• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 GPW w/20k miles----> Is it the one?

So was that GPW rough as described in the other thread? Who knows it might go up for sale again

I'd say no it was not as rough as described, though I didn't get to fully inspect it as the seller decided he hadn't put enough miles on it and it was time to enjoy it some more. He had quite a collection and wasn't in a hurry from the getgo to sell it anyway. Said the NSX was the finest driver's car he'd ever owned.

It looked good in person like the pictures in the start of the thread suggest. I've never sat in one that looked, smelled, and felt so new inside, short of the very small bolster rub area. Time machine comes to mind. The "issues" in the 2009 thread were probably overblown as pbassjo suggested. This picture from the 2009 thread of supposed bad repaint:

attachment.php

is probably how many of your NSX's also look - here's a picture of a different GPW from California, another low-mile few-owner pampered NSX. Click for larger view...

013.jpg

Funny, that ragged edge on the CA NSX caught my eye too back in September and knowing how the owner had taken care of it, I figured it was just a normal manufacturing artifact. I'd been waiting to see another GPW to see if it looked similar...

Also, for the supposed bodywork underneath and signs of paint from the 2009 thread:

attachment.php

I took a few photos myself and saw the same thing but on both sides of the car behind the front wheels.... PHOEN$X helped with a few pix of his red '92. Suggests that this overspray is another normal manufacturing thing, to me at least:

click for larger views

IMG_0976.jpg IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg IMG_0980.jpg

As for the rest from 2009 - the rear trunklid fit just fine, perhaps the 2009 shots were with the car on the lift like pbassjo suggested. Also the current owner installed a comptech exhaust and I saw the OEM exhaust on a carpet in the garage with the slight dimple on the heat shield, looked like no big deal.

Figured that sharing this detail about likely manufacturing variations might be interesting trivia to some, but also wanted to open the door to clear some potentially/likely undeserved bad press on this one.

Owner was a good guy and realized he wasn't ready to let go, and just probably also had his fill of tire kickers. He was willing to let someone come do a PPI on his lift but had reservations about letting the car go off anywhere. He didn't say this but afterwards I had the thought that possibly that could also have been to keep the miles under 19,999 while he was still marketing it... I told him I'll look forward to bringing my eventual GPW by to let the two of them play together in the yard.

As for the OP's LBBP - probably the other cleanest NSX I'd ever seen, at least from thru the showroom window. I didn't bother to waste the time of the salespeople to go in and take a closer look when I first saw it a few months ago. But it did look super clean. Maybe the second cleanest I'd ever seen, after this GPW above. :)

This is a really great picture BTW:

IMG_0411_zpsfb032163.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying this one. A very informitive post on the questionable GPW, Thanks Yinzer.

To the OP, congradulations on your NSX purchase, beautiful car!

Yinzer, yours will come. Perhaps this guy will be ready to let go again sooner than you think. ;)

Thanks everyone, and thank you for the informative details of the car-Yinzer. Like I said in my previous post, if only I was a bit closer to the GPW, I would of check it out myself and maybe the outcome would of been different. But it is what it is. lol
Lets hope he changes his mind and let her go in the near future for you to own.

As for me, I am very happy with my purchase. Yes, the car looks mint, and she drives flawless:smile: We took a two hour road trip today and dropped her off @ Larry B. (for inspection and replacing TB, WP and all fluids flushed).
IMG_0013_zpsb386e521.jpg

IMG_0019_zps1c4e2ad2.jpg

IMG_0016_zpsf76555e5.jpg

IMG_0026_zpsb324a24a.jpg

IMG_0028_zps80d66de0.jpg

By the way did you get to learn whether the car was from Pittsburgh or if it came from out of town? That particular Porsche dealership is I think owned by a wealthy steel industry old-money Pittsburgher. I think he still houses some of his cars at the dealership building which used to be a car museum. The upper showroom has recently housed a Ford GT, Spyker, GT3, some older 80's/90's Ferraris...so it could be that an out of towner traded his NSX for something unique.

interesting link

Your car - or at least the glovebox - was at NSXPO 2006, wonder if any pictures of it exist. Just curious if it was in Pittsburgh all this time.

