• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 LBBP Route-KS Madonna Wide Body Mega Build

Thanks Doug,

Can't wait to see the finished result!

---Break---

Not sure if I posted these before. This leads to that moment where you realize that original plan of $25K total was complete bs! It sounded really good at the time though!

1404794494_zps66ba1b8b.jpg

1404794473_zpsd32afad6.jpg

Sleeping beauties

1429708742_zps4303662d.jpg

When you are just not satisfied with with 20mm's

1434085849_zpsb33cfb28.jpg

1433975116_zps55dfcb42.jpg

1434085855_zps569f1e96.jpg

Thanks Doug,

Can't wait to see the finished result!

---Break---

Not sure if I posted these before. This leads to that moment where you realize that original plan of $25K total was complete bs! It sounded really good at the time though!

View attachment 124941

View attachment 124942

Sleeping beauties

View attachment 124943

When you are just not satisfied with with 20mm's

View attachment 124944

View attachment 124945

View attachment 124946

Wow did not know new batman movie was coming out??? cool new batmobile...... ride looks sick in a good way...... keep posting updates

Here we go then ... the birth begins ... really looking forward to seeing this project come to life ... good luck boys!

The other problem is Chris doesn't whip Gil hard enough... He gives him all these food and bathroom breaks.

Chris:

slavery-gets-shit-done-tshirt.gif

Last edited:
Look Folks,

There have been some posts on this thread that have made me shake my head, but I went with them and said nothing. While these comments range from humorous to idiotic, I have kept quiet because they were not directed at the person who is charged with making my dream come true. Now that line has been crossed...

A little background:
I have stopped Gil at least twice, had him return the car to stock, and wait for me to figure out what I wanted to do with the car because the build became very taxing. For those of you that have no idea of what I am talking about, trying spending what most people pay for single family homes in less expensive areas on a car. For a while I was hell bent on getting an R8, but finally realized that I would ultimately regret giving up my project and not seeing it through. This is in large part to guys like Stephen, Gil, Chris, Dave, and a few select others.

The car was delivered to Gil in February 2014. Because most of the parts were coming from Japan, many of the parts did not start arriving until July or August of 2014 (there goes 5-6 months of downtime). The project was originally supposed to be very small and no where near what it has become. Gil has taken it all in stride and has helped me far more than any of you will know as far as pricing on parts, help lining things up, taking care of odds and ends for me as he knows that I am unable to do so. This build has gone through so many iterations that most of you (outside of Gil and I), will never know.

The fact that this man has taken my dream build on for me, stays up till 2am most nights working on my car, fights me tooth and nail on a regular basis to reimburse him monetarily for the changes and additional things I have since added to this build since our initial agreement, and does this while working, being a father, and still trying to have just a moment for himself now and then should speak volumes about the mans character, attitude, and passion for what he does.

THIS is the reason I write this. The man has earned my respect and loyalty. Regardless of how minor an insult to the work that this man has put into making my dream a reality, I will not stand for it...period. For those who do not like this, the solution is very simple; do NOT post here. Do NOT subscribe to this thread. I could care less for the opinion of those who are unable to do what Gil is doing. I think I have made my point, but perhaps not as concisely as I wished....

Crazy this build is still not finished yet

I would be very leery of opening my mouth on long wait times if I were you. Your shop could not even complete a group buy for carbon consoles that a body shop was making for you. By the way....Gil made mine himself... By the looks of your vehicle, you have very, very, little room to talk... Feel free not to post here again with your arrogance.

Wow - That is going to look great! Congrats to you and Gil. I especially like this angle. The gray panels with yellow stripe on the wheels even looks neat too....

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I think the cool artwork is what won me over! lol I asked Gil if I could keep the wheel covers when I get the car back.

^^^Well said. I have enjoyed every picture and update from you and Gil on this thread. I cannot wait to see this LBBP monster, I am positive you will be a happy customer. Good luck with the rest of the build.

