• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

#AcuraNSXOnTour

Huge thanks for sharing.

i thought the two cars touring the states were both red. How comes one is now black?

did you happen to notice if the black car had carbon brakes because if so every example we've seen has had them. All the literature I've read suggests they are standard spec and these examples might confirm that. Nice also to see more black interiors.

i thought the two cars touring the states were both red. How comes one is now black?
A fellow NSXer told me that the black is one of the cars that were on tour in Europe (which explains the wide front license plate holder). I'm not sure if it's production ready though, since the engine glass is completely blacked out, and it's missing some trim.

did you happen to notice if the black car had carbon brakes because if so every example we've seen has had them. All the literature I've read suggests they are standard spec and these examples might confirm that. Nice also to see more black interiors.
I didn't take a super close look, but the brakes looked identical from what little I can recall. I might have taken some photos of the wheels on my Canon 35mm, I'll have to take a look once I get home.

One of the red ones is at the Monterey Jet Center right now...

IMG_1811.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpg
    IMG_1811.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 447
The two test 2016 NSX were in Tucson, AZ today. I got some pictures and video posted below.

I was patiently "stalking" them and waiting for them to pass on I-10 near Picacho Peak Arizona, since I knew their route today. I came flying out of nowhere from an onramp and caught them - I think they were a bit startled to see all of my '02 LBBP!

Pictures https://flic.kr/s/aHskhwWnML

Video http://youtu.be/wiZ-TWa7SxE

Am seriously impressed with the shots people are getting. I'm also totally confused.

I thought the cars at Monterey were the ones doing the tour but they were both flat red and it seems to be the metallic wine red one.

Now the touring cars are in Arizona and one has changed to black. Where did the other flat red one go?

excellent shots of the all black interior?

am just wondering if there's a consensus yet on which is the better interior colour scheme.

Last edited:
I think only a single metallic red car with the Y-spoke wheels is in Monterey. It is devoid of any visible test equipment but does appear to move under its own power (i.e. not just a rolling chassis).

Per the video above the cars currently on tour are covered in test equipment, one is flat red (?) and one is black.

So there are three driving around different parts of the US right now, one of which might be the same as the black one that was seen in Europe, plus there's the one that climbed Pike's Peak (which I highly doubt was then hastily unwrapped and thrown into a cross-country tour)... So 3-5 running cars are currently confirmed to exist in total.

In Tucson:

CMQrDFsVEAAWYLP.jpg:large

The two test 2016 NSX were in Tucson, AZ today. I got some pictures and video posted below.

I was patiently "stalking" them and waiting for them to pass on I-10 near Picacho Peak Arizona, since I knew their route today. I came flying out of nowhere from an onramp and caught them - I think they were a bit startled to see all of my '02 LBBP!

Pictures https://flic.kr/s/aHskhwWnML

Video http://youtu.be/wiZ-TWa7SxE

Thank you for sharing. I love the comparison photos. All very good shots. There seems to be quite a bit of wheel gap. The size comparison between the first gen and 2nd gen is exactly as I imagined.

Also it seems that the tires have grown 305/30/20 in the rear. I'm guessing 255/35/19 in the fronts to match?

Did anyone notice that at about 52 seconds in .. there's a whole bunch of what looks like yellow extension cord in the driver's side front hood vent?
I think it's part of the wiring they are using to collect data, here are a couple more pics. I guess future owners can use the vent areas as storage compartments.

BTzdRSa.jpg

VDfdlnz.jpg

Last edited:
The black one looks really good! I had a black 91, always liked that the best because it blended the roof with the body. Not sure why I like the new one in black. Don't like Ferraris or Lambos in black......

Back