• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 LBBP Route-KS Madonna Wide Body Mega Build

Those look awesome but they don't look fat boy friendly. Like 40" waist friendly? Oh well I guess I can still dream at least.

These are 40 waist friendly. We have tried several seats and from my past whoring, Chris's past purchases (IE: Status GT Ring Seats, Sparco EVO) of parts and testing parts (Fixed seats) these are by far the widest fixed pair you can go with in the NSX without running into problems.

1429707608_zps6480cc6b.jpg

Usually while waiting for other components to cure or dry for prep I start with additional parts. Example of trying to multi task with kids around and keeping them entertained as the air gets sucked out to conform to parts.

1429928298_zpsde0f6d07.jpg

One thing while vacuum bagging, small air leaks get frustrating especially when you think it is sealed completely.

1429928288_zps3876ce10.jpg

Pleased to let you all know that I finally closed the deal on some NSX-R Gauges. The price was just too good to pass up and will make a great addition to this build.

????.jpg

Gil, you have just a little more work to do! :)

Thanks Paul! How is your project going?

Hi Chris, pick mine up tomorrow .. full engine refresh by Kaz, new Bilstein set up, new discs and I have already installed the DRF seats ... looking forward to a great drive home and beyond!

Your seats look stunning and are perfect for the extreme build Gil is completing, pushing the limits on NSX modding.

All the best, Paul

Omg.. Is there anything in this build that isn't awesome?!?

The car's owner kinda sucks, but that is just my opinion! I have not been able to reach Madonna to have her serenade Gil with "Like a Virgin" while he works. He loves that song but won't admit it. :)

Hi Chris, pick mine up tomorrow .. full engine refresh by Kaz, new Bilstein set up, new discs and I have already installed the DRF seats ... looking forward to a great drive home and beyond!

Your seats look stunning and are perfect for the extreme build Gil is completing, pushing the limits on NSX modding.

All the best, Paul

Sounds awesome Paul. Please post of up some picks as I would love to see it. Are the DFR Seats comfortable? I thought about going that route originally, but opted for these instead.

Lego theme song while I work on the blue beast.

LMAO!!

Thanks to Javier this arrived!

image.jpg

There are some special plans for this part, but Gil will have to modify the GT One Dry Hood first. As you can see from the picture below the hood does not come with an attachment point for the NSX-R Hood Vent; therefore, Gil is going to make one!

20140608_124530.jpg

The GT One Hood is modeled after an NSX-R, but does not carry the mounting point...strange, but good thing Gil is around. The good news is that the vent is the same size on both hoods (thank god for that one!).

The Downforce Hood does come with this mounting point. We both found this strange.

Here is the bottom of the Downforce V2 Hood

20140608_124545.jpg

If it wasn't for the weight savings of the GT One, I would've had the Downforce Hood installed and roll with that. It is just hard to beat a hood that weighs less than 3lbs.

Last edited:
Pleased to let you all know that I finally closed the deal on some NSX-R Gauges. The price was just too good to pass up and will make a great addition to this build.

View attachment 123172

Gil, you have just a little more work to do! :)

You bastard. I wanted this from pro car. That was until he quoted me a price. Whoa nelly!!!!
I'll just wait for you to sell it.:biggrin: I hate you.:smile:

You bastard. I wanted this from pro car. That was until he quoted me a price. Whoa nelly!!!!
I'll just wait for you to sell it.:biggrin: I hate you.:smile:

LOL,

I actually got mine through an exporter at a really good deal. Much cheaper than what I have seen them sold for here on prime through the classifieds. Pick on up before they are discontinued!

LOL,

I actually got mine through an exporter at a really good deal. Much cheaper than what I have seen them sold for here on prime through the classifieds. Pick on up before they are discontinued!
Okay, now I hate you even more...:smile:

Amazing build....Everything is top notch.

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it!

Quick update,

NSX-R Gauges:
Received the shipment notification for the NSX-R Gauges today, so in a few days, Gil should have some purdy gauges to start work on.

Interior:
The first parts arrived yesterday to the interior shop. The other parts should be shipped on the 21st of May. Doug has told me about a month to do everything. The build will feature OEM Aston Martin Alcantara that I received from our own Carbon6 (Jeff). Thanks Jeff! The interior will be done in black with blue stitching. Should turn out pretty amazing.

Intake Manifold:
I received pics of my completed intake manifold. I had purchased a spare and had it ported and polished. Bardi did an amazing job with it. The intake manifold is mated to a Blox 72mm DBW Throttle Body.

122_11.jpg
122_6.jpg
122_2.jpg
122_4.jpg

Stay tuned for more updates!

- - - Updated - - -

Car has to breath with it being forced with air. Every element of this car has been through a thought process of excellent execution.

1431520538_zps37f3cba5.jpg

Gil is just saying that because he has to! :)

Last edited:
Well,

I think Gil is going to be pissed, but he'll love it in the long run! :) I purchased a complete set of NSX-R Engine Mounts. I don't have a pic of the left and right, but the front and back are shown for your viewing pleasure!

169ef9.jpeg

169efa.jpeg

I also purchased an NSX-R Clutch Damper. Not sure if it will work, what it will do, or anything else for that matter, but figured what the hell, right!?!

Clutch Damper 1.jpg

Clutch Damper 2.jpg

I told everyone that I had purchased a spare engine for this build. Well, that engine should be delivered here very shortly. Let the stroker build begin!

A few other parts that are in process

1. Spare Transmission for build purposes (found one already, just have to cough up the cash!)

2. 02 NSX-R complete Tail Light set to replace my factory tails that were sacrificed for the LED conversion

3. 02 NSX-R rear glass. Really curious about this one as it may shed a little weight considering it is a single pane of glass vice double pane glass

4. NSX-R Headlights

Stay tuned for more updates very shortly. The body should be done pretty shortly and will be a shocker!

Last edited:
I know that technically you consider all your mods to be "reversible", but I think you're using that term very loosely, is it still reversible if you have to spend $20,000 to get the car back to stock?

either way, your build is kick-ass! Forget about reversibility, you're way past that, just enjoy it for the badass machine that this will end up being and forget about ever going back to stock.

It's as reversible as Bruce Jenner going back to being a manly Olympian. :D

- - - Updated - - -

maxresdefault.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

maxresdefault.jpg
God damn that's gross.:biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

maxresdefault.jpg

LMFAO, Dave!!! Thank you, I needed that!

I know that technically you consider all your mods to be "reversible", but I think you're using that term very loosely, is it still reversible if you have to spend $20,000 to get the car back to stock?

either way, your build is kick-ass! Forget about reversibility, you're way past that, just enjoy it for the badass machine that this will end up being and forget about ever going back to stock.

Thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it!

I know you guys think that going back to stock is an impossibility, but I assure you that it isn't quite the way you think. Here is why.

1. Gil comes with a lifetime warranty! :)

2. The body simply unbolts. All factory panels have been retained.

3. I have purchased a complete spare interior (all roof panels, door panels, dash, fire wall, etc.) that the Alcantara work is being done. This means that my nice 05 interior remains untouched.

4. Every other interior part that is to be touched has a brand new factory spare (window switch panels, etc.)

5. The engine is the same way. For the intake manifold above, that is a spare that was purchased for this very reason. The same holds true for the extra engine I purchased and the transmission.

Believe it or not, Gil could have this car completely back to the way it was within a day or two max! Yes, he's badass that way! So, please do not be under the impression that everything has not been thought out to the finest detail. It has cost me an arm and a leg to do it this way, but I believe that the end result is worth it. Besides, I received more than enough hate mail when I began this build! Not trying to go back there. lol

Back