This is LITERALLY the most complete/quality build to date on an NSX with some of the craziest parts out there. As for any comments on time frame wise I wouldn't sweat it at all. As Chris mentioned nearly all of these parts were specially ordered/built/imported from Japan. These are not something you can run down the road to the Acura dealer and pick up. In addition to that, Chris is in a unique situation work wise being out of town for long periods of time so I do believe he is not in a crazy rush to have the car back.

Quality is second to none. I am very glad you chose to finish this build Chris and cannot wait to see it finished. Gil has done an awesome job along the way in customizing already custom parts. Great work fellas from day one, very impressive.

My man Chris and Gil... just ignone the smart ass posts...

you know each other well enough so that those post don't even scratch
anything...

about the timeframe... there is a portuguese saying that i think it fits
here like a glove. Here is a almost direct translation:

"Fast and well, there is no one who can" (portuguese: "depressa e bem, nao ha quem", right [MENTION=17609]chado[/MENTION] ?? :wink:)

You guys make a great team... Chris knows what's good and buys it and Gil does the best with it.

Props to both of you.

Nuno

Gee I hope my jokes weren't taken seriously.... Thought my sarcasm about things not being "finished yet" was clear but maybe not. Sorry if I upset anyone.

Dave,

i don't think it was you... we all know you... at least me ;)

i understand exactly your sarcasm and humor, because i'm
that way too (not in Prime though)

Nuno

Gee I hope my jokes weren't taken seriously.... Thought my sarcasm about things not being "finished yet" was clear but maybe not. Sorry if I upset anyone.
Dave, all is well. I enjoy your multiple thousands << (understatement) of posts and group buy accomplishments or inquiries. I don't like silver cars but actually like yours and the mods applied.

My man Chris and Gil... just ignore the smart ass posts...

anything...

"Fast and well, there is no one who can" (portuguese: "depressa e bem, nao ha quem", right [MENTION=17609]chado[/MENTION] ?? :wink:)

You guys make a great team... Chris knows what's good and buys it and Gil does the best with it.

Props to both of you.

Nuno

Nuno, how's it going Bro? Thank You, Chris keeps me busy on top of already busy but I enjoy it. As to those posts, most shops would have probably just let Chris give up when he briefly pushed the pause button waiving the pink slip.

This is LITERALLY the most complete/quality build to date on an NSX with some of the craziest parts out there. As for any comments on time frame wise I wouldn't sweat it at all. As Chris mentioned nearly all of these parts were specially ordered/built/imported from Japan. These are not something you can run down the road to the Acura dealer and pick up. In addition to that, Chris is in a unique situation work wise being out of town for long periods of time so I do believe he is not in a crazy rush to have the car back.

Quality is second to none. I am very glad you chose to finish this build Chris and cannot wait to see it finished. Gil has done an awesome job along the way in customizing already custom parts. Great work fellas from day one, very impressive.

Chris, Yes Sir I have to agree... To date this has to be the most part procured, logistical nightmare part waiting build, but the quality components being applied is well worth the wait. I have endured a project like this outside of the NSX world similar before IE: 69 Camaro, full build top to bottom but parts/components/custom fabrication were all CONUS/or in house which made communication and waiting less of a headache. I don't think the Lambo 6.0 I have worked on, compared to this.

^^^Well said. I have enjoyed every picture and update from you and Gil on this thread. I cannot wait to see this LBBP monster, I am positive you will be a happy customer. Good luck with the rest of the build.
Tim, Awesome to have a fellow smurf aboard, I'll try a little better providing more pictures. Chris just wants a turn key NSX the way he wants.

Wow - That is going to look great! Congrats to you and Gil. I especially like this angle. The gray panels with yellow stripe on the wheels even looks neat too....

Dave

Dave, TY Sir! I wish many of you could see it now in person. Those pics were taken previously are a bit older. Chris and I have to keep it a little anticipating.

The other problem is Chris doesn't whip Gil hard enough... He gives him all these food and bathroom breaks.

