• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

#AcuraNSXOnTour

Trust me on this, they wouldnt.
Actually one colleague at work likes the new one better.. because he likes bigger cars. It's a matter of taste really, but like Nero just said, it should have been a home run... When i saw it for real, i spent a lot of time around it, photographed it a lot under all possible angles, didnt bring myself to like it enough to think "i need it". Maybe another color will move me a bit more, maybe with the black top, but i cant get around how the front end looks.

I'll just point out that the car may have all the quantifiable dimensions needed to be sporty, sleek, or exotic but the vertical face and overall Acura sedan-brand design forced within said dimensions can still fail to deliver all the stirring emotions those other cars with the same dimensions deliver successfully. Many people don't seem to feel that instant desire for it like they should for an exotic sports car. The shape is polarizing and controversial at best, when it needed to be a "home run" successor it seems.

Many people up here haven't warmed up to it, but the actual demographic that will buy may have different thoughts. There are also many people that like it so the vote on Prime is divided.

We'll see how the final execution and sales goes, but no one can force anyone to like anything. My question tho, is if you're looking for something like the first gen NSX that is more up to date, what are you going to choose if not the new NSX?

Mclaren mp4-12c. Everything the new NSX should have been including the successor looks. At least MCLAREN respected the original enough to do it right.

Last edited:
Most likely an Alfa 4C or a Lotus Exige. I have a weakness for mid engined, small light and exotic.. Also for sweet looking curves, but the Astons i am dreaming of are out of my reach (and front engined). That Saleen prototype that was posted on another topic here was pretty much a refreshed NSX, too. The new Lotus Esprit prototype that went around auto shows was a real beauty too. The small McLarens, why not... seen a few around here, they look good.
All in all it's pretty much a moot question as i wont get separated from my NSX, and they pretty much dont make cars like this anymore...

I really like this Lotus Esprit prototype and will definitely buy it if and when it becomes available. Mid engine 615hp

Last edited:
As with all the other cars designed in the Bahar era, none will come to fruition. Gales has said so himself. The Esprit though was the most promising of the bunch without a doubt and was said to be near production ready. The design is already five years old.

This is no insult to Lotus or McLaren, but neither are not exactly top notch quality and certainly do not match the build quality and interior design that can found in the new NSX. McLaren will probably get better with time as they've just begun to start making their own components, but Lotus is not looking too promising, even if that concept from years ago was looking really good. All of these concepts named and most of them have not come to fruition.

This is no insult to Lotus or McLaren, but neither are not exactly top notch quality and certainly do not match the build quality and interior design that can found in the new NSX. McLaren will probably get better with time as they've just begun to start making their own components.

Am wondering how many have actually spent time up close with a mclaren.

I've spent a lot of time in a 12c and quality wise was very underwhelmed.

First, only a handful of people have even sat in the new NSX, let alone drive one, so any determination of quality is only an assumption at this time based on manufacturers reputation. Secondly, the QC of McLaren and Lotus have drastically improved since the introduction of the 12C and Evora. The 675LT is leaps and bounds an all around better car than the 12C and the Evora 400 is about 70% all new compared to the outgoing Evora S. Let's just hope that the NSX 2.0 meets expectations of the marque because the bar is always rising. And of course none of these are direct competitors with the others, The Evora 400 is roughly $100K, the NSX $160K, the 675LT $345K and limited to 500 cars worldwide.

Currently the McLaren 570S would be the most likely competitor for NSX. Estimated price under $200K.

Last edited:
First, only a handful of people have even sat in the new NSX, let alone drive one, so any determination of quality is only an assumption at this time based on manufacturers reputation. Secondly, the QC of McLaren and Lotus have drastically improved since the introduction of the 12C and Evora. The 675LT is leaps and bounds an all around better car than the 12C and the Evora 400 is about 70% all new compared to the outgoing Evora S. Let's just hope that the NSX 2.0 meets expectations of the marque because the bar is always rising. And of course none of these are direct competitors with the others, The Evora 400 is roughly $100K, the NSX $160K, the 675LT $345K and limited to 500 cars worldwide.

