• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dear Santa, toys for my NA2 White NSX ~ :)

Besides my delivery thread, I have not really taken any pics of the NSX since I bought the car from another prime member. The car has been a real test of patience since pretty much any mods you do to the car take 1-3 months to get so this will be my "Diary" of modifications I do to the NSX.

This car will be a move away from my past cars as I have elected not to touch the audio / electronics of this car even though this is my 2nd profession.

Due to the rarity and clean nature of this ride, I will only be doing clean add-ons that do not require drilling or any un-reversable harm to the car. Special thanks to all the Prime members for their useful information as I do research for this car. I can tell I will be a NSX owner for a long time!

First step since I got the car was an appointment with Premier to do a full clear bra on the vehicle. I had the entire front end custom wrappeed and the full hood was also wrapped so there are no unsightly lines on the car. With the front Acura badge removed, I took this opportunity to add a JDM Red Honda Badge (thanks Erick!) I also removed the rear Acura badge but prefer the clean look out back so no badges in the rear.

here is a shot of the clean baseline of the car in it's stock form:
IMG_1235.jpg

7/2/08: UPS delivered my Bride Red Stradia Sport in yummy Carbon Kevlar!

I picked up the super hard to find NSX specific Bride RO rails from another forum member so they are in my garage waiting. I have not decided if I want a matching passenger seat or go with a more comfortable Bride EURO II seat as I did in the s2000.

IMG_2703.jpg

Stay tuned for updates,
rick

Hey Rick- those Brides are too hot (my first choice BTW)! You're right though, your clean white NSX doesn't need much in terms of mods - it's perfect.

But as a guy who enjoys modding cars as a project, it'll be hard to resist. Coming home to see a package at my front door is like Christmas time for me. Anyways, I have a feeling your ride's about to transform into something amazing.

Staying tuned...

what a clean NSX .. dude ,, nice job!
I am happy for you, keep us updated, and about the H badges: NICEEEEE!
Oscar

Spent last night weighing the seats and without the rail it showed 26.6 lbs which is quite honestly a bit heavier than I expected. After you add the rails and seat buckles I'm guessing I'll be around 30 lbs so if the stock seats weighed about 37-38 lbs according to slownsxt, I'll save about 7-8 lbs.

But I did this mod not for weight savings but rather headroom and looks. I think these seats are simply stunning in person and can't wait to try them out in the car. I know they will fit well since I already test fitting my black stradia sport (from my s2k) in this car prior to buying this red carbon kevlar seat.

I will be installing the single seat this weekend and decide if I want another same seat or go for a Bride EURO II for the passenger side for more comfort.

enjoy the pics,
rick

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2127.jpg

I really like the shot of the car you took with all the lids and trunk open. That's a good pic. Imagine photographing a top view of the NSX with the new seats installed and the targa roof off. Simply clean and beautiful.

Update: July 5th, took the car for it's first spin with the new seats last night....this is the perfect driving position if you are 6'2, 175 lbs! I gained 2" of headroom but sacrificed nothing else :)

I snapped these in my garage but you can see the difference in seat height. The Bride RO rails are direct bolt in and literally keep the seat flat on the floorboards with no compromise. I did not have to cut or modify anything and everything is just bolt on.

Check out the seat height difference in this pic:
IMG_2161.jpg

Aerial shot with the t-top removed shows perfect position adjusted for me:
IMG_2164.jpg

I love the carbon kevlar poking out when the door is open or visible when hatch is open through small rear window
IMG_2163.jpg

here you can see the oem bolt holes using factory bolts
IMG_2162.jpg

Just have to decide which red seat to do for the passenger side now to complete the interior
IMG_2160.jpg

enjoy
rick

Yes the red m&M is my co-pilot on most roadtrips - he does not put any wear/tear on the factory OEM leather seat :biggrin:

Now on the hunt for a Bride EURO II Passenger seat if anyone has tips on one.

rick

red BRIDES on a GPW NSX .....

