• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

#AcuraNSXOnTour

I'm just telling you to show the picture to random people and ask them which one they like better. That can be quantified and it will show that the new NSX will garner more votes.

But this would only be due to the new NSX sporting a more current style. If we showed these same people old clothing from the 80's vs. current clothing most would vote in favor of the newer clothing.

A better comparison would be to compare opinions rendered in the past vs. opinions rendered today by the same audience. For instance how many celebrities will be buying the new NSX in 2015 vs. the original NSX in 1990? I'd wager the new NSX would loose this comparison. For a halo car may be the best possible metric.

Last edited:
NSXs that will appear during the Monterey Car Week - will they be these two or other examples?

Most likely. If they go LA from LV then NorCal, they will arrive about the time the car week starts. It was said Laguna Seca was booked for a private event around mid August. So I would guess a press event before/after the car week to further stir up interests for orders. Expect epic numbers!

But this would only be due to the new NSX sporting a more current style. If we showed these same people old clothing from the 80's vs. current clothing most would vote in favor of the newer clothing.

A better comparison would be to compare opinions rendered in the past vs. opinions rendered today by the same audience. For instance how many celebrities will be buying the new NSX in 2015 vs. the original NSX in 1990? I'd wager the new NSX would loose this comparison. For a halo car may be the best possible metric.

I don't know if that would be true if you're going to bring social status into the equation. There seems to be more brand awareness this time around for the NSX and the horsepower is much higher/more competitive with others so it's probably going to win the popularity contest that way too. Especially if it can crack a 0-60 in less than 3 seconds. 3.4 is not shabby either tho.

some girl gets to drive off in one...maybe a honda employee? looks to be the same spot as the video posted earlier "outside a honda office"

Awesome shot here. You can see how long and lean it really is.

No, that is just the fish eye effect of the lens being used. Even a Fiat 500 can be made to look slim and sexy with such a lens.
We all know the dimensions of the NSX and how it looks when photographed with a 35mm + lens at a few feet away to give accurate proportions.

No, that is just the fish eye effect of the lens being used. Even a Fiat 500 can be made to look slim and sexy with such a lens.
We all know the dimensions of the NSX and how it looks when photographed with a 35mm + lens at a few feet away to give accurate proportions.

There is no distortion to show that this is a fisheye lens. From 20-30 feet away is the most accurate depiction of most cars, not from a few feet away.

There is no distortion to show that this is a fisheye lens. From 20-30 feet away is the most accurate depiction of most cars, not from a few feet away.

No, not a fish eye lens, a fish eye lens effect; any wide angle lens will distort the object by flattening it out.

You just have to look at every other picture of the NSX to see that this is not the way it looks.

No, not a fish eye lens, a fish eye lens effect; any wide angle lens will distort the object by flattening it out.

You just have to look at every other picture of the NSX to see that this is not the way it looks.

I'm not going to get into a debate about photography with you, but trust me that pic has minimal distortion for the NSX and was taken from further away and not upclose.

Upclose pictures of the NSX in the showroom is the reason why it looks super bulbous. We'll agree to disagree tho if you prefer and wait to see it in real life and you'll see.

I'm not going to get into a debate about photography with you, but trust me that pic has minimal distortion for the NSX and was taken from further away and not upclose.

Upclose pictures of the NSX in the showroom is the reason why it looks super bulbous. We'll agree to disagree tho if you prefer and wait to see it in real life and you'll see.

fair enough :)
and I do hope it looks sleek and low profile in real life.

I almost caught it in Vegas this weekend but they left hours before I arrived. Would have liked to see the carved up egg for myself in person so I know if I really hate it as much as I think I do. I agree with the opinion that it doesn't look sleek or svelte at all and looks bulbous in photos, and most likely in person.

It's a really nice car but absolutely not in anyway an NSX! Besides the name there's really nothing that ties it to the NSX. A totally different DNA.

Last edited:
I have seen it in real life and up close. It's not sleek by any means...

People have different definitions of sleek. I've heard of Cadillacs being described as sleek, so perception is in the eye of the beholder. Let's see it next to other exotics like the Mclaren and 458 for real context.

It was at Geneva auto show, so there were McLarens and 458's not far away. I am also used to look at my NSX, my friends Lotus, and my former Prelude. These are 'sleek' cars by my definition. The 458 and Aventador also fit that definition (well the Lambo is an extreme). The Aston Vanquish too. The new NSX doesnt...

Pix

2016 Acura NSX Spied Testing in the Wild in Production Ready Red
2016-Acura-NSX-Production-Spy-Shots-KGP-Photography-15-627x418.jpg

The brand new Acura NSX is finally on the way and our spy photographers have caught it testing in production form, meaning it’s completely camo-free.