Edit-two older threads on this car:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/166071-Virgin-2005-LBBP-with-blue
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ricing-and-Other-Advice?p=1625979#post1625979

Last edited:
Congratulations on your purchase. Big price difference but a very personal choice decision. Like the different views from folks to get you thinking. But for me I would have bought neither for many reasons. I'll give you 2 just for laughs 1. much prefer pop up versus froggy lights 2. has to be a Targa.

92 GPW w/20k miles----> Is it the one?

By the way did you get to learn whether the car was from Pittsburgh or if it came from out of town? That particular Porsche dealership is I think owned by a wealthy steel industry old-money Pittsburgher. I think he still houses some of his cars at the dealership building which used to be a car museum. The upper showroom has recently housed a Ford GT, Spyker, GT3, some older 80's/90's Ferraris...so it could be that an out of towner traded his NSX for something unique.

interesting link

Your car - or at least the glovebox - was at NSXPO 2006, wonder if any pictures of it exist. Just curious if it was in Pittsburgh all this time.

Edit-two older threads on this car:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/166071-Virgin-2005-LBBP-with-blue
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ricing-and-Other-Advice?p=1625979#post1625979

According to the CarFax, this is a Florida car.

I'd say no it was not as rough as described, though I didn't get to fully inspect it as the seller decided he hadn't put enough miles on it and it was time to enjoy it some more. He had quite a collection and wasn't in a hurry from the getgo to sell it anyway. Said the NSX was the finest driver's car he'd ever owned.

It looked good in person like the pictures in the start of the thread suggest. I've never sat in one that looked, smelled, and felt so new inside, short of the very small bolster rub area. Time machine comes to mind. The "issues" in the 2009 thread were probably overblown as pbassjo suggested. This picture from the 2009 thread of supposed bad repaint:

attachment.php

is probably how many of your NSX's also look - here's a picture of a different GPW from California, another low-mile few-owner pampered NSX. Click for larger view...

View attachment 96351

Funny, that ragged edge on the CA NSX caught my eye too back in September and knowing how the owner had taken care of it, I figured it was just a normal manufacturing artifact. I'd been waiting to see another GPW to see if it looked similar...

Also, for the supposed bodywork underneath and signs of paint from the 2009 thread:

attachment.php

I took a few photos myself and saw the same thing but on both sides of the car behind the front wheels.... PHOEN$X helped with a few pix of his red '92. Suggests that this overspray is another normal manufacturing thing, to me at least:

click for larger views

View attachment 96352 View attachment 96353

View attachment 96354 View attachment 96355

As for the rest from 2009 - the rear trunklid fit just fine, perhaps the 2009 shots were with the car on the lift like pbassjo suggested. Also the current owner installed a comptech exhaust and I saw the OEM exhaust on a carpet in the garage with the slight dimple on the heat shield, looked like no big deal.

Figured that sharing this detail about likely manufacturing variations might be interesting trivia to some, but also wanted to open the door to clear some potentially/likely undeserved bad press on this one.

Owner was a good guy and realized he wasn't ready to let go, and just probably also had his fill of tire kickers. He was willing to let someone come do a PPI on his lift but had reservations about letting the car go off anywhere. He didn't say this but afterwards I had the thought that possibly that could also have been to keep the miles under 19,999 while he was still marketing it... I told him I'll look forward to bringing my eventual GPW by to let the two of them play together in the yard.

As for the OP's LBBP - probably the other cleanest NSX I'd ever seen, at least from thru the showroom window. I didn't bother to waste the time of the salespeople to go in and take a closer look when I first saw it a few months ago. But it did look super clean. Maybe the second cleanest I'd ever seen, after this GPW above. :)

This is a really great picture BTW:

IMG_0411_zpsfb032163.jpg

Just read the whole thread today and you confirmed a few of my initial assumptions about the GPW. When i read the 2009 thread I saw nothing in the pictures what was as bad as the poster made it seem. Maybe not a museum piece but not major flaws like he suggested if there were any flaws at all. He didn't have any pics showing the 4 shades of white so that may have been true I guess but you would know since you saw it. Even a flawed 100k mile GPW car would sell for 22-25k I would think, and given the mileage and service would easily warrant ~35k. Do you think the price was fair given its "flaws" Yinzer?