FTMFW x 9999999

...... I am no big fan of white NSX's but for some reason any 02+ white NSX looks .. "just right" ....
OScar

Rick- I believe you've achieved the correct height position for those Brides. I've unfortunately learned the hard way- always buy the rails before the seats. Looking good...

why dont you just put another kevlar stradia for the passenger? it will look alot clean than mismatched seats

car is sick in white though

Rick- I believe you've achieved the correct height position for those Brides. I've unfortunately learned the hard way- always buy the rails before the seats. Looking good...

I could not have gotten those rails without your help - it's invaluable to have the matching rails FIRST I agree! I love the new seat arrangement and it's a PERFECT fit for a 6'2 guy like myself. I will show you the car at the next meet.

My other RO rail is now waiting for the "MO" cross beams so I can use it with the EuroII Seat. I can't wait to try it out!

fullracehonda: I could easily pick up a matching seat but my g/f hates having to "lower" herself into the car so don't want to subject her or my other passengers to this type of entry habit.

The Stradia Sport does have lower side bolstes than the full race GIAS but it's by no means a low bolter that you can swing your hip to slide into!

rick

Well today I was up bright and early to go to Apple store near my house to pick up an iPhone. Walk into the mall and didn't see that many people thinking, this should be easy. Wrap the corner and saw a huge line that wrapped around the Apple store across Nordstrom and all the way past the GAP store! Guess I'm not getting the phone today but decided to make good use of the empty parking lot and did a mini photoshoot......:biggrin:

Still waiting on my damn wheels and a few other parts but it's starting to look better!

enjoy
rick

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2192.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

Looks great Rick. The mods are coming along quit well. Dont forget when your ready to sell, look me up first!

I would add the NSX-R spoiler if I was you... Are you thinking about that?

Shawn

Looks great Rick. The mods are coming along quit well. Dont forget when your ready to sell, look me up first!

I would add the NSX-R spoiler if I was you... Are you thinking about that?

Shawn

Shawn, I will only do mods that do not require any drilling or permanent mods to the car. I have been thinking about the rear CF spoiler since it's direct bolt on. I luv the NSX-R hood but no room to keep the stock hood if removed so debating. I also like the white headlights but..........

For now the exterior is done, just going to enjoy the car and finish off my passenger red seat and BBK's once it's ready.

rick

Sounds good Rick.

The hood, how about hanging the OEM one on the ceiling in the garage, on hangers. If you do it right above the garage door so when it open you hardly see the hood. It takes up useless space that would never get used. Just an idea.

Are you thinking about the red OEM carpet,steering wheel and shift knob?

Shawn

Last edited:
Rick, I saw you on the way back from Valley Fair on I-880 N this morning.

I see we have similar taste in seats. In my GPW NSX I have a pair of Bride Low Max GIAS in carbon kevlar. In a car like the NSX, I would really match the seats by having a pair of them instead of just one. Mixing and matching takes away from the clean nature of the mods in my opinion. Either way, good choice. Being 6 feet tall and 176 lbs., I share the joy of the additional headroom gained with these seats, and the snugness of them. One of the best seats I have ever sat in.

I see we have similar taste in seats. In my GPW NSX I have a pair of Bride Low Max GIAS in carbon kevlar. In a car like the NSX, I would really match the seats by having a pair of them instead of just one. Mixing and matching takes away from the clean nature of the mods in my opinion. Either way, good choice. Being 6 feet tall and 176 lbs., I share the joy of the additional headroom gained with these seats, and the snugness of them. One of the best seats I have ever sat in.

thanks for the info - I'm going to try the EURO II first and if don't like it, will sell it and go for the Stradia - I already know how that feels and looks so no rush.

Any pics of your setup?

rick

s4 what are u doing with your OEM seats? :D

(off topic WOOT hit my 1,500th post! lol)

Last edited:
Back