2016-Acura-NSX-Production-Spy-Shots-KGP-Photography-6-627x418.jpg

This mid-engined Japanese sports car has a twin turbo V6, a hybrid gas-electric powertrain, and is expected to make more than 500 hp. You can see that high-tech heart through the rear window. All that power will hit the road through a new super-handling all-wheel drive system, which is paired to a 9-speed dual-clutch transmission.

2016-Acura-NSX-Production-Spy-Shots-KGP-Photography-9-627x418.jpg

The NSX uses a number of high-tech and advanced materials to keep weight down including aluminum and carbon fiber.

2016-Acura-NSX-Production-Spy-Shots-KGP-Photography-10-627x418.jpg

These spy photos show off the bright red paint finish of the new NSX and a number of cool carbon fiber trim pieces. You can spot it on the front and rear bumpers, spoiler and some trim bits on the wheels.

2016-Acura-NSX-Production-Spy-Shots-KGP-Photography-5-627x418.jpg

This has to be the final look at the car before the production version finally hits showrooms, so take it in and get ready to see the real deal soon. The NSX will be manufactured in Marysville, Ohio.

2016-Acura-NSX-Production-Spy-Shots-KGP-Photography-7-627x418.jpg

It was at Geneva auto show, so there were McLarens and 458's not far away. I am also used to look at my NSX, my friends Lotus, and my former Prelude. These are 'sleek' cars by my definition. The 458 and Aventador also fit that definition (well the Lambo is an extreme). The Aston Vanquish too. The new NSX doesnt...

IMO most modern Lotus, especially the Elise are not sleek nor is the latest Prelude. The Prelude is long and slick sure, but not sleek. Aston Vanquish is larger than the new NSX in height. If you consider that sleek as in low slung, than you should consider the NSX as sleek. These are just words of descriptions like color.

We could argue orange versus pink for a shade all day, but at the end of the day, the color can quantified in RGB. So the dimensions for the car have been announced and the new NSX is the same height as the 458 and 12C. That's the weight class it's going to be boxing in. Not the height of a 50 inch tall Aston Vanquish or 51 inch Prelude or even the 49 inch R8. It's a 47 inch tall car like the 458 and 12C.

I had a 4G prelude (the previous one), which i consider sleek. And the new NSX design is "fatty"... that's how i feel it when i see it. Instead of seeing, for instance, an Aventador (was not so far from the Lambo stand in Geneva) which is looking like a weapon.
As for the Elise i see one often enough (it's the first model btw) that i can say this car is definitely "petite" to say the least. Small, low, almost looks like a kid toy, granted, but still looks slim compared to new NSX. There are very few angles from which the new car looks good, which is not really playing in its favor. When i show photos of my car to people, i get 100% praise, then i show photos of the new one, unanimous response is it doesnt look as good...

I had a 4G prelude (the previous one), which i consider sleek. And the new NSX design is "fatty"... that's how i feel it when i see it. Instead of seeing, for instance, an Aventador (was not so far from the Lambo stand in Geneva) which is looking like a weapon.
As for the Elise i see one often enough (it's the first model btw) that i can say this car is definitely "petite" to say the least. Small, low, almost looks like a kid toy, granted, but still looks slim compared to new NSX. There are very few angles from which the new car looks good, which is not really playing in its favor. When i show photos of my car to people, i get 100% praise, then i show photos of the new one, unanimous response is it doesnt look as good...

Well that's why I say sleek is a loose definition. I've owned the last two gen Preludes. Neither are sleek to me especially when sitting at over 50 inches or 127 cm tall. The Elise is too short to be sleek to me. Sleek is to me is thin/low and long. The Aventador would be the epitome of sleek. While the new NSX is more muscular, it still only sits at 47 inches/119 cm tall. That is very low in modern standards and even in 1990s standards. It's also as long as the Aventador.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MxgGT-6v-5U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As for the people you've asked about your car and the new NSX. I think they were being polite and favoring you. However, you may be modded tastefully and more elegant than the new NSX's aggressive styling. Either way, in the video above with both gens next to each other, it's hard to argue that the old NSX looks way better and I cherish my NSX!

Last edited:
I'll just point out that the car may have all the quantifiable dimensions needed to be sporty, sleek, or exotic but the vertical face and overall Acura sedan-brand design forced within said dimensions can still fail to deliver all the stirring emotions those other cars with the same dimensions deliver successfully. Many people don't seem to feel that instant desire for it like they should for an exotic sports car. The shape is polarizing and controversial at best, when it needed to be a "home run" successor it seems.

As for the people you've asked about your car and the new NSX. I think they were being polite and favoring you.
Trust me on this, they wouldnt.
Actually one colleague at work likes the new one better.. because he likes bigger cars. It's a matter of taste really, but like Nero just said, it should have been a home run... When i saw it for real, i spent a lot of time around it, photographed it a lot under all possible angles, didnt bring myself to like it enough to think "i need it". Maybe another color will move me a bit more, maybe with the black top, but i cant get around how the front end looks.

Back