• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 GPW w/20k miles----> Is it the one?

I did a little research on the LBBP but not much history on the car. As far as 02 GPW, I just felt like Yinzer was in the better side of the world. I was too far out to drive and check out the car, it would of took me 7 hours to get there. It worked out better for him, I think he was only 40 minutes away from the dealership. At first, I was very excited about the car. I found myself a 92 GPW! However, after the previous thread from 09 and I got to see some of the issues, which I think was not really that serious for me say no to the car. It was when, I tried to tell the owner that our deal still stands and if he was willing for me to take it to Acura for PPI, and he said NO. Now maybe if I was only an hour away to check it out and decide for myself that would be a different story. Ultimately if he got to see it for himself, he has better understanding and really could decide if any of the issues that was brought up was good to go. I am very new to the NSX world. I really don't know much about the car yet, but as soon as I get my own, I will definitely learn.

tpolonyi -

Thank you for your reply, as I now better understand what and why. My reply above was a tad harsh, and for that I apologize.
Yinzer is a personal friend, and yesterday it did not seem right to me that you relegated the "damaged goods" to his consideration and then in turn requested he check out the LBBP for you - he already checked that LBBP out and it is FINE-FINE-fine. As in, if that LBBP is still available and you can go it, you'll not regret it! I wish you the best of fortune in your NSX search.
Out.

As far as 02 GPW, I just felt like Yinzer was in the better side of the world.

As a native Pittsburgher who's lived in other great places like Detroit, Phoenix, Omaha, and Cleveland (yes I am calling Cleveland "land of the Brownies" great), I thought only a native yinzer would admit that Pittsburgh is indeed the better (best) side of the world. So, it's nice to see someone else acknowledge that fact. :)

If you'd like to call the dealership to express interest and line things up, I may be able to do it Saturday depending upon their weekend hours and how my week goes with a few other priorities (ahem). That supercar store in the middle of Pitt & CMU-land has more than their fair share of window shoppers & tourists so your teeing things up would make it easier all around. I test drive a pre-owned Cayman there in 2009 (that was just traded in by Penguins goalie Mark Andre Fleury for a Lambo, for some meaningless trivia) and they were a little wary at first to let anyone behind the velvet ropes.

Back in the day the 1/2 case replacement was done under warranty. It's been a long lime but Acura might still allow it -- never hurts to ask the area rep. A knowledgeable wrench can inspect it and tell you if it's an issue. When in doubt, always default to a coupe. (my $0.02)

Interesting thread and a reminder on how rare no issue, low mileage early model NSXs are out there in the marketplace and the type of price and interest they command.

No biggie. I'd like to believe that what comes around goes around.

FYI I have plans to look at it Saturday pending my work obligations. Couldn't sync up schedules this week.

Good luck Yinzer. It was nice of you to not pursue this one while tpolonyi was interested in it.

I pulled the trigger on a 05 LBBP, blue interior, with less than 10k miles. I know this was not the one I planned on buying, but it is what it is! :smile:Im happy with my purchase. Got it delivered a couple of days before Christmas. Here are some pictures. Thanks to everyone for their inputs.
IMG_0394_zpsfe25b037.jpg

IMG_0396_zps880849da.jpg

IMG_0397_zps8dbdd27d.jpg

IMG_0398_zps2d007d13.jpg

IMG_0401_zps604dafcf.jpg

IMG_0408_zpsddbc502b.jpg

IMG_0405_zps38357824.jpg

IMG_0407_zpsad0a3978.jpg

IMG_0409_zps51074335.jpg

---------------------------------------
And to the storage she goes....:biggrin:

IMG_0411_zpsfb032163.jpg

IMG_0414_zpsd49f4c3c.jpg

Last edited:
No biggie. I'd like to believe that what comes around goes around.

FYI I have plans to look at it Saturday pending my work obligations. Couldn't sync up schedules this week.

Congrats! I suspected you picked it up when I drove by the showroom a few days before Christmas and saw no NSX in the window.

An update: this GPW is no longer for sale. I went to visit it and then a few days later the owner decided to keep it. Merry Christmas everyone.

Re: 92 GPW w/20k miles----> Is it the one?

So was that GPW rough as described in the other thread? Who knows it might go up for sale again

Since when did the nsx become a bigger interior car than the s2000
LOL I wouldn't daily driver either one of them even if you paid me. :)

zme zaid
I still think the 02 GPW is not a bad deal. But, I went ahead for something else. Hope Yinzer got to check it out today. I know he always wanted one.
My change of heart directed me to the 05 blue NSX in Pittsburgh. I wish someone here could check it out for me, I think Yinzer is from around the area. But if anyone else with the time, I would greatly appreciate it. I am willing to offer a small fee for the trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I totally remember you. It is a small world after all! I got a buyer picking up the car this Saturday. I will truly miss that car. I love everything about it, but the interior space. Thats why Im going for the big brother NSX. More room, and more power.

NSX has more leg room as well as room for the shoulder to move around in. The S2000 I fit in it snugly, but in the NSX is way roomier.

Since when did the nsx become a bigger interior car than the s2000
LOL I wouldn't daily driver either one of them even if you paid me. :)

lol. I'm sure we have had the thought of "if i had to daily either one of these cars". I'd definitely say the nsx is bigger. I've taken both on road trips and the nsx is wayyyyyyyy more comfy! but the s2k holds more luggage.

I daily'd my s2k for 4 years. i wish i was getting paid for it. sooo many worn tires!

Beautiful!!! Congrats :)

So you pushed your new NSX off a trailer and into storage!?!

So you pushed your new NSX off a trailer and into storage!?!

Yup, don't currently own a garage at the moment until I move down to Florida. Don't get me wrong, I will be driving and starting up the car daily. And will be Taking it for joy rides on a nice cold NJ days. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Took some pictures on Christmas day, I couldn't resist.:biggrin:

IMG_0042_zps07e3e4bf.jpg

IMG_0057_zps2e52eb51.jpg

IMG_0060_zpse0a22c08.jpg

IMG_0041_zps1e8eebc1.jpg

IMG_0419_zpsd6c28252.jpg

IMG_0418_zps74889021.jpg

your LBP is gorgeous. The paint color really looks great with the updated headlights/ tail lights. that's pretty cool its signed by uehara himself!

Back