To the OP the blue car looks great gorgeous. I love my GPW but LBBP is possibly the best color they made.

Bummer, man! Fingers were crossed for you to make it happen with that one.

The first test drive just fuels the addiction...

Just got the car back last week from Larry B. Great guy BTW, who is very knowledgeable with our NSX. He perform maintenance to my LBBP -> such as my TB, WP and all the fluids flushed and more. Haven't really had a chance for a joy ride with the car, until today. Took it for a ride on a country road twisty and snaps some shots along the way. Car runs flawless!:smile:

Pictures taken at Atlantic Highlands, NJ.

IMG_0500_zps12d68af2.jpg

IMG_0497_zps94f8a038.jpg

IMG_0052_zpsf9ff7b0a.jpg

IMG_0053_zps5dac0e66.jpg

Last edited:
Just absolutely stunning and beautiful NSX - the color is amazing. Yea, Larry B is the best !!

absolutely beautiful. i dont think we even have a single LBBP in canada :(

Just got the car back last week from Larry B. Great guy BTW, who is very knowledgeable with our NSX. He perform maintenance to my LBBP -> such as my TB, WP and all the fluids flushed and more. Haven't really had a chance for a joy ride with the car, until today. Took it for a ride on a country road twisty and snaps some shots along the way. Car runs flawless!:smile:

Pictures taken at Atlantic Highlands, NJ.

IMG_0500_zps12d68af2.jpg

IMG_0497_zps94f8a038.jpg

IMG_0052_zpsf9ff7b0a.jpg

IMG_0053_zps5dac0e66.jpg

One for the record-keeping here - a video of the '92 GPW back when it was in Chicago before the current owner acquired it and brought her to Beaver Falls, north of Pittsburgh. I downloaded the video if anyone ever wants it, should it get removed from youtube.

The comments at youtube are interesting. Amongst the usual riff raff there's a lot of interest and respect. Kind of cool to read some commentary from those not really directly familiar with NSX's.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ApIKAaYvRk0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

This is funny. This white nsx was the first nsx i drove. I was at this dealership a few years back with a friend who was buying a couple cars from these guys. I helped drive one back to denver. I was familiar with the nsx so while my friend was doing paperwork i asked if i could take it for a spin. I was surprised how much fun it was so when i got back to denver i started looking around for one. All the bad press on this car scared me off and i found a red 91 local to colorado. Still wish i had a white one but i have done too much work on my car to start over.

This is funny. This white nsx was the first nsx i drove. I was at this dealership a few years back with a friend who was buying a couple cars from these guys. I helped drive one back to denver. I was familiar with the nsx so while my friend was doing paperwork i asked if i could take it for a spin. I was surprised how much fun it was so when i got back to denver i started looking around for one. All the bad press on this car scared me off and i found a red 91 local to colorado. Still wish i had a white one but i have done too much work on my car to start over.

?????

If you look back at the video above it is of a gpw car that was for sale in chicago a few years ago. It happened to be the first nsx i ever had the chance to drive and lead to me ultimately purchasing one. The reason i thought it might be interesing was just to show how things sometimes work in life. I did a friend a favor by helping him drive a car home from chicago and it ended up leading me to buying a car i probably would never have considered if i had not taken a bit of a flyer. Sorry you didn't "get" it.

Nice video, Andy! It should go into that "NSX video findings" thread.

Kelvin, in the 'better late than never' department, I just did.

And to add to the library for this '92 GPW owned by my new friend the owner whom I got to know back in early December when I looked at it, here's another stellar write-up within a completely stellar blog that many of you will enjoy digging thru and following weekly like I have been since December when I stumbled upon it.

http://www.rarecarsforsaleblog.com/2012/12/03/super-clean-1992-acura-nsx-in-grand-prix-white/

Caution: browsing thru this blog may lead to many lost but satisfying hours. I can not be held responsible for any burnt hamburgers left on the grille or angry wives/girlfriends/families this Memorial Day Weekend while you daydream within the blog.

Two year anniversary bump for this thread, lol. The owner of the GPW sold it eventually and closed his business this month, actually. He was a successful doctor before getting into the car selling biz and he said it was time to do more fishing.

Some great photos in this thread. :)

Back