Chris:

slavery-gets-shit-done-tshirt.gif

If I helped with those pyramids I would have Porta Johns planted strategically for bathroom breaks, invented Solar powered AC units and probably modify those pyramids pissing everyone else off.

Here we go then ... the birth begins ... really looking forward to seeing this project come to life ... good luck boys!

Thanks My Fellow Magnum Brother! Maybe a Magnum version of this would be mad sick.

Wow did not know new batman movie was coming out??? cool new batmobile...... ride looks sick in a good way...... keep posting updates

Brent, hoping to have the new Tron Batmobile ready in time to battle Superman!

I've been following this build since the begining. It is epic and has a ton of hard to find limited pieces.
Chris and Gil keep up the amazing work, and even for posting how to help acquire some of the parts from Japan.
I'm not certain, feel free to correct me via post or PM, but im sure if you in Afghanistan your doing more than 90% of us here on prime keeping this world safe and I salute you.
Being a LEO. I have the highest level of respect for the guys on the front line.
Stay safe and cant wait to see the vid of you starting up the finished product.
Nice fleet also.

Look Folks,

There have been some posts on this thread that have made me shake my head, but I went with them and said nothing. While these comments range from humorous to idiotic, I have kept quiet because they were not directed at the person who is charged with making my dream come true. Now that line has been crossed...

A little background:
I have stopped Gil at least twice, had him return the car to stock, and wait for me to figure out what I wanted to do with the car because the build became very taxing. For those of you that have no idea of what I am talking about, trying spending what most people pay for single family homes in less expensive areas on a car. For a while I was hell bent on getting an R8, but finally realized that I would ultimately regret giving up my project and not seeing it through. This is in large part to guys like Stephen, Gil, Chris, Dave, and a few select others.

The car was delivered to Gil in February 2014. Because most of the parts were coming from Japan, many of the parts did not start arriving until July or August of 2014 (there goes 5-6 months of downtime). The project was originally supposed to be very small and no where near what it has become. Gil has taken it all in stride and has helped me far more than any of you will know as far as pricing on parts, help lining things up, taking care of odds and ends for me as he knows that I am unable to do so. This build has gone through so many iterations that most of you (outside of Gil and I), will never know.

The fact that this man has taken my dream build on for me, stays up till 2am most nights working on my car, fights me tooth and nail on a regular basis to reimburse him monetarily for the changes and additional things I have since added to this build since our initial agreement, and does this while working, being a father, and still trying to have just a moment for himself now and then should speak volumes about the mans character, attitude, and passion for what he does.

THIS is the reason I write this. The man has earned my respect and loyalty. Regardless of how minor an insult to the work that this man has put into making my dream a reality, I will not stand for it...period. For those who do not like this, the solution is very simple; do NOT post here. Do NOT subscribe to this thread. I could care less for the opinion of those who are unable to do what Gil is doing. I think I have made my point, but perhaps not as concisely as I wished....

I would be very leery of opening my mouth on long wait times if I were you. Your shop could not even complete a group buy for carbon consoles that a body shop was making for you. By the way....Gil made mine himself... By the looks of your vehicle, you have very, very, little room to talk... Feel free not to post here again with your arrogance.

Thanks Dave,

I think the cool artwork is what won me over! lol I asked Gil if I could keep the wheel covers when I get the car back.

View attachment 125044
Hang in there bud, it looks very cool so far. You are spending ungodly amounts of money on this, but if it is what you enjoy, who cares what anyone else thinks. Enjoy the road to completion!

My man Chris and Gil... just ignone the smart ass posts...

anything...

Props to both of you.

Nuno

Vc ta correto! Haha

Was able to finish up the E-Brake after spending all day Sunday adjusting my sewing machine for the material. Looking very sharp, or should I say soft? This material is absolutely amazing. More pics to come soon.
Doug

Last edited:
01a4man, I hope your well and didn't do anything you'd regret about us posting here. Everyone here is a follower believe it or not, your setting trends. I hope you are proud of that and get past postings that may seem discouraging. Keep up the great work!
AJ

Back