• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I Am Finally One Of The Lucky NSX Owners

I actually had to wipe away a tear today as I drove home in my 1991 NSX. I've been dreaming of them for many years and waiting on just the right one to come along. I found it, and here in Hawaii already. I can't get enough of it already.
I couldn't be more grateful to own such an amazing car. I have a 2003 BMW M3 that's making 500whp, and I am already starting to sell it off in parts now that I have an NSX.
Thanks Prime for answering all of my questions and posts over the past few years. I hope to now return the favor and be a contributing owner to the threads.

Awesome, how exciting!

Welcome to the world of NSX ownership :cool:

Anticipating some pictures.

congrats on your purchase, im happy for you. I am VERY curious to see what my emotion level will be when that day finally comes for me as well. Post pictures and enjoy, enjoy, and then enjoy some more.

Thank you everyone. Here's the details. THe pics below are from the show where I first saw the car. I'll post more later. It's a 1991 with 83,000 miles. Mods include
ENGINE
Taitec Headers
Taitec GT006 lightweight Exhaust
Taitec test pipes
SOS big bore throttle body
ARC induction box
Procar carbon intake tube
Polished Alternator
Cantrell Studios Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
Dali Racing Polished Coolant Tank
ARC Oil Cap
Dali Racing Polished Injector Covers
Dali Racing Polished Coil Covers
Dali Racing Polished Fuse Box Cover
Dali Racing Polished A+B Wiring Covers
Dali Racing Polished Alternator Cover
Powder Coated Valve Covers
NA2-R Intake manifold cover
NA2-R Intake manifold cover plate
Polished Throttle Body Cover
SFS Silicone Coolant hoses
J's racing magnetic oil plug

DRIVETRAIN
SOS Street Strip Clutch (about 1000 miles ago.)
Nsx-R Final Drive 4.23
NSX-R Upgraded differential.

Front Bay
Chrome Finish Radiator Brackets
SoS Polished Fuse Box Covers
SoS Polished Relay Box Covers
SoS Polished Fluid Reservoir Covers
Anodized Radiator Duct
Carbon Fiber Radiator Duct Panel

SUSPENSION
Tein flex monotube
carbnig strut bar
Dali Racing Sway bars

Brakes
Front 6pot/piston project mu with 355mm rotors.

WHEELS
Wedsport SA-55m's
18x9 +30 215-35-18 fk452
19x10 +15 225-35-19 fk452

INTERIOR
SOS short steering wheel hub
Works bell quick release
Works bell flipper
Momo tuner
Nsx-r Horn button
Black interior conversion
Perforated leather seats
nsx-r shift boot
Mugen shift knob
Suede wrapped door panels
Custom Marbleized Center console and door trim pieces

I.C.E
Alpine iva-w205 Multimedia Headunit
Infinity perfect 6.5 component speakers
10w1 Jl audio sub in foot well enclosure
Alpine mrd-450 amp
Optima Yellow Top

EXTERIOR
OEM 2002+ Front Bumper Conversion
OEM 2002+ HID Headlights Conversion 6000k
OEM 2002+ Rear Valence Conversion
Downforce nsx-r hood
Downforce nsx-r diffuser
GT-ONE N1 lip spoiler
GT-ONE N1 sideskirts with door panels
NA2-R Taillights+ center piece
Tracysports NSX-R wing
Marga Hills Side Skirts

nsx1.jpg

nsx2.jpg

nsx3.jpg

nsx4.jpg

Well man, congratulations. Long time since I talked to you on the M3 forums. Nice set of mods, I am sure it was a deal. You just saved yourself a lot of money with these mods.

Well man, congratulations. Long time since I talked to you on the M3 forums. Nice set of mods, I am sure it was a deal. You just saved yourself a lot of money with these mods.

Thanks. I'm going to keep the car as is for awhile except maybe swap out one of the stereos. I'm considering a Lovefab rebuild and turbo in the future, but I'm going to take my time and enjoy it as it is before I make any quick decisions on Forced Induction. I love the 600hp I have in my m3, but I'm selling it so I'm going to see if I really miss the power before I do anything else to the car.

hoooooly crap ... it's beautiful (0_0)

I bet you have a hard time convincing people this is a 91 haha :biggrin:

I don't know about the canards but the rest of it is well done.

Congratulations. So you bought this car huh. Nice buy. We need to all plan another get together soon for those new owners and those that couldn't make it out last time.

WOAH!! That car is EPIC!! :eek::eek:

I would keep the car naturally aspirated. Why? Because when you go forced induction, you lose that special 'NSX sound' that the engine and intake make when accelerating through VTEC. After driving both turbo and supercharged NSXs, that missing special 'NSX sound' is reason enough for me to keep my car naturally aspirated. Without that 'NSX sound' it is just any other fast car to me. Something to think about. Congrats on a beautiful car though.

By the way, I am a two time M3 owner too. :)

Last edited:
I agree with Mitch, plus I don't think there are many stretches of empty road on the island where you can go super fast anyway.

Sweet ride you got there. I wouldn't call it lucky, If anything you earned it! Lucky that it was all hook up nice and clean :eek:

WOAH!! That car is EPIC!! :eek::eek:

I would keep the car naturally aspirated. Why? Because when you go forced induction, you lose that special 'NSX sound' that the engine and intake make when accelerating through VTEC. After driving both turbo and supercharged NSXs, that missing special 'NSX sound' is reason enough for me to keep my car naturally aspirated. Without that 'NSX sound' it is just any other fast car to me. Something to think about. Congrats on a beautiful car though.

By the way, I am a two time M3 owner too. :)

But supercharger whine is just as nice.

But supercharger whine is just as nice.

In any other car I would agree. I really wanted to add power a few years ago, so I drove one with the CTSC and was sad that the 'NSX sound' was almost totally muted. So I kept it all natural. :)

In any other car I would agree. I really wanted to add power a few years ago, so I drove one with the CTSC and was sad that the 'NSX sound' was almost totally muted. So I kept it all natural. :)

+1 While the additional HP is a bonus, the SC car I drove didn't do it for me in the audible department, its just different and each to their own

Big Congrats and welcome to NSX's! Great looking NSX byt the way! Enjoy:smile:

I'm generally not loving this increasing trend you see on the streets of just about any car going with the darker rims, particularly the matte black finish. But with the black top, spoiler, side mirrors, front lip and yes, even the clever smoky black look on the front turn signals, these black rims rock on this white beauty. Congrats!

I have a supercharger and the OEM sound is better. I just wouldn't give up the power for it. The OEM car with an intake scoop and filter is just perfect...

Back