Currently the McLaren 570S would be the most likely competitor for NSX. Estimated price under $200K.

That's good to hear about the new McLarens. I figured it was just a matter of overcoming the newbie status from startup, however, as you mentioned the price differences, the quality and level of design should match the luxurious pricetag.

The Evora is nice in having the perk of being a 2+2 mid engine, but it's still no NSX and certainly does not look better IMO. I'd probably consider owning one when they depreciate enough tho as I am somewhat of Toyota fan owner and I could see that 2+2 equating into a nice daily commuter or brief night out on the town car.

As the current owner of a '14 12C spider, I would put the quality up against any of my other high end vehicles. The exterior design is a bit more subdued than it's rival the 458. But, I'm not a flashy guy and don't want to feel like I'm in a fishbowl every time I drive my cars. The ride quality and overall performance of the 12C definitely exceeds that of a 458. It will be interesting to see how the NSX stacks up against the 458 (and 12C). I remain hopeful, but like a few others here, haven't become smitten with what I've seen thus far. Perhaps it's because my expectations were too high...

I suspect that for the money, the NSX will be a star performer. A fully loaded 570S will cost you >$220K, and is set to compete with the 911 turbo and R8 V10. Thus, at >$180K fully loaded, Acura will have at least positioned the car to be a bargain when compared to these cars.

I think I'm the only person who really doesn't like the 570.

i do agree that the NSX is not immediately striking in the way I hoped it would be.

I'm still a bit "meh" about the visuals inside and out. Trying to convince myself.

I'm with you on the 570. It's the main reason I chose the 12C. I'm not a huge fan of the swoopy nose thing that the 570, 650, and P1 have going on.

I remain hopeful, but like a few others here, haven't become smitten with what I've seen thus far. Perhaps it's because my expectations were too high...

I don't think any car looks perfectly beautiful. I'm just glad Honda has something coming into production after 10 years. Everyone has their own opinion on what the NSX should do, look like, be RWD, NA, etc. However, sometimes the company needs to go ahead and execute the plan. Then adjust with upgrades and changes as the evolution continues.

Clearly Honda needs to address the form and whatever short-comings that are revealed in future generations of the NSX if they and we are lucky enough to have another generation. However, there won't be a 3rd gen if they back to the drawing board again to appease everyone for the 2nd gen.

Somebody today tweeted and photographed one of the cars at the Shell Station on Ortega Highway in San Juan Capistrano.

If they were in Las Vegas and are now in San Juan Capistrano, that means they are probably headed to San Diego. I suspect they will make their way north from San Diego, passing through Los Angeles on their way to Monterey.

I don't think the form is miles off at all.

the side view is excellent as are the floating c pillars. Back looks pretty good too. It's really the beak and the grille I don't like. The aluminium cheapens it too.

Some of the suggestions in the body kit thread really are a big improvement.

As the current owner of a '14 12C spider, I would put the quality up against any of my other high end vehicles. The exterior design is a bit more subdued than it's rival the 458. But, I'm not a flashy guy and don't want to feel like I'm in a fishbowl every time I drive my cars. The ride quality and overall performance of the 12C definitely exceeds that of a 458. It will be interesting to see how the NSX stacks up against the 458 (and 12C). I remain hopeful, but like a few others here, haven't become smitten with what I've seen thus far. Perhaps it's because my expectations were too high...

I suspect that for the money, the NSX will be a star performer. A fully loaded 570S will cost you >$220K, and is set to compete with the 911 turbo and R8 V10. Thus, at >$180K fully loaded, Acura will have at least positioned the car to be a bargain when compared to these cars.

can u drive your mp4-12c to me?....lol

i have been considering buying one for quite some time however ive never been able to drive one and i would jus buy one but my worry is i may like the 458 spider better which ive had a lot experience with. and every friend of mine whose had a mp4 has sold it for a 458...

nsx-1.jpg

nsx-3.jpg

nsx-4.jpg

nsx-5.jpg

nsx-6.jpg

nsx-7.jpg

nsx-8.jpg

nsx-9.jpg

nsx-10.jpg

nsx-11.jpg

nsx-12.jpg

nsx-13.jpg