface briskly to set and crystallize the Carnauba to a deep shine.

Let the wax cure for 30-45 minutes.

Note: Zymöl wax is designed to provide maximum results with minimum product application. Apply small amounts of Zymöl wax for each application.

Caution: Do not allow any Zymöl wax to entirely dry before wiping."

Other tips:

Step 1 is just washing the car (and you can use any brand of car wash for it).

Step 2 is very important if you've never done it before.

On Step 3, use a very thin coat. If you're not sure how much you're supposed to use, you're probably using too much.

Don't work on your car in bright sunlight, which can cause the wax to dry before you've buffed it off.

I'm sure you'll be very happy with the results - Zymol makes your car look like a new car sitting in the dealer showroom!

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 22 November 2001).]

I use Japon wax on my car,after buffing it the first time I let it set for about an hour and then use a towel to buff it out agian and then I roll it out into the sun, it seems to make it a lot smoother. I'm really happy with the results. Great wax

------------------
Joseph Gavazza
99 White/blk NSX
92 Lexus LS400
01 VW GTI VR6

[This message has been edited by NorCalwhite (edited 23 November 2001).]

I have never used the Carbon stuff. I currently have and use both the NSX wax and Japon wax. I have had great results using both these waxes but the NSX wax if far better IMO, lasts longer, buffs better. Lots of work and pretty expensive stuff (gotta pay for those 3 letteres I guess). Either one lasts longer than Mcguires products (McGuires make good stuff too just doesn't seem to last)..

Based entirely on posts on this forum I plan to buy and try the all the zanio stuff next time I buy wax and see if I am wow'ed by it.

hgunner
91 NSX blk/blk

Back